Pre-Power Stroke Diesel (7.3L IDI & 6.9L) Diesel Topics Only

The HHO injection thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 09:57 PM
archangel
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Joetravelall
I've got a question about temp limit switch. Where is a good placement for it and what is a good switch to use? I ask because I am not sure if I want a switch in my electrolyte solution during electrolysis. Things tend to grow on metal and electrodes during such processes and render them inoperable or at least inaccurate and ineffective. I have been pondering this question for some time.
Perhaps mount it on the out side of the case and insulate it?

Originally Posted by Joetravelall
Has any one tried graphite as electrode? The first eletrolyzer I saw as a was at NASA during a tour and it used what looked like carbon arc rods but that was over 30 years ago.
How about those copper coated Carbon rods used in cutting metal with an ARC welder?
They can be threaded.

Old 06-09-2008, 12:31 PM
444dieselrod
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
the temp switch on the one I installed was just one of those little round temp switches. I dont even know where to get them or what its real name is, but it was on the top of the unit.

Diesle Rod

Old 06-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Dave Sponaugle
Post Fiend

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Some of the electric fans have a remote bulb that would normally be attached to the outside of the upper radiator hose.
They also have a variable thermostat so you can select the temp the aux fan kicks on.

The switch would never handle 20 amps, but it would be able to trigger a relay.

Old 06-11-2008, 05:44 PM
dougphysics
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scientists can't even confirm HHO gas exists!!!

The idea of the HHO kit is to use a little bit of electricity that is made by the engine (by the alternator) and create HHO gas which more than makes up for that electricity you used. Why bother putting this in a car.... just hook it up to itself. It should be able to make free energy essentially. Use a little bit of electricity to make the HHO gas and then run an engine that makes lots of extra power.

"Free energy" has been proved impossible over the last 200 years and you can only find people with no science background selling them. They never work in any lab test. The inventor never powers his house off it, or hooks it up to the grid to produce power and make money. Sure sounds great, but if this was true, there would be free energy, and making your car more efficient would be the least amazing thing HHO offers.

Scientists can't even confirm HHO gas exists! I mean come on, they invent new elements in the lab, you would think the least they could do is find HHO gas that a layman can make with a kit for a couple hundred bucks. So obviously it's just making H2 and O2, wow century old technology.

Now a good idea is to hook up a normal electrolysis gadget and make some pure Oxygen and pump that into the engine. Now you can pump in more fuel and get more power. It's like a nitrous boost. That sure won't help your gas mileage tho.

Another thing.... do guys remember when the guys down in Australia made a car powered on HHO gas... they used a gallon or two of water to drive hundreds of miles without any gas. It was all over youtube. Apparently so many people watched this that now people are selling electrolysis machines to everyone claiming this HHO gas will save you money.

It's almost as bad as filling your tires with nitrogen. Air is 80% nitrogen. So you wouldn't save more than about two ounces of weight total. People claim that it won't leak out of your tire as much as air but i've never noticed my tires leaking down 20% and then stopping with just nitrogen left inside so I don't buy that argument either.
<!-- / message --><!-- controls -->

Old 06-11-2008, 07:16 PM
Marianna2003
Elder User
You may be right, but I'm dumb enough to prove it for myself. Too many people are saying that this works to be a hoax. And I don't care what the theory is, I'm interested in the results.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:45 PM
twtcad
Senior User
I finally had a chance to get back the HHO Generator. I assembled the plates as you can see in the pics. Man.....drilling stainless is not easy!

Also as you can see I should have used silicone on the wire connections prior to sealing in up. I'm getting a little water seeping out of the wire. I'll fix that later.........After running it for a while and adding Lye I ended up w/ a total of 4 tbs in 1 gallon of water and it was running at 20amps. But I still was only producing about 1/2 liter per minute. At this point I do not know what else I can do to increase production w/ the design I have! So I've decided it's time to install it. Hopefully tomorrow my machine shop buddy will be coming by and we will take some measurements so he can fab up a bracket for it to sit on. And I still need to figure out a suitable "bubbler" any suggestions? As soon as I can get these two items figured out, I'm installing it and seeing if it does anything!

Has anybody else had any luck/disappointments lately w/ their unit?

