Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 09:37 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by z31freakify
Mexico has one of the stictest QC even more so than the USA unfortunately. I have some family members that work for Johson Controls and other "Maquiladoras" which makes wiring harnesses, leather and some other stuff that goes into the Ford pick up line and by the stuff my cousin tells me theres a strict QC that has to go thru a couple of people before being packaged and send out to the US just FYI.
As for bearings Byron i never had problems running the Duralast ones from Vatozone lol... they had lifetime warranty as well.
Really? That's good to know. I'll check that out because the Timkens are premium and no guarantee it seems. I like the lifetime warranty as well. Thanks bud! I am upgrading to 2000 rotors and hubs, so should be a small improvement.

Old 09-19-2017, 09:39 PM
Glowplugger
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Forgot about Ozark!! That was all time. I have always appreciated Jason Bateman. Looking forward to the next one for sure.

ahh, the batemans. I used to have the biggest crush on his sister during the Family Ties years (or whichever she was on). I looked her up a few years ago and she became a crackhead or something. Seeing my old "girlfriend" with a drug addled face just made me sad. That family's been through a lot.

Old 09-20-2017, 06:46 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
I watched a video on how bearings are made, and it looks to me like it doesn't make any difference where it's made, as long as you use the same manufacturing equipment and good steel. Mexico doesn't make steel, so my only hope would be that the steel is trucked in, not shipped in... if you know what I mean.

I frequently look at the "Where are they now?" before/after pictures of stars from decades ago. Some people just don't age well by nature, but the party life stacks the odds against you. The "I like ice cream" factor has ruined many a fine carcass as well.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:00 AM
jhl3
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Really? That's good to know. I'll check that out because the Timkens are premium and no guarantee it seems. I like the lifetime warranty as well. Thanks bud! I am upgrading to 2000 rotors and hubs, so should be a small improvement.
Timkens-RockAuto-$160 each-shipment arrives in about 2 days.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:19 AM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by mecdac
Ozark a cross between "The Sopranos" and "Breaking Bad".

sounds familiar to Trainspotting😁. Yo tug, speaking of that Fort Knox built plastic wrap, one bit me years ago tryn to pry it open, lol...took tip of thumb off

Old 09-20-2017, 07:34 AM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
It's been 13yrs since I was in the dental repair industry, but for the 8yrs I was involved, 6 of them years, the company was a subsidiary of Timken. Didn't seem to worries about the route of material the stew was used, but more of the cage. Needed to withstand the sterilizations.
. One handpiece company, STAR, had a patent on ceramic caged bearings, where Bien Air another company, had air bearings.... These bearings always seemed to outlast our 1yr warranty, but these hp repairs using these type of bearings, were triple in price compared to say Midwest..etc

Old 09-20-2017, 07:55 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Well, if Adam has had good service with a bearing that has a lifetime warranty and it is $65 less, I might give them a try. Still thinking on it. I am not one to cheap out, but I did notice O-Reilly's Master pro is the same part number as Timken. Hmmmmm....

Yeah Rich, I love the "where are they now" stuff. There is a lot of good stuff like that on Youtube.

Oh, and Texas Pecan coffee has begun this morning. It's that time of year!

Old 09-20-2017, 09:57 AM
brandon_oma#692
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by z31freakify
Mexico has one of the stictest QC even more so than the USA unfortunately. I have some family members that work for Johson Controls and other "Maquiladoras" which makes wiring harnesses, leather and some other stuff that goes into the Ford pick up line and by the stuff my cousin tells me theres a strict QC that has to go thru a couple of people before being packaged and send out to the US just FYI..
It will vary depending on who you work with in Mexico. "We" use 2 at the moment used to be 3. Sounds like it will be all in 1 in the future. Not sure if #2 or a new player... Looks like I will be eating good in the future. Mmmm real tacos

Old 09-20-2017, 10:41 AM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 203 Likes on 108 Posts
Morning all, from the nether reaches of Maine. I'm "up here" for an engineering study (confidential client) to estimate the cost to bring a paper production line back into service (requires converting the operation to a new and profitable product line, so lots of engineering work). For the past 10 years, most of our engineering studies have been focused on increasing efficiency in order to shut down existing equipment, and it too often equates to job reductions.

