Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 09-16-2017, 09:41 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
My boat came with an antiquated cSeries Raymarine multifunction display - complete with a PCMCIA slot for expansion. I already tried updating the firmware to utilize a PCMCIA to SD adapter, but this thing is not cooperating. Good thing anyway, I really want to take the display to the next level - forward-looking sonar. There goes the budget for 2018.

So if I'm understanding the "city folk" view of my lean toward being in nature - I'm one of those survivalists with conspiracy theories. OK... I'll buy the survivalist thing - the first people to fail in the zombie apocalypse will be the ones surrounded by throngs of people. Think about it... all those people in close proximity to each other, surrounded by miles and miles of cement without trucks of food coming in from the country. Any real disaster will make the masses around you a threat to your existence.

I'm surrounded by food and water, not people and cement.

Zombie apocalypse aside... when I lived in the city, I endured throngs of cars vying for position on the pavement while the occupants amp up on Starbucks... all arriving at work pre-harried for their coworkers. I currently have a scenic drive through nature every day on my way to/from work - as do all of my coworkers. Lets just say the work environment is markedly different - except for cherry season.

I think I'm up to episode 6 or so on Goliath. I never heard of this series before we stumbled upon it, and it's right up there with Fargo, Breaking Bad, and Better Call Saul.

Old 09-16-2017, 09:56 AM
z31freakify
Post Fiend
z31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to beholdz31freakify is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Ike got some new shoes today

Attachment 244622

Attachment 244623
Looks good Byron

Old 09-16-2017, 12:03 PM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Tugly View Post
My boat came with an antiquated cSeries Raymarine multifunction display - complete with a PCMCIA slot for expansion. I already tried updating the firmware to utilize a PCMCIA to SD adapter, but this thing is not cooperating. Good thing anyway, I really want to take the display to the next level - forward-looking sonar. There goes the budget for 2018.

So if I'm understanding the "city folk" view of my lean toward being in nature - I'm one of those survivalists with conspiracy theories. OK... I'll buy the survivalist thing - the first people to fail in the zombie apocalypse will be the ones surrounded by throngs of people. Think about it... all those people in close proximity to each other, surrounded by miles and miles of cement without trucks of food coming in from the country. Any real disaster will make the masses around you a threat to your existence.

Zombie apocalypse aside... when I lived in the city, I endured throngs of cars vying for position on the pavement while the occupants amp up on Starbucks... all arriving at work pre-harried for their coworkers. I currently have a scenic drive through nature every day on my way to/from work - as do all of my coworkers. Lets just say the work environment is markedly different - except for cherry season.

I think I'm up to episode 6 or so on Goliath. I never heard of this series before we stumbled upon it, and it's right up there with Fargo, Breaking Bad, and Better Call Saul.
Rich, well said and I agree on the drive to work thing. Of course, I currently live on the ranch where I work, so I get no drive which I kinda miss truth be told. And yes, Goliath was an immediate hit for me. Those styles of writing really get me hooked.

Originally Posted by z31freakify View Post
Looks good Byron
Thanks Adam! I wasn't sure if the bigger tire looked too ballooned out, but it's growing on me.

Old 09-16-2017, 12:36 PM
aawlberninf350
It's a Van Gogh
aawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud ofaawlberninf350 has much to be proud of
Yeah the commute is what's driving me nuts, and mine is a sweet and petite 14 minutes door to desk. The aggravation comes from the crazies in full race GTA mode on the freeway. Last week I was plodding along at 65 in the slow lane about to exit, when a car blows by me doing 90... on the shoulder. Plus weenies using on ramp merging areas to cut ahead 3 or 4 cars, etc. Thankfully our house is in a quiet burb and we can decompress there.

I'm reminded of an experiment on rats done in the 60's. They made a rat colony and provided ample food, water and nesting material for each rat. Then they scaled up the population, including supplies, but not space. Even tho the rats still had ample food etc, as population density grew the behaviours became more aggressive, and at a repeatable population density they turned to cannibalism. Maybe that 150 number is the beginning of the danger zone for humans.

Thanks Adam! I wasn't sure if the bigger tire looked too ballooned out, but it's growing on me.
Are those 285's? I'm looking at new tires before winter, currently at OE 265. Nice green and gold color combo ya got there too!

Old 09-16-2017, 12:45 PM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by aawlberninf350 View Post
Are those 285's? I'm looking at new tires before winter, currently at OE 265. Nice green and gold color combo ya got there too!
Yes, the next size up. I like them I think. I had 265s before. They were the used tire on the rims, so I figure I'll run them until Jan and then see if I like them enough to keep them. Thanks! I like the color quite a bit.

Old 09-16-2017, 01:31 PM
Hussler
Postmaster
Hussler is a splendid one to beholdHussler is a splendid one to beholdHussler is a splendid one to beholdHussler is a splendid one to beholdHussler is a splendid one to beholdHussler is a splendid one to beholdHussler is a splendid one to behold
Have a hospital across from the street, kinda tucked back in a field. A few days ago police were everywhere blocking the entrances. Not too uncommon as seems like there is always someone who got kicked out and is pissed off. Didn't know it at the time but SWAT was called in. About an hour later they let off three flash - bang grenades. Let me tell you if not expecting those it scares the crap out of you, and this was a couple hundred yards away. Thinking someone was shooting just outside my door I grabbed my 9mm just to be safe. Turns out they got the guy in custody with no one hurt, except my nerves. Damn, those things are loud!!!

Old 09-16-2017, 02:24 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Hussler View Post
Let me tell you if not expecting those it scares the crap out of you,
Even when you're "ready" for it, in an enclosed room it's even more disruptive.

