Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Old 10-15-2011, 10:09 AM
Fordman96
Posting Guru
Fordman96 has a good reputation on FTE.Fordman96 has a good reputation on FTE.Fordman96 has a good reputation on FTE.
You know you drive a v-10 X when... You can haul a 30' travel trailer at 70 mph with the cruise on and it never down shifts. i love my X!

Old 10-15-2011, 11:26 AM
EXv10
Post Fiend
EXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Snowseeker View Post
The few other X's I see on the road the drivers don't even seem to notice me in mine.
That's because they figure it is an Explorer at first glance because they got tired of looking for X's.

Old 10-15-2011, 03:48 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue
AlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputationAlaskanEx has a superb reputation
when the only thing you think is kinda hard to park is a semi with a trailer lol

Old 10-15-2011, 05:50 PM
Snowseeker
Post Fiend
Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
When detailing takes you 3 days.

Old 10-15-2011, 05:55 PM
Snowseeker
Post Fiend
Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by EXv10 View Post
That's because they figure it is an Explorer at first glance because they got tired of looking for X's.

Coincidence today. I pulled in the yard with my X after going to get hardees and I hear the sound of a 7.3 with exhaust roar by. To my surprise it was a X!

Old 10-15-2011, 06:00 PM
Daz00Excursion
My Backpack Gots Jets
Daz00Excursion has a good reputation on FTE.Daz00Excursion has a good reputation on FTE.
When your MPG's are in the single digit range.

When a dinner for a family of 4 at the local Lobster Restaurant will cost less than a full tank of gas.

When your Google search history starts with this "How to increase gas mileage on my Excursion"

When your friends calls your Excursion the "Culero" mobile.
Urban Dictionary: culero

Old 10-15-2011, 06:50 PM
Dubbs19s
Senior User
Dubbs19s has a good reputation on FTE.Dubbs19s has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Daz00Excursion View Post

When a dinner for a family of 4 at the local Lobster Restaurant will cost less than a full tank of gas.

When your Google search history starts with this "How to increase gas mileage on my Excursion"

you know you drive an excursion when you don't care what kind of mileage it gets

Old 10-16-2011, 01:16 AM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Daz00Excursion View Post
I saw that and immediately knew you had a V10.

I can honestly say, "Never been there, never done that."

Stewart

Old 10-16-2011, 02:25 AM
Daz00Excursion
My Backpack Gots Jets
Daz00Excursion has a good reputation on FTE.Daz00Excursion has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post

Stewart
yea tell me about it. lol oh well. i dont drive an EX for its MPG's.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:30 AM
Snowseeker
Post Fiend

Stewart

I don't think any diesel guys complain about mileage. I love the mileage my 7.3 gets! And now after the o-ringing and fuel return system it runs so smooth and quiet! My Dad and brother were over after I finished up and they couldn't believe how smooth and quiet it was as well. To me it sounds like a 6.4 psd now.

OT, you know you drive an X when you get all giddy and smile when you have to go somewhere and get to drive it.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:59 AM
housedad
Postmaster
housedad has a superb reputationhousedad has a superb reputationhousedad has a superb reputationhousedad has a superb reputationhousedad has a superb reputationhousedad has a superb reputationhousedad has a superb reputationhousedad has a superb reputationhousedad has a superb reputationhousedad has a superb reputationhousedad has a superb reputation
when you hang out in this forum at all hours of the day and night looking for the coolest mods.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:56 AM
njneer1
Posting Guru
njneer1 is a name known to allnjneer1 is a name known to allnjneer1 is a name known to allnjneer1 is a name known to allnjneer1 is a name known to allnjneer1 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Snowseeker View Post
I don't think any diesel guys complain about mileage. I love the mileage my 7.3 gets! And now after the o-ringing and fuel return system it runs so smooth and quiet! My Dad and brother were over after I finished up and they couldn't believe how smooth and quiet it was as well. To me it sounds like a 6.4 psd now.

OT, you know you drive an X when you get all giddy and smile when you have to go somewhere and get to drive it.
Did you do the regulated return or just the crossover ?

Old 10-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by housedad View Post
when you hang out in this forum at all hours of the day and night looking for the coolest mods.
....say's the guy with one some of the coolest toys for his Ex!

Stewart

Old 10-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Snowseeker
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by njneer1 View Post
Did you do the regulated return or just the crossover ?

Regulated return. Love it!

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...nd-update.html

Old 10-16-2011, 06:40 PM
SkySkiJason
Postmaster
SkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant future
....say's the guy with one some of the coolest toys for his Ex!

Stewart
That's what I was thinking... I hope my X is that cool someday!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.