Old 06-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Marianna2003
Elder User
I attached a 1 1/2" pipe onto the side of the main tank (2' long 4" dia sch 40 PVC pipe). I used a 1/2" pipe down the center of the 1 1/2" pipe to about 1/2" from the bottom. I'm mounting my unit to the side of my headache rack and will use 1/4" PVC tubing to run to a bubbler next to the radiator, then finally into the air cleaner inlet. A 5/8" drill is just about perfect to fit the 1/2" in pipe. I'll try to get pix when I'm done.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:10 PM
twtcad
Senior User
Originally Posted by Marianna2003
I attached a 1 1/2" pipe onto the side of the main tank (2' long 4" dia sch 40 PVC pipe). I used a 1/2" pipe down the center of the 1 1/2" pipe to about 1/2" from the bottom. I'm mounting my unit to the side of my headache rack and will use 1/4" PVC tubing to run to a bubbler next to the radiator, then finally into the air cleaner inlet. A 5/8" drill is just about perfect to fit the 1/2" in pipe. I'll try to get pix when I'm done.
Have you run yours yet? What is your production rate? Can't wait to see pics!

Old 06-11-2008, 08:21 PM
George D.
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dougphysics
The idea of the HHO kit is to use a little bit of electricity that is made by the engine (by the alternator) and create HHO gas which more than makes up for that electricity you used. Why bother putting this in a car.... just hook it up to itself. It should be able to make free energy essentially. Use a little bit of electricity to make the HHO gas and then run an engine that makes lots of extra power.

"Free energy" has been proved impossible over the last 200 years and you can only find people with no science background selling them. They never work in any lab test. The inventor never powers his house off it, or hooks it up to the grid to produce power and make money. Sure sounds great, but if this was true, there would be free energy, and making your car more efficient would be the least amazing thing HHO offers.
Wow you toatally missed how this works didn't you we are not talking about free energy. We are talking about taking advantage of a potential for energy that is already there 20% of diesel injected into the cylinder is not burned. Hydro gen and pure oxygen are very volitile and burn much faster than diesel. So if you inject Hydrogen and pure oxygen. H2 and O or HHO as we referto it, into the engine then it should in theory cause a faster moving flame front that should burn more of the 20% of wasted fule. If more of the fule being injected is burnt then we wouldn't need to inject as much to get the same power levels so it should return better fule millage.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:23 PM
George D.
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh and last time I checked scientist have confirmed hydogen and oxygen do exist. If this technology is truley impossible then there wouldn't be air on submariens.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:20 PM
David85
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, maybe we should go easy on the science talk, religion is usually taboo on the forum

Old 06-11-2008, 10:46 PM
waynebo
Senior User
MagDrive FuelfromH2o How it all works

