Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Old 01-14-2016, 09:05 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Misky6.0 View Post
Yeah, but then one WOT to clean out the carbon negates two hours of "behaving"..
Funny, I've never had a carbon buildup in any of my vehicles.

I just have to be watchful for

Stewart

Old 01-15-2016, 01:55 PM
Excurvelle
Posting Guru
Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.Excurvelle has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by hwybee22 View Post
I did something similar when I bought mine in Detroit, MI. I knew I had a fuel gauge problem coming back around the half way point when I only had a half of tank, but I kept driving it all the way back to Greensboro, NC and then drove it the next day just to see if my low fuel light would come on. You have to love and hate that 44 gallon tank.
Hey neighbor!! I am about 6 miles from Liberty!

Old 01-15-2016, 10:09 PM
Apocalypse
Post Fiend
Apocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Skip1970 View Post
this is what you need if you got a thin wallet and a death wish 118mpg

Modified Honda CRX HF Scores 118 MPG in Fuel Economy Run
That's a cute Metropolitan behind your CRX.

Old 01-16-2016, 02:01 AM
Skip1970
Post Fiend
Skip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputationSkip1970 has a superb reputation
its from online picture is not mine

Old 10-04-2016, 11:38 PM
Az_Ray
Senior User
Az_Ray is a splendid one to beholdAz_Ray is a splendid one to beholdAz_Ray is a splendid one to beholdAz_Ray is a splendid one to beholdAz_Ray is a splendid one to beholdAz_Ray is a splendid one to beholdAz_Ray is a splendid one to beholdAz_Ray is a splendid one to behold
.....you put 37's on the roof and they look like "regular" size tires.

Old 10-05-2016, 08:19 AM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
ExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Az_Ray View Post
.....you put 37's on the roof and they look like "regular" size tires.

That's great! Sweet looking Ex, it is the BEST COLOR

Old 10-05-2016, 08:22 AM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
ExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant future
You know you drive an Excursion when...

you tell someone that you couldn't take it to DC because you couldn't fit in the garages and they say it isn't THAT high...

until you tell them to go out and stand next to it and the side mirrors are as tall as they are

When proportioned correctly with wheels, mirrors, etc, they don't look "monstrosity-like" or huge...until you stand next to them

Old 10-05-2016, 08:52 AM
CharlyG
Just Passin Thru
CharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to behold
You know you drive an Excursion when... seemingly everyone on this forum tries to get you to do all the suspension mods/lifts/big tires/hitches etc., when all you need is a good reliable 2wd 3/4 ton tow vehicle without the big empty box in back.

Old 10-05-2016, 10:23 AM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by CharlyG View Post
You know you drive an Excursion when... seemingly everyone on this forum tries to get you to do all the suspension mods/lifts/big tires/hitches etc., when all you need is a good reliable 2wd 3/4 ton tow vehicle without the big empty box in back.
LOL. Excursions are not "ordinary" vehicles, so I get it when many do things to improve and make them different. A lot to be said for reliable, x2

Old 10-05-2016, 12:17 PM
SmackDaddy
Posting Guru
SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.SmackDaddy has a great reputation on FTE.
When you spend several grand and a full week of daylight to after dark days working on mods and you only had it two weeks!

Old 10-05-2016, 05:53 PM
wpnaes
FTE Chapter Leader
wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
When you keep an eye out for overpriced used excursions.
Ford Excursion XLT 4x4 | eBay

Attached Images  
Old 10-05-2016, 08:40 PM
Misky6.0
Post Fiend
Misky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputation
You could buff that out!

Old 10-05-2016, 09:15 PM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Misky6.0 View Post
You could buff that out!
Yeah, LOL. Troubling thing is seller lists himself as a "Dealer" yet is selling a vehicle with rear pillar damage...

Old 10-05-2016, 09:24 PM
163junk
Senior User
163junk has a very good reputation on FTE.163junk has a very good reputation on FTE.163junk has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by wpnaes View Post
When you keep an eye out for overpriced used excursions.
Ford Excursion XLT 4x4 | eBay
And its low mileage 1 owner, only has 307k on it

Old 10-05-2016, 09:44 PM
CharlyG
Just Passin Thru
CharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to beholdCharlyG is a splendid one to behold
But they were all down hill miles...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.