Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Old 02-26-2014, 11:21 AM
TeamMudd
Posting Guru
TeamMudd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.TeamMudd is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
We were talking at work the other day about trucks, gas mileage, the Louisiana winter/crappy drivers we have down here durring storms ect.... i said i like my excursion for the fact you never know when you might need the extra cargo area, 4x4, ability to haul the enclosed trailer...... our conversation....

Her : that truck is huge... it's like a mini 4x4 school bus
Me : yea it's my get around vehicle!
Her : I could almost put my car in the back of it... but i bet it doesn't get good gas mileage
Me : nah, not to worried about that, i live close, and it's my "Work-UV"... what's your Prius get
Her : about 45-50mpg... what do you get
Me : LAID....
Her : you're freakin crazy! that's awesome!

Old 04-03-2014, 03:35 PM
JTsEX
Freshman User
JTsEX is starting off with a positive reputation.
Kids are awesome

You know you drive a X when you have to throw your seven yr old into the backseat.

Every time she climbs out if there is anyone within earshot she yells, "Our car is huge!" Lol

Old 04-03-2014, 06:03 PM
saz2686
Senior User
saz2686 has a great reputation on FTE.saz2686 has a great reputation on FTE.saz2686 has a great reputation on FTE.saz2686 has a great reputation on FTE.saz2686 has a great reputation on FTE.
...When you lose your dog in the truck! I was working on the Ex and Pokey (dog in avatar pic) was running around outside. I had the door open and I was going in and out. About an hour later I locked the truck and called for pokey. With no response from pokey I went in the house, figured she might be in the woods. Two hours later I was very concerned because in 8 years Pokey has never disappeared for more than 20 minutes. I told my wife Pokey had not come home. She said what were you doing? Working on the truck. Did you look in the truck? No... Sure enough I opened the door to find Pokey sleeping in the third row!

Old 04-03-2014, 10:20 PM
Technologiq
Elder User
Technologiq has much to be proud ofTechnologiq has much to be proud ofTechnologiq has much to be proud ofTechnologiq has much to be proud ofTechnologiq has much to be proud ofTechnologiq has much to be proud ofTechnologiq has much to be proud ofTechnologiq has much to be proud ofTechnologiq has much to be proud ofTechnologiq has much to be proud of
When it costs more to fill the tank than it does to register the vehicle (it was $100 to renew my registration - tank of gas runs me ~$130)

Old 04-04-2014, 08:49 AM
Rushmore X
Postmaster
Rushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Technologiq View Post
When it costs more to fill the tank than it does to register the vehicle (it was $100 to renew my registration - tank of gas runs me ~$130)
yup I hear you on that!

Old 04-04-2014, 11:17 AM
Encho
The Southernmost Mod
Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.Encho has a spectacular reputation.
Lol I'm subscribing to this one, page 9 and I've had some laughs.

Old 04-04-2014, 03:53 PM
SoCalRedEx
New User
SoCalRedEx is starting off with a positive reputation.
you know you drive an EX when you need to make a U turn and it takes you 4 turns. (4 turns is turning around the block)

Old 04-04-2014, 05:10 PM
DavenTn
Fishslayer
DavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant futureDavenTn has a brilliant future
You know your driving an Ex when the guy in his Suburban won't make eye contact.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:11 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
LivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by DavenTn View Post
You know your driving an Ex when the guy in his Suburban won't make eye contact.
Oh Dave, you are so right!

Old 04-05-2014, 12:37 AM
jamesbfishin
Elder User
jamesbfishin is a splendid one to beholdjamesbfishin is a splendid one to beholdjamesbfishin is a splendid one to beholdjamesbfishin is a splendid one to beholdjamesbfishin is a splendid one to beholdjamesbfishin is a splendid one to beholdjamesbfishin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DavenTn View Post

Had that happen the other day, and his was lifted 6" and looked like the 33"s would just fit

Also had a kid roll down his window on his Hyundai and ask if I would sell, and how much EX's go for because he wants one

Old 04-05-2014, 07:07 AM
fordboy67
Postmaster
fordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant future
I once had a guy follow me home to see if I'd sell my x. I have also come out to find notes on my windshield asking if I'd sell!

Old 04-05-2014, 08:04 AM
Snowseeker
Post Fiend
Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
Yup, I have people ask if I will sell mine as well. I even have friends of other people ask me if I will sell for their friend. lol

Like 5 years ago it was cool to have a "for sale" sticker in the corner of some glass somewhere on the vehicle. We should start a new trend with "not for sale" stickers in the corner. lol

Old 04-05-2014, 08:26 AM
Misky6.0
Post Fiend
Misky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputation
6 adults out to lunch and remark they each have more room than in any other vehicle, AND there is more cargo room behind third row than their suv..
Then they see the mpg on the lie o meter and understand why we love our diesel ex so much. I had driven 150 mi hiway to work after a fillup, had 22.4 mpg on the display, and i get that strictly driving hiway. :-)

Sent from my Sprint PC36100 using IB AutoGroup

Old 04-05-2014, 11:47 AM
RRTREE
Junior User
RRTREE is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don't even look at mpg just love looking down at Chevy's.

Old 04-05-2014, 12:19 PM
mecdac
If it flies, it dies
mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by RRTREE View Post
I don't even look at mpg just love looking down at Chevy's.

Your EX looks very nice, my other truck is black. Wheels look great.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.