Here is a simplified explanation on how the systems works in changing water into Hydrogen and Oxygen. Lets start with the water, it should be at least filtered or distilled and a gallon is about the best amount to have prepared for your HHO generator. We call it an HHO generator because it produces both Hydrogen and Oxygen simultaneously thru the process of electrolysis.
When water is introduced with electrical current/voltage [preferably DC] it has a tendency to become excited and divides into its primary elements of Hydrogen and Oxygen. The produced Hydrogen and Oxygen are now in a gaseous state from the liquid water. Its been said by others that the two elements have been split apart from one another into their sub-diatomic molecular state. A fallacy out there is that it takes more energy to produce the HHO than the energy it releases. Not at all true, that's why there are HHO generators available out there. You can produce HHO with as little as 1.5 vlts DC and an amp of current. Its not only how its done but the way in which the HHO generator is configured to permit a useful out put with minimal power input. You can put 2 bare ended wires into a bucket of water and electrolyte and produce a small quantity of HHO by putting a DC current through the wires. The principle is to produce as much as possible with the least amount of electrical input energy. In reality, once the HHO generator has been charged up it actually acts like a wet cell battery. It holds a charge of 1.5 - 2.0 volts DC and can operate when charged with the power switch turned off, until the remaining suspended HHO gas is pulled off. The power switch is primarily used to maintain the HHO generators charge. If you wanted to get fancy or sophisticated, you could build an electronic circuit that would turn the HHO gen off/on repeatedly. Kind of like bursting the unit with a Pulse Wave Modulator, it does appear to be feasable,the future modification will be made available to "ALL" of our MagDrive users as an upgrade. What we do here is draw off that produced gaseous material by vacumn created by the vehicles engine and feed the gasses directly into the engine for combustion purposes. The system is an on demand system, "NOT" a pressurized storage system the HHO generator only produces what the vehicles engine may call for, nothing more. Can we idle an engine on pure HHO, the answer is absolutely, but to actually operate the vehicle under normal driving conditions the current technology is not quite there yet. Currently most of our users see from 35 - 45% on average concerning fuel savings. But don't think it stops there, the NEW Magnum Series HHO generators are pushing the fuel savings into the upper 60% range. If we keep on working on the problems that hold us from using just HHO long enough we will reach that point where the vehicles fuel tank will become a water reservoir tank for holding just water. The process is as follows, You start with water and an electrolyte KOH [potassium hydroxide]. You add DC current, the H2o breaks down into H2 & O [we just call it HHO]. We introduce it into the engine by use of the engines vacuum. The HHO combines with the gasoline and air in the combustion chamber and is burnt. Once burnt it converts back to H20 [water]. Its now going to absorb the inner heat from the engine normally at 350 - 400*F and turn into super heated steam. Then its pushed out during the exhaust stroke and out the tail pipe. There it condenses back into to water vapor and eventually collects back into water. So you start with water and end with water. So what are our results, first and foremost a really odorless exhaust. Lowered Co2 emissions, NO2 emissions go almost to 0, In short the exhaust emissions drop off the scale as you know them and you produce water vapor from your vehicles tailpipe. Why vapor instead of water??? Because the hydrocarbon fuel [gasoline] produces enough heat during combustion to keep the burnt HHO in a water vapor state, so it will totally condense into water outside of the exhaust system [eliminating any internal corrosion]. Now you're going to ask, why don't the auto builders or other big corporations utilize this basic technology??? Its against their business model, if I can sell you an automobile that runs on inefficient fuel and promise you better mileage next time. And you haven't any other choices, what are you really going to do? Why is it, that the auto builders have to be mandated to improve vehicle milage? Because they are in bed with the oil producers and the lot of'em are in bed with big banking money. Here is a little tid bit of knowledge for you... This technology has been around since the middle 1800's. YEAH THAT RIGHT!!! Back before the take off of the industrial revolution and the real use of oil and coal to power our factories and vehicles. But oil and coal was easier technology and easily found and CHEAP. GUESS WHAT "NOT ANY MORE"! So if you could gain performance, better fuel efficiency, a smaller bill at the gas pump. WOULD YOU DO IT??? Whether you purchase our HHO units or go to a competitor's store or website and purchase theirs. Just as long as you the consumer realize that you have been methodically led into a money pit concerning energy and fuel.
SO NOW, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT???

found this and thought i would add it,,,somebody use one

Old 06-12-2008, 12:42 AM
tbone91
Elder User
Originally Posted by David85
Yeah, maybe we should go easy on the science talk, religion is usually taboo on the forum
You're right but, unfortunately, (I claim) that all our communicating is all done using the religion of science. Even saying "howdy" to someone implies existence of the other person in a physical (scientific model) sense.

For completness in the language of chemistry "2-H20 -> 2-H2 + O2". In other words, for every two water molecules that are split you end up with two hydrogen molecules plus one oxygen molecule.

Can't wait to see those mpg numbers so I can decide whether or not to make plans to build my own

Old 06-12-2008, 03:09 AM
stevilknevil
Senior User
now i got a headache

Old 06-12-2008, 03:32 AM
78bigbronco
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by RARE_1
I think anyone that thinks this is "free" energy is an idiot. Strong words but I think it fits here.

What I see it as is using excess energy (electric) to make the combustion process more efficient and effective. By completely burning all of the fossil fuel we are able to stop the waste.
The problem is the electrical energy isnt 'excess', and it requires quite a bit electrical energy to break H2O apart. that electrical energy is produced by the alternator which is belt driven and loads the engine down by even more energy since alternators are not 100% efficient either.

Burning hydrogen in a combustion engine is proven and not in question. Producing it from water from electricity generated by its own alternator however is what wont work to be self sustaining. But what is the grey area is you guys that are using just a little of it as a catalyst of sorts to burn more desiel... sure it may work, but what I am curious about is if what you gain outweighs the extra power it took to do it... I am thinking not but of course waiting for some scientifically proven results.

Quick Reply: The HHO injection thread