Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Old 12-29-2011, 04:40 PM
radmacks
Senior User
radmacks has a good reputation on FTE.radmacks has a good reputation on FTE.
You know you drive an EX when your importing your new EX into Canada and the Customs agent says "Why do you need a truck this big?"

You know you drive an EX when you pull up to the pump on E and tell the girl to fill it your just going across the street to grab a coffee. When you come back she is still standing there pumping and smiles shaking her head.

True stories.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:30 AM
429PI IN 75 f-100
Senior User
429PI IN 75 f-100 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I know this is a older thread but i thought i might add my two cents on it you know when you drive an EX when you can change your fuel filter while filling up and your glad an oil field semi bent the guards for the pumps so you have something comfy to prop yourself up on when your filling up but i do love these big old girls

Old 07-01-2012, 01:29 AM
EXv10
Post Fiend
EXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputation
When the real men crack half a smile, the women look confused, and the hippies give you a dirty look.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:30 AM
precisiontile
Senior User
precisiontile has a good reputation on FTE.precisiontile has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by sierra6 View Post
You know you own an Excursion when...

You do not care when a lifted Suburban fills the parking spot before you at the drive in movies. You can still see the bottom of the screen from the back row.

Recently, My wife and I took our kids to the Route 66 drive-in in Carthage, Mo. I have a Yakima Megawarrior Rack on top and was told by the owner and law enforcement that was there, that I had to go to the very back spaces because the Ex being so big.

The kids wanted to lay in the basket and I agreed, being there first time ever to a drive-in and remembering when I was a kid myself! The deputies tried to tell us that the kids would have to get down from the top. I remarked how being the tallest vehicle there and already in the back row that it shouldn't matter where the kids decided to watch the movie, that it would be better than a blanket on the ground! They called the Supervisor, He came over and after noticing the age of the kids, the megawarrior rack and that we were in the back row already, turned and said they could stay! Later my wife and I went to the concession stand and looking to the back of the drive-in past vans, trucks and suburbans you could still clearly see the Ex!

Old 07-01-2012, 09:00 AM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Great story Tom, you just needed to get the super. and deputy up there to see that view, they'd have been sold!

Old 07-01-2012, 11:23 AM
az_r2d1
Posting Guru
az_r2d1 has much to be proud ofaz_r2d1 has much to be proud ofaz_r2d1 has much to be proud ofaz_r2d1 has much to be proud ofaz_r2d1 has much to be proud ofaz_r2d1 has much to be proud ofaz_r2d1 has much to be proud ofaz_r2d1 has much to be proud ofaz_r2d1 has much to be proud ofaz_r2d1 has much to be proud of
garage doors

When you are looking to buy a house and the first thing you check for is if the garage doors are 10+ Ft tall...

Old 07-01-2012, 12:42 PM
jts140
Freshman User
jts140 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just bought it and first family trip you come home carrying a lazyboy chair in the rear

Old 07-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Jmatthews
is a BAAAD MAN
Jmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputationJmatthews has a superb reputation
When we go to the local baseball games they try to tell us we can't park there because we take up too much space. I got mad and went to the next attendant and said "He asked us to ask you where to park. Then she parked us and I told the other dude "Thanks Abu." My wife was mad. I said we got parked right?

Old 07-01-2012, 02:41 PM
EXv10
Post Fiend
EXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputation
True story; I wanted to rent a space in a lot one time by the month but when she saw the truck she said "I will have to charge you double because that is like 2 cars"........kinda reminds me of the airlines.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:12 PM
305dgar
Freshman User
305dgar is starting off with a positive reputation.
When u fit the groceries in the trunk(with a sub n custom box) and the soccer mom in the mini van as the team holding what didnt fit in her trunk while the team stares at the X, and u give the look.

Old 07-05-2012, 11:02 PM
sierra6
Senior User
sierra6 is starting off with a positive reputation.
You know when you driven an Ex for a while when you know which is the fastest and which is the slowest pumps at the gas station.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:29 AM
LWW
Elder User
LWW has a great reputation on FTE.LWW has a great reputation on FTE.LWW has a great reputation on FTE.LWW has a great reputation on FTE.LWW has a great reputation on FTE.LWW has a great reputation on FTE.
You know when you driven an Ex for a while when you know which is the fastest and which is the slowest pumps at the gas station.
This is soo true! I found a station that caters to tractor trailers and uses a 1" ID hose and filler and an awesome pump and it fills the 44 gallon tank in a 10th of the time the crappy little standard 3/4" slow pumps do the job.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
So true!

Murphy USA has some of the fastest diesel pumps and depending on where you go, Valero has the big rig pumps off to the side. Here in Houston that is...

Old 07-06-2012, 08:42 AM
AndrewWV
Senior User
AndrewWV has a very good reputation on FTE.AndrewWV has a very good reputation on FTE.AndrewWV has a very good reputation on FTE.AndrewWV has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by jts140 View Post
Just bought it and first family trip you come home carrying a lazyboy chair in the rear
<br />
<br />
Shoot, that's nothing. I fit one in the back of a Chevy Metro once. :-) Granted I didn't have room for the family.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:22 PM
1990f150kid
Senior User
1990f150kid is starting off with a positive reputation.
you know your used to driving a huge truck when you drive an EX and it feels alittle small O.o

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.