Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Old 11-01-2011, 04:57 PM
ke6zmy
Senior User
ke6zmy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
When a delivery truck needs some extra space in the street to make his turn. Out of kindness you check your mirrors to confirm you have a clear path behind you and you put the tranny into reverse and back up to give him the room he needs. Suddenly you hear a car horn and feel a solid bump. When you get out of the driver's seat, walk behind the Ex to check, you see you have crushed a small, unseen, car. The small car needs a couple grand of repairs. You take a tool and straighten out the piece of steel on your hitch that the safety chain connects to. You then live your life without concern for the car you crumpled and it's driver.

Old 11-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
Sunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputationSunline Fan has a superb reputation
When you struggle to reach the ticket on a turnpike toll booth.

Oh, true story. I offered to help pull a loaded 90k lb garbage truck out of a ramp he got stuck in trying to get to a dumpster last winter. He already had it rocking and got it out before I was actually needed though.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:49 PM
UrbanXX
Posting Guru
UrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputation
You know you drive an Excursion whenyour wife has to take her high heels off to get in, and remove them once again to get out.

Old 11-01-2011, 07:49 PM
UrbanXX
Posting Guru
UrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputationUrbanXX has a superb reputation
You know you drive an Excursion when your wife has to take her high heels off to get in, and remove them once again to get out.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:54 PM
xr7390GT
Junior User
xr7390GT is starting off with a positive reputation.
Your Ford dealer service manager, who you've know for many years says "A lot of people want to buy you're truck".

Old 11-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Skinsfan6
Elder User
Skinsfan6 has a very good reputation on FTE.Skinsfan6 has a very good reputation on FTE.Skinsfan6 has a very good reputation on FTE.Skinsfan6 has a very good reputation on FTE.
When you either purposefully or subconsciously cough or make noise when pulling into a parking lot so your passengers don't hear your creaking body mounts.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:33 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
when you go around the line of cars stuck at a icy uphill intersection because they cant get going. gotta love 4x4 and snow tires!

Old 11-01-2011, 10:32 PM
gr8scott72
Posting Guru
gr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by xr7390GT View Post
You're Ford dealer service manager, who you've know for many years says "Alot of people want to buy you're truck".
Ok, sorry. Twice in the same post gets you pulled over by the grammar police.

It's the other "your" and "a lot" is two words.

10 Words You Need to Stop Misspelling - The Oatmeal.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:31 AM
Snowseeker
Post Fiend
Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
Alot should be made a word much like ain't. It is used alot.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:06 AM
jasonodsky
Posting Guru
jasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to beholdjasonodsky is a splendid one to behold
When the manager at your local Advance Auto Parts always says "Man I want one of those" when you pull up.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:10 PM
KNIGHTRIDER V10
Senior User
KNIGHTRIDER V10 is starting off with a positive reputation.
When your the only 1 staring at the price of gas going up and up and never lol ends

Old 11-03-2011, 06:11 AM
cbradford
Post Fiend
cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.cbradford has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by jasonodsky View Post
When the manager at your local Advance Auto Parts always says "Man I want one of those" when you pull up.
I've heard that one a lot from Service Writers, Tire Store Mgr, State Inspection Tech and the local Township workers.

Old 11-03-2011, 07:21 AM
fordboy67
Postmaster
fordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant futurefordboy67 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jasonodsky View Post

I have also had quite a few people tell me they want an Excursion. If even only half of these people had actually purchased one when they were being made, maybe they still would be made?!

Old 11-03-2011, 08:53 AM
BassFantasizer
Postmaster
BassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputationBassFantasizer has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by fordboy67 View Post
I have also had quite a few people tell me they want an Excursion. If even only half of these people had actually purchased one when they were being made, maybe they still would be made?!
Perhaps. I think that the big issue is/was price. Very few people need an Excursion so it comes down to want. And the market for a $50K SUV waned rather quickly. Allowing for inflation, I suspect that the market for a $75K SUV would be even smaller today.

It would seem that an Ex could be made profitably for $40K - $55K. Simply engineer a cab to drop onto the existing SD chassis and drive train. Wonder where the price break is? Hmmm...

Old 11-03-2011, 10:11 AM
gr8scott72
Posting Guru
gr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant futuregr8scott72 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BassFantasizer View Post
Perhaps. I think that the big issue is/was price. Very few people need an Excursion so it comes down to want. And the market for a $50K SUV waned rather quickly. Allowing for inflation, I suspect that the market for a $75K SUV would be even smaller today.

It would seem that an Ex could be made profitably for $40K - $55K. Simply engineer a cab to drop onto the existing SD chassis and drive train. Wonder where the price break is? Hmmm...
I think that the big problem is that in order to do that you have to do it at the cost of producing fewer Super Duty trucks which Ford has NO problem selling.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.