Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking good man.

Old 09-21-2017, 01:14 PM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by 77mud
With extreme precision I managed to straighten the bumper on Ol' Blue this weekend.
All right...

Old 09-21-2017, 01:16 PM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Benztechnc

Can't wait to see it in Oct....
Paint looks great...

Old 09-21-2017, 06:49 PM
HEAVYDOC
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good, I know if it was my project I couldn't wait to drive it again

Old 09-21-2017, 09:07 PM
Cracker289
Fleet Mechanic
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
You do good work, Josh Classic!

Old 09-22-2017, 09:57 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Cracker289
You do good work, Josh Classic!
Showing it off with the camera helps. Just don't get too close to it. You'll see a TON of amateur mistakes!!!

But thank's Old John!

Old 09-22-2017, 09:58 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by HEAVYDOC
looks good, I know if it was my project I couldn't wait to drive it again
Thanks Heavy Doc. Hopefully it'll fire up with little trouble this weekend.

Old 09-22-2017, 10:13 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by fuzzy1626
Can't wait to see it in Oct....
Paint looks great...
Tony, I'll be bringing it if I have the trailer fixed by then. Otherwise I'll drive the jeep most likely. I'd like to have the trailer fixed by then though.

The metal it looks like, we might be able to get away with 200$ worth. But been looking around Fayetteville for the best prices.

Yes, I would LOVE to show up to the campsite driving the one ton towing the jeep, but we shall see how much we can get done.

Old 09-23-2017, 03:38 AM
Cracker289
Fleet Mechanic
Showing it off with the camera helps. Just don't get too close to it. You'll see a TON of amateur mistakes!!!

But thank's Old John!
I'm toying with the idea of a roller paint job on my F100 using tractor paint. At least then it could actually be green for a while.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:47 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
I'm toying with the idea of a roller paint job on my F100 using tractor paint. At least then it could actually be green for a while.
Going to do all the body work first before rollering it?

well one of my old co workers from Mercedes stopped by out of the blue yesterday. He was working roadside, which means basically driving a truck carrying a ton of batteries to install for people. He had an old one that he had pulled out of a car, not good enough to keep a Mercedes on the road but certainly good enough to start an old truck.

So a little ether and a little extra power from a jump box and that's all she took. Fired right up.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:50 PM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
So Marty and Dustin came by today. We were able to get the fuel filler necks on, put some gas in one of the tanks, she runs with out shooting ether in her now. We coated the old rear bumper with rubber under coat, just until I can get over to Dave's one day. That's bolted on now, along with tail lights.

Then to the front of the truck and hood, cowl and adjusting it all. Dustin knocked out the exterior window trim and we all fought with the rear window. I don't know if we screwed up the rope trick or if it just didn't work with the aftermarket window seal. But we're not happy with how it turned out.

If if anyone knows the rope trick and would like to teach it, I'm all for it.

Tomorrow I'll hit up the parts store for some nickel and dime stuff. Plus another 5 gallons of gas. I still need to test the back tank.

Dustin and I may also hit the junkyard if anyone else is interested in going.

Old 09-23-2017, 11:37 PM
Cracker289
Fleet Mechanic
So Marty and Dustin came by today. We were able to get the fuel filler necks on, put some gas in one of the tanks, she runs with out shooting ether in her now. We coated the old rear bumper with rubber under coat, just until I can get over to Dave's one day. That's bolted on now, along with tail lights.

Then to the front of the truck and hood, cowl and adjusting it all. Dustin knocked out the exterior window trim and we all fought with the rear window. I don't know if we screwed up the rope trick or if it just didn't work with the aftermarket window seal. But we're not happy with how it turned out.

If if anyone knows the rope trick and would like to teach it, I'm all for it.

Tomorrow I'll hit up the parts store for some nickel and dime stuff. Plus another 5 gallons of gas. I still need to test the back tank.

Dustin and I may also hit the junkyard if anyone else is interested in going.
I got a junkyard trip planned for next Friday.

I tried the rope trick with my back window and just got not get it. But I was having a new windshield installed, so I called that guy and said how much extra would you charge to reinstall my back window with the new rubber I already bought. He said $40 so I agreed, and I watched him do it. He did basically the same thing as me except he had thinner rope, I'd call it string just about. And you could tell he had done this 1,000 times before, he was moving fast, just zip zip zip it all went into place.

Old 09-24-2017, 11:29 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
I got a junkyard trip planned for next Friday.

I tried the rope trick with my back window and just got not get it. But I was having a new windshield installed, so I called that guy and said how much extra would you charge to reinstall my back window with the new rubber I already bought. He said $40 so I agreed, and I watched him do it. He did basically the same thing as me except he had thinner rope, I'd call it string just about. And you could tell he had done this 1,000 times before, he was moving fast, just zip zip zip it all went into place.
i checked safelite online last night and a new slider glass installed is roughly 400$ If I have to pay some one then I'll have them install new, and exactly what I want.

Old 09-24-2017, 02:39 PM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
Received 2,101 Likes on 1,790 Posts
The trick is string, something that will soak in dish soap.
Soak string first, I over lap the ends at the bottom fitting it in the gasket where the pinch weld will go.
Fit the glass/gasket to the body at the bottom, all but the corners (maybe only 1 if you fit it right) should be in place.
With someone pushing lightly on the glass where the string is working the rubber pull on the string so it pulls the rubber over and inside working your way around the gasket.
Easy as pie LOL

BTW josh the truck does look good.
By the time you come for that bumper I may have it off.....I know that's what you are waiting for right? LOL
Dave ----

Old 09-24-2017, 02:40 PM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
Received 2,101 Likes on 1,790 Posts
Because new lower radiator hoses do not come with springs and the PO's did not swap the spring when the hose was changed out I needed to add one.
You also cant buy just the spring so I bought a $7 hose that had a spring and swapped it in. Got to tell you not a fun job!

Did not install the hoses as I need to replace the AC condenser yet.

Painted the air filter housing I got thru a member

Then made a list of cut wires in the radio area, and under hood and posted them to see what they are for. Thinking for radio but not sure.
Dave ----

Quick Reply: Official NCFTE Works Thread