Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Old 12-19-2011, 11:17 AM
robert_l_ross
Postmaster
robert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Pickupmanx2 View Post
?..and people still ask if you know where they can find one!
X2! I couldn't believe it when I had someone ask me if these were only available to FDs or if anyone could get one. This guy thought the Expedition was the biggest thing Ford made for consumers and was pi$$ed he didn't know about the Excursion.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:18 AM
robert_l_ross
Postmaster
robert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputationrobert_l_ross has a superb reputation
Should have seen his face when I told him I traded up from an Expedition...

Old 12-19-2011, 12:15 PM
rsplash40
Senior User
rsplash40 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Start the truck, drive on road, behind honda at stop, nothin but grill

Old 12-19-2011, 06:07 PM
fordboy67
Postmaster
fordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant future
I actually once had a guy follow me home to offer to buy my X! Obviously, he wasn't successful!

Old 12-19-2011, 06:13 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
LivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by fordboy67 View Post
I actually once had a guy follow me home to offer to buy my X! Obviously, he wasn't successful!
Like I posted on page 19, Not for Sale sign coming soon.
Everytime I'm at the car wash!

Old 12-19-2011, 10:46 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Just drove the wife's Honda to work today. I don't near the respect as I do when in the eX. In a small car, you get cut off, pulled in front of, tailgated, passed and overall disrespect of your space. On the other hand, that Honda rides as tight and steers as well as it did on day 1 - now with 120K. (can't say the same for the ole eX)...

but worth every wandering mile (or Km for youse up dere)!

Old 12-20-2011, 03:16 AM
AdirondEx
Junior User
AdirondEx is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by wpnaes View Post
Just drove the wife's Honda to work today. I don't near the respect as I do when in the eX. In a small car, you get cut off, pulled in front of, tailgated, passed and overall disrespect of your space. On the other hand, that Honda rides as tight and steers as well as it did on day 1 - now with 120K. (can't say the same for the ole eX)...

but worth every wandering mile (or Km for youse up dere)!
Funny I was saying the exact same thing the other day. Over the last few months I started taking home one of the company cars to reduce fuel costs but more importantly save the Ex from the daily grind of commuting.

I too experience the "lack of respect" from other drivers as well as getting flipped off twice and called an a**hole by some blond in a Kia SUV. People are downright hostile to that Chevy Malibu compared to the Ex.

Old 12-20-2011, 03:20 AM
robert_l_ross
Postmaster
Originally Posted by fordboy67 View Post
If someone I don't know follows me to my house, they will not be happy when I get out of the truck...

Old 12-20-2011, 06:01 AM
fordboy67
Postmaster
fordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by robert_l_ross View Post
If someone I don't know follows me to my house, they will not be happy when I get out of the truck...

That's kinda how I felt, too. I think I really scared him the way I confronted him when I got out of my truck. Then when I realized what he wanted I calmed down a bit

Old 12-20-2011, 08:08 AM
BassFantasizer
Postmaster
BassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by robert_l_ross View Post

It's been a while, but I've had it happen. And if they thought that they were maxed out on their personal unhappy-meter when they got to the house, they learned that the scale on the plug-in replacement for that gauge allows them to be an order of magnitude more unhappy....

Old 12-20-2011, 03:21 PM
ppo2
Senior User
ppo2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
When in a recent argument with the better half, she decides to sit all the way back in the third row bench seat, and you consider that far enough to avoid a confrontation.

Drive Safe,

Dan

Old 12-21-2011, 01:24 PM
LWW
Elder User
LWW has a great reputation on FTE.LWW has a great reputation on FTE.LWW has a great reputation on FTE.LWW has a great reputation on FTE.LWW has a great reputation on FTE.LWW has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by ppo2 View Post
When in a recent argument with the better half, she decides to sit all the way back in the third row bench seat, and you consider that far enough to avoid a confrontation.
Now THAT is funny!

Although it'll probably result in her complaining about needing to replace the rear shocks/springs...

Old 12-21-2011, 01:47 PM
AndrewWV
Senior User
AndrewWV has a very good reputation on FTE.AndrewWV has a very good reputation on FTE.AndrewWV has a very good reputation on FTE.AndrewWV has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by ppo2 View Post

Drive Safe,

Dan
Or SHE climbs into the driver's seat and tells YOU to go to the back row!

Old 12-22-2011, 08:44 AM
fordboy67
Postmaster
THAT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!

Old 12-22-2011, 09:19 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by AndrewWV View Post
Or SHE climbs into the driver's seat and tells YOU to go to the back row!
OR! OR! She'll send you to your room once you get home

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.