If the study proves profitability, reviving this major production line will put people back to work again, and it's exciting to be on that side of the jobs fence! Again, if it happens, the production line could start back up within 6 months for Phase 1 with a subsequent Phase 2 production expansion. Converting this operation would also expand US paper presence internationally! Win-win-win --- billable engineering hours for my company, US skilled workers going back to work, loggers go back to work, and the US paper market expanding further into the international arena!!

Old 09-20-2017, 12:09 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by F250_
Morning all, from the nether reaches of Maine. I'm "up here" for an engineering study (confidential client) to estimate the cost to bring a paper production line back into service (requires converting the operation to a new and profitable product line, so lots of engineering work). For the past 10 years, most of our engineering studies have been focused on increasing efficiency in order to shut down existing equipment, and it too often equates to job reductions.

If the study proves profitability, reviving this major production line will put people back to work again, and it's exciting to be on that side of the jobs fence! Again, if it happens, the production line could start back up within 6 months for Phase 1 with a subsequent Phase 2 production expansion. Converting this operation would also expand US paper presence internationally! Win-win-win --- billable engineering hours for my company, US skilled workers going back to work, loggers go back to work, and the US paper market expanding further into the international arena!!
This is just all time! Best thing I have read all week.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:45 PM
z31freakify
Hotshot
Received 1,188 Likes on 816 Posts
I miss the "Made in the USA" thats when my pops used to buy car parts when he had his mechanic shop, now everything says made in China Malaysia, and some other country thats not from the America's.
Malaysia (mal-echia( in spanish sounds like its its saying badly made (spanish term Mal echa) lol.... Crazy...

Old 09-20-2017, 01:36 PM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 203 Likes on 108 Posts
This is just all time! Best thing I have read all week.

I should have clarified that this is still sort of preliminary. The "back of the envelope" concept shows merit. The study we are doing is a Level 1 evaluation with a +/-50% estimate. There are typically 3 progressive levels of study, but the urgency of this project may allow us to merge Levels 2 & 3 into a single +/-10% effort and then go straight into Detail. Without divulging too much, the plant is in an excellent position, though, from both and equipment and raw material standpoints, so I personally believe it will be driven to implementation.

Old 09-21-2017, 07:45 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Employment... my company has no problem with providing jobs. We have a problem with employees providing skills, good work ethics, and just plain being a decent human being. Cell phone bans, "production cameras" to discourage sabotage, security cameras in the lunchroom and parking lot to curb theft and vandalism of fellow employee property... all of these practices are necessary in our little corner of "society".

Old 09-21-2017, 08:03 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,464 Likes on 2,853 Posts
I deleted my comment because I could not word it in a way that did not make me sound like a complete *******.

Good morning folks, last day of summer is upon us...

Old 09-21-2017, 08:22 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Good morning gents. I gotta say I like this place. It's a good way to start the day.

Started Bosch last night. 3 episodes in and we are hooked. After that it'll be a shot at The Wire, and then Deadwood. We started Deadwood this summer, but didn't get into it mainly due to schedule and a little lack of interest. We didn't like SOA at first either, but I am sure ya'll know how that turned out.

Truck work will start this week with a set of new Beru GPs, wheel hubs on both sides, 2000 rotor upgrade, premium pads, and Mile Marker premium hub replacement. I'd like to just keep the stock ones, but the passenger side is getting impossible to turn and I understand it cannot be greased? PITA.... Cold starts are an issue right now, like 60 degrees is an issue, but the relay is new from the PO and it tested fine,so the GPs will be tackled next. I won't bother OHMing them simply because i want to make sure they are fresh and that no Autolites are in there. I really, really hope they are just stock Motorcraft that are old and need replaced.

Weekend is almost here!!

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***