Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 09-07-2017, 07:28 AM
Glowplugger
Elder User
Glowplugger has a very good reputation on FTE.Glowplugger has a very good reputation on FTE.Glowplugger has a very good reputation on FTE.
Same here - oh wait, we're neighbors!

Staring out the window eating breakfast now, looking at the empty spot my 7.3 used to occupy. If you guys get tired of yours maybe gimme a chance to give them a good home. I'm missing it big time but everyone wants an arm and a leg for them.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:32 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
I remember Andrew... it wasn't the normal hurricane winds that made things go all sideways. There was a dynamic in the storm that we don't usually see: Once it made landfall, little "tornadits" scattered about - making the landscape look like a giant tine rake came through. Normal destruction here, total nothing left there, normal destruction here, total nothing left there.

When I hear "strongest Atlantic hurricane on record", and see a projected path like that... I'm thinking this is Mother Nature unleashing weapons of mass destruction on us. For those in the path... save what you can and flee.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:46 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Glowplugger View Post
I agree to a point here, but man if i was a Floridian I would have left last Sunday. If you wait till the call to evacuate you're just begging for trouble. That call is for the most retarded of people to finally get on the road and leave. It usually comes just as the water starts pouring.
I lived in FL for a brief stint that happened to be during Francis and Jeane. I evacuated 3 days before they were talking about it. That's they way to do it, IMO. I just treated it like a quick getaway. I avoided the fuel and traffic problems by being proactive. Waiting until the order comes is just asking for trouble. Some people were not able to get out in time due to fuel shortages and traffic flow.

Old 09-07-2017, 07:49 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Tugly View Post
I remember Andrew... it wasn't the normal hurricane winds that made things go all sideways. There was a dynamic in the storm that we don't usually see: Once it made landfall, little "tornadits" scattered about - making the landscape look like a giant tine rake came through. Normal destruction here, total nothing left there, normal destruction here, total nothing left there.

When I hear "strongest Atlantic hurricane on record", and see a projected path like that... I'm thinking this is Mother Nature unleashing weapons of mass destruction on us. For those in the path... save what you can and flee.
You are absolutely correct Rich. Andrew was devastating and this one is twice that size. I have a bad feeling about this one.

Old 09-07-2017, 12:29 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.
Well we got some HARD rain here yesterday evening, like I have never seen in the ~25 years that I have lived here. I don't know how wide spread it was, most likely just in the local "cells". Didn't have the rain gauge out, but just guessing there was over an inch in two cloud bursts. Almost couldn't see the highway ~150 yards away.

Old 09-08-2017, 06:51 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Here in Washington state (pretty much the whole freaking state), it's smoke and fire. This summer... I have had more smoke covered skies and cool temps with the sun blocked than I have seen clear air. I've even seen days where we can't see across the river because of smoke from regional forest fires. When the smoke is so dense you can't see the sun and you have a brownish overcast with ash falling on everything, it takes a lot of the fun out of living in a scenic area.

Old 09-08-2017, 09:07 AM
Glowplugger
Elder User
Glowplugger has a very good reputation on FTE.Glowplugger has a very good reputation on FTE.Glowplugger has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Tugly View Post
Here in Washington state (pretty much the whole freaking state), it's smoke and fire. This summer... I have had more smoke covered skies and cool temps with the sun blocked than I have seen clear air. I've even seen days where we can't see across the river because of smoke from regional forest fires. When the smoke is so dense you can't see the sun and you have a brownish overcast with ash falling on everything, it takes a lot of the fun out of living in a scenic area.

I imagine so! A friend of mine is in Col Springs and they say they can see the haze on the mountains from all the smoke and it smells like a campfire.

The jetstream's keeping anything from getting this far east, thank goodness. I'm going to spend the day lowering the water level on our local lake by pulling out alot these bothersome crappie.

Have a good weekend guys!

Old 09-09-2017, 05:56 AM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
Hit the snooze twice today, rather stay in bed like a normal person. Oh well, everyone is still pooping, and someone has to make the toilet paper. Off to make some cheek sheets.

Old 09-09-2017, 07:58 AM
SaintITC
Posting Guru
SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.
Well I'm sure I speak for many when I say "Thank You" for your efforts!

Old 09-11-2017, 08:32 AM
F250_
Post Fiend
F250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Wesley Green View Post
... someone has to make the toilet paper. Off to make some cheek sheets.

So you work at the GP mill? What's your job?

I've been in Pulp & Paper for over 30 years, 20 years working directly in the plants and the last 11 in a consulting role as a Staff Engineer. I know a couple of really good guys in the Atlanta GP corporate complex (Barry Covington and Keith Medlock).

Old 09-11-2017, 08:44 AM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Glowplugger View Post
I imagine so! A friend of mine is in Col Springs and they say they can see the haze on the mountains from all the smoke and it smells like a campfire.

The jetstream's keeping anything from getting this far east, thank goodness. I'm going to spend the day lowering the water level on our local lake by pulling out alot these bothersome crappie.

Have a good weekend guys!

I'm also in Colorado Springs, the haze was so bad you can't see anything beyond a mile or two. I was evacuated for the Waldo Fire, nothing like smelling wildfire after experiencing that first hand. It's finally starting to clear up a bit.

Old 09-11-2017, 09:09 AM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by F250_ View Post
So you work at the GP mill? What's your job?
Yes I do, currently on Paper Machine #15

Old 09-11-2017, 02:53 PM
ZachinCO
Senior User
ZachinCO is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Colorado350 View Post
I'm also in Colorado Springs, the haze was so bad you can't see anything beyond a mile or two. I was evacuated for the Waldo Fire, nothing like smelling wildfire after experiencing that first hand. It's finally starting to clear up a bit.
I'm just up the road from you in Elizabeth. Haze has been hit or miss. I just moved to this place, here's my first sunset.

I had to help friends evac during the Black Forrest fire. Nothing like trying to gather horses in a hurrry that don't want to be gathered.

Old 09-12-2017, 07:11 AM
Sous
Moderator and SXE Junkie!
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Irma has left north GA. Trees down all over the place, power out to a lot of homes.

Nothing like breaking out the new Stihl chainsaw that I bought 2 weeks ago at 6 AM...

I hope everyone stayed safe and the only thing lost is replaceable items and a bit of time.

Old 09-12-2017, 07:56 AM
F250_
Post Fiend
F250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputation
We didn't get near the rainfall or winds predicted here in Birmingham. It was just a steady and slow rainy drizzle all day yesterday and a little harder rain into the night. The wind was a little gusty, but no hard winds at all. I didn't even seen much in the way of tree limb debris on the roads coming in to work this morning.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.