Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Old 07-17-2012, 01:10 PM
AndrewWV
Senior User
AndrewWV has a very good reputation on FTE.AndrewWV has a very good reputation on FTE.AndrewWV has a very good reputation on FTE.AndrewWV has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Snowseeker View Post
Last one I parked next to the couple didn't even glance when they left. Just loaded up their 6 kids and left. lol
What? How did I totally miss you? (just kidding)

Old 07-17-2012, 02:23 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Snowseeker View Post
Just loaded up their 6 kids and left. lol
Now you know why they left

Old 07-17-2012, 02:35 PM
AndrewWV
Senior User
AndrewWV has a very good reputation on FTE.AndrewWV has a very good reputation on FTE.AndrewWV has a very good reputation on FTE.AndrewWV has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Toreador_Diesel View Post
Now you know why they left
No, it wasn't me. If it was, at least one of my six kids would have commented on being parked next to another X. As it is, my wife already thinks I'm a little crazy for wondering every time we see another one whether it belongs to someone on here.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:12 PM
reospw
New User
reospw is starting off with a positive reputation.
When the gas station attendant looks at the pump and then under your truck to see if its leaking.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by reospw View Post
When the gas station attendant looks at the pump and then under your truck to see if its leaking.
PRICELESS!!!!

Old 07-21-2012, 12:24 PM
USCG
Freshman User
USCG is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

That got a chuckle out of me

Old 07-21-2012, 12:51 PM
RideNaked
Junior User
RideNaked is starting off with a positive reputation.
The look of shock on my co-workers face when I tell him my excursion gets the same gas mileage as his infiniti fx35...........with a V-10 engine.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:04 AM
79malibu
Freshman User
79malibu is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
when you watch the video at the pump loop 3 times while filling

Old 11-28-2012, 01:10 AM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
when your friends see this and cant believe it, then you say i wasn't even empty!

when you make 1/2ton and 3/4ton suburbans look like toys

i totally forgot about this thread!

Old 11-28-2012, 08:10 AM
mr.noodi
Senior User
mr.noodi is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.mr.noodi is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
when you went to service and the lifter couldn't handle the truck wight.

Happened to me

Old 11-28-2012, 10:01 AM
Rushmore X
Postmaster
Rushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by mr.noodi View Post
when you went to service and the lifter couldn't handle the truck wight.

Happened to me
been there too, he had to rearrange vehicles in the shop so mine could go on the only lift that could do the job...

Old 11-28-2012, 01:53 PM
billnuke1
Senior User
billnuke1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
How about when you look under your truck to see if it is leaking!

Old 11-28-2012, 02:40 PM
Dave Brawley
Junior User
Dave Brawley is starting off with a positive reputation.
When you pull your credit card out twice to fill it.. Its not a prius

When you can spot it in the mall parking lot at christmas among 1000 vehicles

when you dont care if the driveway is plowed

when you dont care what the trailer weighs ...sorta

when you spend 10,000 bucks for a headgasket change and bulletproofing..

Old 11-28-2012, 02:43 PM
acf6
Post Fiend
acf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputation
10 grand? Yikes, hope you got a new engine too..

Old 11-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Dave Brawley
Junior User
Dave Brawley is starting off with a positive reputation.
it was ugly, actually 9200.. Alot of damage from over heating and blowing HGs.. New pumps, radiator, belt, ARP studs, Trans service, several flushes, rework of heads, but... added a couple things like a radiator filter system, and some good gages, so if I itemize it, it was probably about 7000 for the actual engine work.. Still I think High, but I got into it too far and kept finding things.. There was no fraud or anything like that.. I saw the parts and the analysis...etc.. Its just expensive to have work done nowadays..

I thought about going to atlanta and getting the man to do it, but the travel costs offset the $$.. SO.. I felt stuck.. I knew it was head gaskets blown... what I didn't know is how much other damage was done.. I was towing in the 100 deg heat last summer, taking it easy, but it got hot because the coolant was bubbling out, and I had to nurse it in... motor has 160K miles.. with all that, its funny, it ran perfectly the whole time, just heated and blew out the water.. Classic 6L problem.. Now its right, so Im gonna drive it till the wheels fall off of it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.