Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Old 07-08-2012, 04:26 PM
TrdLtly
Posting Guru
TrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputation
You know you drive an X when.... you tell your buddy that you don't need the utility trailer to bring home a half assembled portable basketball stand with the base still filled with sand.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:41 PM
RideNaked
Junior User
RideNaked is starting off with a positive reputation.
When you're catching up with your brother in law cause you haven't seen eachother in 6+ months and you are telling him you bought an ex........ He asks what size v-8 it's got in it......you say 6.8 V-10.......... His mouth drops as he says (verbatim) "THEY MAKE THOSE?????"

Lol, that really just happened.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Misky6.0
Post Fiend
Misky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputation
The 3 guys loading lumber into/onto their short-bed pickup at
Home Depot stop and stare in amazement as you slide in 4x8 sheets
of plywood AND 10' long lumber and then CLOSE the doors and drive away
- IN THE RAIN. Priceless.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:57 PM
william_04_x
Postmaster
william_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Misky6.0 View Post
Home Depot stop and stare in amazement as you slide in 4x8 sheetss
Nice......

Old 07-08-2012, 09:16 PM
TrdLtly
Posting Guru
TrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputationTrdLtly has a superb reputation
That right there says it all. LOL

Old 07-08-2012, 09:55 PM
429PI IN 75 f-100
Senior User
429PI IN 75 f-100 is starting off with a positive reputation.
When the man riding around with his wife in their pruis gives you a respectful head nod and when getting kicked out of the house isn't so bad because you got seats in your vehicle that more comfortable than anything in your house and a dvd player

Old 07-09-2012, 01:12 PM
bigwhitetruck01
Senior User
bigwhitetruck01 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.bigwhitetruck01 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
You know you drive an Excursion when you don't need a trailer to transport your 4wheeler...because it fits in the back, without losing the second row seating. Ha!

Old 07-09-2012, 02:41 PM
tims01
Elder User
tims01 has a very good reputation on FTE.tims01 has a very good reputation on FTE.tims01 has a very good reputation on FTE.
living in Washington i go this all the time and its PRICELESS the look on everyone's face ..

Originally Posted by bigwhitetruck01 View Post
You know you drive an Excursion when you don't need a trailer to transport your 4wheeler...because it fits in the back, without losing the second row seating. Ha!
I did this with my xr600r dirt bike .. showing up for riding and watching everyone's face when i pulled the bike out was funny

sometimes i do this stuff just to watch the faces of people..... or i like it when they ask me "how much it cost to put that motor in there" when they see my badges in the side

T444E, VT365,MaxxForce, International Domed Label, 7.3L, 6.4L and 6.0L badge

Old 07-09-2012, 10:31 PM
mb_01sc
Senior User
mb_01sc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.mb_01sc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'm a newbie, but will have to go back through this thread...

My contribution:

You know you drive an excursion when you can fit 3 people and a full size side by side refrigerator inside.

Visiting family last weekend and they had an extra fridge for our garage, uhaul was out of open top trailers so we decided to give it a shot. It almost fit without folding down half the second row.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:40 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
when you know your height..thus know what parking garages you can fit or cant fit in lol

Old 07-12-2012, 07:23 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
You know you drive and Excursion when it's pissing down rain, the road is flooded, and you don't worry about getting anywhere you need to...

You know you drive and Excursion when the road is flooded, everybody is stopped, and you kindly excuse yourself as you drive through the water without a problem...

Old 07-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Sigskydiver
Senior User
Sigskydiver is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Sigskydiver is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
You know you drive and Excursion when the road is flooded, everybody is stopped, and you kindly excuse yourself as you drive through the water without a problem...[/quote]

HAHA, had that exact thing happen 2 days ago. County had blocked off the road because of the storm, people moved the blocks, went in the water, realized they couldnt make it and I just drove by

Old 07-12-2012, 12:10 PM
brooksa44
Junior User
brooksa44 is starting off with a positive reputation.
You know when you have a flyer under the wiper "encouraging you to trade in your truck for more efficient car" by some "green group"!

Old 07-12-2012, 01:55 PM
AndrewWV
Senior User
AndrewWV has a very good reputation on FTE.AndrewWV has a very good reputation on FTE.AndrewWV has a very good reputation on FTE.AndrewWV has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by brooksa44 View Post
You know when you have a flyer under the wiper "encouraging you to trade in your truck for more efficient car" by some "green group"!
Which group was that?

When I can get a reliable vehicle that can seat at least 8 passengers (and belongings) without being packed in like sardines, is as safe in an accident, can tow 10-15k# and gets 50+ mpg, I might consider it.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:01 PM
brooksa44
Junior User
brooksa44 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by AndrewWV View Post
Which group was that?

When I can get a reliable vehicle that can seat at least 8 passengers (and belongings) without being packed in like sardines, is as safe in an accident, can tow 10-15k# and gets 50+ mpg, I might consider it.

Lol, some local hippy group that looks like they haven't showered in 3 weeks, the kicker was they were passing these flyers out in an old Cutlass that could have crop dusted 5 acres! lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.