Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 08-25-2017, 11:34 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Got a call from my little brother in need of help moving earlier. No biggie, his Chevy, my diesel along with an open 16ft trailer and so it handled all the big stuff. Not much to post or even right about, but... This made the night. Guess Sunday, him and his buddys heading to AZ for some coyote hunting. Well, looks like my niece I geared up as well....awesome All you politically incorrect folks, relax!, its a pellet gun

Old 08-26-2017, 11:37 AM
schlepprock250
Guns Dont Kill People..
schlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to beholdschlepprock250 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by timmyboy76 View Post
Got a call from my little brother in need of help moving earlier. No biggie, his Chevy, my diesel along with an open 16ft trailer and so it handled all the big stuff. Not much to post or even right about, but... This made the night. Guess Sunday, him and his buddys heading to AZ for some coyote hunting. Well, looks like my niece I geared up as well....awesome All you politically incorrect folks, relax!, its a pellet gun
I would'e been relaxed if she had a 30.06 😁. All three of my kids were young hunters /shooters. And two of them are girls.

Old 08-26-2017, 12:11 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
timmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud oftimmyboy76 has much to be proud of
Haha... Awesome! Yup, she's upgrading. Started with the pink Daisy, shooting cans off rocks, out in the desert when we go riding. Now, here's her new targets. Her father busted these out on the computer cnc machine..purdy damn cool Say something about this photo

Old 08-27-2017, 10:23 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
I like it!! Start 'em young I say! Happy Sunday morning everyone. It's horse show for me all day. Hope you guys have a good one.

Old 08-28-2017, 08:35 AM
F250_
Post Fiend
F250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputation
Good morning all.

I snagged a really great deal on a Fuji HVLP spray system this weekend. I have over 40 kitchen cabinet doors and more than 20 drawer fronts I'm getting ready to paint, and brushing that much (5 coats each side of each piece) was simply NOT going to happen. Anyway, I did my research and had settled on a decent hobbyist Earlex 2-stage system which was going to run me about $275.

But, in my last ditch search for a good used setup, I found a lightly used Fuji Mini-Mite 3 (3-stage system) on CL for less than half it's new cost. After looking it over and talking with the guy, I walked away with it for only $275, and this system new sells for over $650. It's been sitting in the guy's garage for about 4-5 years unused, though, and was not cleaned as well as I would have preferred, so I need to invest another $125 to get the specific needle and air cap I need as well as the cup components to rebuild all the seals and wear parts because it's been sitting. Still to get a high quality 3-stage setup for only about $125 more than I had wanted to pay for the 2-stage setup is definitely worth it because of the extra versatility the 3rd stage offers. I'm stoked about finally getting a decent HVLP setup. I can even use this thing for minor painting needs on small automotive stuff all the way up to heavy latex.

Just had to share the find.

Have a great day, guys!!

Old 08-28-2017, 11:03 AM
Sous
Moderator and SXE Junkie!
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by F250_ View Post
Good morning all.

I snagged a really great deal on a Fuji HVLP spray system this weekend. I have over 40 kitchen cabinet doors and more than 20 drawer fronts I'm getting ready to paint, and brushing that much (5 coats each side of each piece) was simply NOT going to happen. Anyway, I did my research and had settled on a decent hobbyist Earlex 2-stage system which was going to run me about $275.

But, in my last ditch search for a good used setup, I found a lightly used Fuji Mini-Mite 3 (3-stage system) on CL for less than half it's new cost. After looking it over and talking with the guy, I walked away with it for only $275, and this system new sells for over $650. It's been sitting in the guy's garage for about 4-5 years unused, though, and was not cleaned as well as I would have preferred, so I need to invest another $125 to get the specific needle and air cap I need as well as the cup components to rebuild all the seals and wear parts because it's been sitting. Still to get a high quality 3-stage setup for only about $125 more than I had wanted to pay for the 2-stage setup is definitely worth it because of the extra versatility the 3rd stage offers. I'm stoked about finally getting a decent HVLP setup. I can even use this thing for minor painting needs on small automotive stuff all the way up to heavy latex.

Just had to share the find.

Have a great day, guys!!