Stewart

Old 09-16-2017, 03:55 PM
Glowplugger
Elder User
Glowplugger has a very good reputation on FTE.Glowplugger has a very good reputation on FTE.Glowplugger has a very good reputation on FTE.
I don't know if you are familiar with Joe Rogan at all, but he has a podcast that is pretty good that I listen to. About two months ago, he had a doctor of anthropology on there (forget his name), but the guy wrote a book on social nuances and ways of humans. His main focus was to say that our brains are not geared or built to remember more than 150 names or faces at one time....meaning, we are not meant to live in big cities like we do and that's why inner city populations have some many mental and behavioral issues. We are more tribal built and meant to stick with our tribes of 150 or less. Apparently, when the tribes of people way back when got too big, they split off and started new tribes. I don't remember all of the science behind it, but thought it was pretty close to the truth.

Anyways, happy Saturday fellow Ford owners.
Never heard of Joe, but his theory sounds about right. For me, it's more like 15, haha. I think my decimal point is off a bit.

Here's what I'm upgrading from.

200 khz single speed (non-chirp) and super hyper, it showed fish all around ALL THE TIME but the bow finder would show nothing. I looked it up and looks like it was made in 2005. Not as old as i thought it was, but still nothing like I got now. it's like a dadgum picture of the bottom. And the ram mount Humminbird recommends on the new one is about as big as my leg (not kidding!)

Old 09-17-2017, 07:14 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Was your display stuck in German?

So... I bought a new camera for our boating adventures - one with a powerful zoom. I bought some extra memory for the camera while I was at Costco - those little micro SD cards the size of your pinky finger nail. Costco has this demonic way of packaging things in a large format that is virtually indestructible. I'm going at this thing that's the size of a wall poster with utility scissors, and I have to use both hands to penetrate the armor on my memory card. I'm no small guy with piano fingers, so I'm fearful something's gunna snap or bend. After a term of sailor speak and considering grabbing the torch, it occurred to me that our fighting men should wear this crap as body armor - starting with the helmet.

Old 09-17-2017, 08:50 AM
SaintITC
Posting Guru
SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.
I was waiting for you to finish with the packaging popping open and the SD card flipping over the side the boat...

Speaking of fighting men, it's a day early but Happy 70th Birthday to our Air Force vets here!

Old 09-17-2017, 03:47 PM
Glowplugger
Elder User
Glowplugger has a very good reputation on FTE.Glowplugger has a very good reputation on FTE.Glowplugger has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by SaintITC View Post
I was waiting for you to finish with the packaging popping open and the SD card flipping over the side the boat...

Speaking of fighting men, it's a day early but Happy 70th Birthday to our Air Force vets here!

that happens all the time. Between me and the kids we donate a couple of hundred bucks worth of goodies to the lake every year. Those micro sd cards are just asking for a drink at 70 mph.

Tugly, aren't all Lowrances in German?

Old 09-18-2017, 07:20 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
OK... now that I chewed through "Goliath" - I have moved onto "Bosch".

Wow.... Finally.... Good writing and acting that avoids a lot of the cop show clichés. For one thing, they don't solve a crime in a week (episode) like they do in Major Crimes/The Closer - though I do enjoy that show. They don't get same-day service lab reports like on anything with CSI in the title, the main character is not a hot-head that gets away with everything, and the story line keeps my interest. Since I first spotted Titus Welliver in "Gone Baby Gone", I've always enjoyed his dead-eyed performances - and this is the first time I saw him as the primary character.

Side note on something that's actually relevant to FTE - my transmission started doing very weird things (not shifting up, and/or not locking the torque converter at random intervals), without throwing any codes. If the transmission wasn't doing what it was told, the PCM would throw all kinds of codes. With the lack of codes, I tossed another PCM in there - and the problem hasn't returned yet. The only reason I haven't made a new thread on this is because of the intermittent nature of the problem - and I need to make sure that particular bug is good and squished.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:40 AM
SaintITC
Posting Guru
SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.
I do a lot of traveling for work, so I binge watch on the plane. I'll have to look up Goliath. I've gone through GoT, Homeland, and now I'm in Season 4 of "Ray Donovan". We have free HBO/Showtime at home due to being recent FiOS subcribers, my "free" time ends next month...

Unfortunately Amazon Prime Video on my old tablet has a really low volume output, while the HBO / Showtime apps can deafen me.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:35 AM
F250_
Post Fiend
F250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputation
Yes, the next size up. I like them I think. I had 265s before. They were the used tire on the rims, so I figure I'll run them until Jan and then see if I like them enough to keep them. Thanks! I like the color quite a bit.
I've been running 285's on my truck for almost 10 years now and love them. I also ran them on my Excursions for the 9 years I owned them (2 years with the V10 and 7 years with the 7.3). In all cases, they 285's were mounted on stock rims. I'll also say that the only tires I ran were the Michilen AT2's, and now the newer LTX MS2's are on my truck (Excursion is gone now). The ride is wonderful and they last a good while.

Originally Posted by Sous View Post
Added Goliath to my list of shows to watch...

Happy Friday everyone, 33 degree cold beer and hurricane Irma downed trees are waiting for me at home. Of course the beer is the victory beverage of choice once the trees have been cut up.

I'll have to check into this Goliath show... never heard of it.

Hey... I learned a new phrase this weekend while unwinding in front of a Canadian Home Improvement series (Reno my Reno)... At the end of a day's work, one of the guys would make the comment, "Yep... looks like the Beer Clouds are rolling in!"

Old 09-18-2017, 09:16 AM
Sous
Moderator and SXE Junkie!
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by F250_ View Post
At the end of a day's work, one of the guys would make the comment, "Yep... looks like the Beer Clouds are rolling in!"
Ha, I like that one...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.