Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Old 02-13-2014, 02:41 PM
Apocalypse
Post Fiend
Apocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputation
I thought about trying to run diesel instead of gas... do you guys think the Triton would slowly transform if I did just a little at a time? Like every fill up do a half gallon or so until the plugs turn into glow plugs? Should I expect a turbo to form or is that something I will have to manually add?

Old 02-13-2014, 05:58 PM
Misky6.0
Post Fiend
Misky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
I thought about trying to run diesel instead of gas... do you guys think the Triton would slowly transform if I did just a little at a time? Like every fill up do a half gallon or so until the plugs turn into glow plugs? Should I expect a turbo to form or is that something I will have to manually add?
Feed it just before bed, then get it wet. You'll have AMC gremlins in the morning.

Sent from my Sprint PC36100 using IB AutoGroup

Old 02-13-2014, 06:14 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by EXv10 View Post
I'm just keeping the newcomers informed,

Roger that! And I was just exploring the depths of your many insightful and valueable posts in this thread. I'm sure all of the newcomers here really enjoy them. Carry on Brent!

This is a just for fun thread and I was being a big meanie, you were just having your own little bit of fun (over and over and over....) and I tried to throw a wet blanket on you, sorry 'bout that.

Tell us the story about the hippies again Pop-Pop!

Old 02-13-2014, 08:43 PM
Apocalypse
Post Fiend
Apocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Misky6.0 View Post
Feed it just before bed, then get it wet. You'll have AMC gremlins in the morning.
There's a game I play online, it's basically a text based game no World of Warcraft stuff. Anyway, this is one of the "Monsters" A.M.C. gremlin - TheKolWiki When you said that all I could think of was this

Old 02-13-2014, 09:15 PM
priusklr
New User
priusklr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Pesky Prius

You know you drive an excursion when a **** ant prius races to pass you and then slows to a crawl going up the hills.
Excursion solution:
gently push them to the side of the road,
if it is persistent, not so gently push it aside,
when they come back for more on the downhill side just open your door and watch them enjoy the dirt in the ditch.

2000 and 2004 Excursion Limited, V10, 4WD, 6" lifts, 33 & 35" B.F.Goodrick A/T, Dual S.S. non-cat exhaust. Chipped, Fabfour front and rear, Warn 16, 2k watt Kenwood amp with JVC DVD,CD, Sat, USB, stereo, multiple engine mods, Privacy - Secure Glass, hidden RED-Neck Equipment storage space.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:18 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Misky6.0 View Post

Sent from my Sprint PC36100 using IB AutoGroup
Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
There's a game I play online, it's basically a text based game no World of Warcraft stuff. Anyway, this is one of the "Monsters" A.M.C. gremlin - TheKolWiki When you said that all I could think of was this

When ever I think of AMC Gremlins I think of these old Dirt Modified Stock Cars from the '70's, I grew up going to tracks watching these little beasties. Fun times!

Old 02-13-2014, 09:55 PM
Karlsgems
Elder User
Karlsgems has a great reputation on FTE.Karlsgems has a great reputation on FTE.Karlsgems has a great reputation on FTE.Karlsgems has a great reputation on FTE.Karlsgems has a great reputation on FTE.Karlsgems has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by priusklr View Post
You know you drive an excursion when a **** ant prius races to pass you and then slows to a crawl going up the hills.
Excursion solution:
when they come back for more on the downhill side just open your door and watch them enjoy the dirt in the ditch.

2000 and 2004 Excursion Limited, V10, 4WD, 6" lifts, 33 & 35" B.F.Goodrick A/T, Dual S.S. non-cat exhaust. Chipped, Fabfour front and rear, Warn 16, 2k watt Kenwood amp with JVC DVD,CD, Sat, USB, stereo, multiple engine mods, Privacy - Secure Glass, hidden RED-Neck Equipment storage space.

Wait, you have TWO excursions!!??? Oh man, I'm really falling behind the curve here......

Old 02-13-2014, 09:55 PM
mecdac
If it flies, it dies
mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
Kenosha Cadillac

Originally Posted by WE3ZS View Post
When ever I think of AMC Gremlins I think of these old Dirt Modified Stock Cars from the '70's, I grew up going to tracks watching these little beasties. Fun times!
Ain't no Rambler or (as my Dad would say) "Kenosha Cadillac" engine in that.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:00 PM
BassFantasizer
Postmaster
BassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by priusklr View Post
Excursion solution:

I pass them, make them ride the brake down the next hill, the just say, "adios"!

Old 02-13-2014, 10:47 PM
mr.noodi
Senior User
mr.noodi is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.mr.noodi is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
When you can't make a decision about ( what should I buy next after the excursion) ?

Damn, that's just killing me

Old 02-14-2014, 02:53 AM
VQT
Posting Guru
VQT has a great reputation on FTE.VQT has a great reputation on FTE.VQT has a great reputation on FTE.VQT has a great reputation on FTE.VQT has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by jreven View Post
You know you drive an Excursion, when you have to turn the engine off during refueling, so that the gas pump can keep up.
That's very true

Old 02-14-2014, 06:37 AM
fordboy67
Postmaster
fordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant future
That's probably my favorite one so far!

Old 02-26-2014, 06:25 AM
JJ76014
New User
JJ76014 is starting off with a positive reputation.
You know you drive an Excursion when...

You are at a stoplight and a smart car pulls up next to you and you think, heck, I could get one of those in the back of the ex as a spare when I get a flat.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:44 AM
Rushmore X
Postmaster
Rushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud of
I bet one of those would actually fit width and lengthwise, wonder if the cabin is tall enough?

Old 02-26-2014, 11:08 AM
Apocalypse
Post Fiend
I had to drive my mother-in-laws Fiat 500 a few months back. She hit a mail box on an icy road and was to shaken up to drive so wife and I picked her up. I put the seat ALL the way back and I was still scrunched up. I did the normal "Turn the body to check the blind spot before changing lanes" and noticed I could almost touch the rear glass. The next red light I hit I twisted and with my foot still on the brake I did. I felt so claustrophobic it was insane. I had to turn the radio up full blast and open the windows in the freezing weather just to keep my mind off of it!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.