Having a nice sprayer can make a big job like that much easier. We made 14 shutters in the spring to hang up on the outside of the house. We then bought a cheap Harbor Freight sprayer with the intentions of only using it once and then throwing it away. It was $10 or something ridiculous and was well worth the time saved. Also, the sprayer made putting a nice heavy coat of paint on the shutters easy and we were done in about 30 minutes, instead of 30 hours with a set of brushes.

Old 08-29-2017, 02:47 PM
SaintITC
Posting Guru
SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.
You guys want technology in a car? Here's a car modified so that a quadriplegic can drive it using only head motions and breathing in a tube. The driver is Sam Schmidt, who became paralyzed in a racing accident. Look ma, no hands! This is at the PVA Summit in DC.

Old 08-30-2017, 06:41 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
That is wild. There is almost nothing technology can't somewhat fix these days.

Morning everyone...one day closer to the weekend and the opening of college football!!!

Old 08-30-2017, 03:24 PM
BdgrDuckHntr
Junior User
BdgrDuckHntr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well, left the truck at the shop last night to be inspected. When I bought it last year there were 3 things that needed attention: Cooling system (level was low, new hoses, flush, etc.), High Pressure Oil System (tended to this spring and hopefully fixed!), and cupping on the rear tires (which I am guessing were switched from the front end).

So I had a local shop check out the front end. Called me back this AM and the beast will need new ball joints, possibly U Joints and a steering gear box.

Soooooo..... along with slinging back a few cold ones Friday evening watching the first Badger football game, I'll be reading up on those repairs this weekend! Probably will take the Sept. 9-10 weekend (assuming I can get parts in a week) to take this project on.

I havent seen the write up yet, but the shop quoted me $1400 for the Ball & U joints and $700 for the gear box. That's enough for me to do it myself

Old 08-31-2017, 12:40 PM
SpringerPop
Too old to be too smart
SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
Be sure to look into Red Head steering boxes before you buy anything else.

Google is your friend.

Pop

Old 08-31-2017, 12:57 PM
BdgrDuckHntr
Junior User
Yeah, I have read a few threads about them and I have no qualms about spending the money. We will see. The only thing I am thinking about now is that I never noticed any play in my steering wheel. She drives straight as an arrow on the highway... I will pay a bit more attention to it when I pick it up tonight.

Old 08-31-2017, 02:15 PM
timmyboy76
Post Fiend
Not to be a di%&, but my $$$ is on the fact that you'll have play now...

Hitn AZ home tonight for the weekend. Much needed love to the backyard and a bit of playing on the river.. Enjoy your Labor Day Weekend, folks! Say something about this photo

Old 08-31-2017, 02:33 PM
BdgrDuckHntr
Junior User
Originally Posted by timmyboy76 View Post
Not to be a di%&, but my $$$ is on the fact that you'll have play now...
Ha, I bet I will.... and be feeling like

Old 09-01-2017, 02:28 PM
BdgrDuckHntr
Junior User
My folks spent the night from outta town, got to have breakfast with them and COFFEE at the breakfast table this morning. I usually always eat breakfast and drink my coffee either on the road or at work. Anyhow, they helped me pick up the truck last night.

Still... I don't really see any play in the steering wheel, it doesn't wander going 65mph, harder to tell when going slower but it seems to track pretty straight. I can move the wheel left and right an inch or two and the truck responds, but slowly. It seems normal.

When I was 16, I went over to my new GF's house for the first time and her dad was there to greet me. He didn't have a son so we hit it off pretty well. First day, we go out in his '77 corvette. Orange, T Tops. That car seems like its 40 feet long. Anyway, we drive around for a bit. Puts the car through its paces and then he drops the hammer. 130 mph, meeting your GFs dad for the first time, in probably the sweetest car you have been in = a pretty good time. Until he stops and says, "Your turn." SAAAWWEEEEETTT

Tieing this back to my current situation, that car, to my memory, had ZERO play in the steering wheel. you move it an inch left, it responded. Now, these are two different animals, but I don't think the truck is too bad.

Anyhow, getting off work in a bit to have a few cold ones and tailgate for the first Badger game! Looking like a great Friday!

Old 09-01-2017, 05:22 PM
SaintITC
Posting Guru
SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a great reputation on FTE.
So did you ever see the GF again?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.