42 2ton - Page 20 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

42 2ton

Old 01-25-2018, 08:58 PM
Posting Guru

bernette is a name known to allbernette is a name known to allbernette is a name known to allbernette is a name known to allbernette is a name known to allbernette is a name known to all
catimann,i found a diagram of that somewhere! i will try and post it!
Old 01-25-2018, 09:20 PM
Posting Guru

bernette is a name known to allbernette is a name known to allbernette is a name known to allbernette is a name known to allbernette is a name known to allbernette is a name known to all
Old 01-25-2018, 09:28 PM
Posting Guru

in my truck i have i believe a pcv valve. so the vacumm is below the carburator instead of air filter! i,m really not sure,but it sounds logical! as you can see in the picture.
now if i can get used to the picture posting!
Old 01-25-2018, 10:36 PM
Elder User

white 66 has a very good reputation on FTE.white 66 has a very good reputation on FTE.white 66 has a very good reputation on FTE.
PCV valve...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernette View Post
I know that we have talked about this on the forum before but I sure would like to find a way to put one on a 59-A with out much trouble. Like what you have done so far with your truck.
Old 01-27-2018, 11:01 PM
Posting Guru

made a cap for the gas pump and will look Inside when motor runs, just out of curiosity. i will install a oïl pressure and temperature gauge temporarily,for the next year . all i have to do is install carburator and oïl filter pipes to do a first start,without any prestone. i will reuse my leaking radiator for the next year ,until i can gather up more coins for the final.
on the oïl filter lines theres a repair or some sort of restriction! is this normal or should i install a new pipe!
Old 01-27-2018, 11:06 PM
Posting Guru

Old 01-27-2018, 11:16 PM
Posting Guru

is it Worth while to try and install some sort of seal on the fan hub, i thought of putting a o ring in one of the 3 groves. there was oïl in there yet,i was suprise theres no bearings in there. i will get a set of gasket it nice and tight ,but awfully dirty.
not sure what i will do for the alternator ,joe from joe,s antique said them slingshot braquets can slacken! he sells them as a match set with alternator!
Old 01-28-2018, 10:37 AM
Posting Legend

56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Quote:

made a cap for the gas pump and will look Inside when motor runs, just out of curiosity. i will install a oïl pressure and temperature gauge temporarily,for the next year . all i have to do is install carburator and oïl filter pipes to do a first start,without any prestone. i will reuse my leaking radiator for the next year ,until i can gather up more coins for the final.
on the oïl filter lines theres a repair or some sort of restriction! is this normal or should i install a new pipe!
I'd get rid of that Brian..
Old 02-10-2018, 07:49 PM
Posting Guru

got about 6 hours into truck ,and seems like i didn,t do nothing! i got to get a plan going,i,m jumping around on different jobs. i almost done on motor,got oïl in it and installed my oïl filter. i was missing the the restricking fitting,i made one with a brass bolt. i tried cranking it,it would turn for 1 turn and almost stop. i had clean the paint for the starter to ground! it turns good with a wrench,so maybe starter is wore. it had a paint rebuilt didn,t open it up. done some sandblasting on inner fenders and fan shroud and my battery rack. i shorten the battery rack and slimed the height. made my holes for the master cylinder and ruxel lever. now the ruxel lever is going to open a new can of worms.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:02 PM
Posting Guru

tacomacream has much to be proud oftacomacream has much to be proud oftacomacream has much to be proud oftacomacream has much to be proud oftacomacream has much to be proud oftacomacream has much to be proud oftacomacream has much to be proud oftacomacream has much to be proud oftacomacream has much to be proud of
It sounds like you got a lot done in six hours to me! The manual 2 speed will be cool when you get the connections figured out. Looking good.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:19 PM
Posting Guru

i really hope i can make it work!
Old 02-13-2018, 06:48 AM
Posting Guru

took starter apart. bushings were ok brushes about 7/16 left,we got a growler armature tested ok. i sanded the brush were they meet the armature they were black and greased the bushing. bolted back on and spinned like a new one. turned motor over until i got 10lbs oïl pressure. put gas in the tank and fired it up .
Old 02-13-2018, 08:54 AM
Post Fiend

GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
took starter apart. bushings were ok brushes about 7/16 left,we got a growler armature tested ok. i sanded the brush were they meet the armature they were black and greased the bushing. bolted back on and spinned like a new one. turned motor over until i got 10lbs oïl pressure. put gas in the tank and fired it up .
Well.... How did it sound? That's a big step! Your truck is looking great, btw.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:16 PM
Posting Guru

i wasn,t really planning on firing it up yet! now that it was cranking ok ,i decided to fire it up. bolted the coil and wired the electric gas pump to the coil wire. she started quick but would stall ! i would pump carb start again and stall,done that a few times. then noticed the vaccum ports were not plugged . after that it ran better,but was getting hot radiator is not installed. i did notice i had gas leaking around the carburator shaft i think. it was wet with gas,and the gas pedal rod would unhook. the ball is wore out. i guess i will be needing a better carburator!
Old 02-13-2018, 11:18 PM
Post Fiend

GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.GB SISSON has a spectacular reputation.
Quote:
i wasn,t really planning on firing it up yet! now that it was cranking ok ,i decided to fire it up. bolted the coil and wired the electric gas pump to the coil wire. she started quick but would stall ! i would pump carb start again and stall,done that a few times. then noticed the vaccum ports were not plugged . after that it ran better,but was getting hot radiator is not installed. i did notice i had gas leaking around the carburator shaft i think. it was wet with gas,and the gas pedal rod would unhook. the ball is wore out. i guess i will be needing a better carburator!
The good ol holley 94s are plentiful and cheap. For some reason the 3 carb hot rod guys want the 97s. Better for us conservative types.