Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 10:12 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Good morning everyone. Rich, is Bosch on Amazon? I'll have to check it out. Ilove a good crime show.

So far, I am liking the new tires a whole bunch. The truck rides much better over bumps and doesn't jar near as much as it did with the old tires. I am guessing it is better Rubber and a little more up at that helps.

Rich, let us know what happens at the transmission issues. Hopefully they don't return.

Old 09-18-2017, 12:53 PM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Yeah... I have Amazon Prime, and Bosch is one of the shows available.

I'll fire up a thread when I'm sure Stinky is done having shift fits.

Old 09-18-2017, 05:07 PM
Glowplugger
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You guys don't overlook "Deadwood", "Justified" or "The Americans" while you're show-hopping. Deadwood is a western with lots of intrigue, guts, and just plain horribly realistic lawlessness, Justified is a tough-guy marshal show set in the south, The Americans is a great 1980s (no internet) spy show with kick-butt action, good leads, and my favorite wish-she-was-my-grandma actress who also happens to be in Justified, Margo Martindale.

BTW, I looked all over Netflix looking for Goliath. took me a minute to see it's only on Amazon.

Old 09-18-2017, 07:34 PM
mecdac
Lead Driver
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Ozark a cross between "The Sopranos" and "Breaking Bad".

Old 09-18-2017, 07:45 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,464 Likes on 2,853 Posts
Originally Posted by mecdac
Ozark a cross between "The Sopranos" and "Breaking Bad".
Binge watched Ozark, it was good.

On episode 3 of Goliath now, it is good so far too. I have always liked Billy Bob Thornton as an actor.

Old 09-18-2017, 09:45 PM
afmedic
Posting Guru
Billy bob Thornton is one of my favorites!

Old 09-18-2017, 11:25 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by afmedic
Billy bob Thornton is one of my favorites!
Originally Posted by Sous

On episode 3 of Goliath now, it is good so far too. I have always liked Billy Bob Thornton as an actor.
Yep, right there with you guys. All the Pretty Horses is my top favorite film, which he directed.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:24 AM
Glowplugger
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Yep, right there with you guys. All the Pretty Horses is my top favorite film, which he directed.

Didn't know he was in Goliath. I have to catch up on "The Last Ship" then I'll start it. BBT used to be just a little bit crazy when he was with that large breasted girl that married Brad Pitt and adopted every black/asian baby that walked past her. Can't remember her name to save my life, but she and BBT got into some pretty big hijinks back in the day.

Old 09-19-2017, 07:51 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Glowplugger
Didn't know he was in Goliath. I have to catch up on "The Last Ship" then I'll start it. BBT used to be just a little bit crazy when he was with that large breasted girl that married Brad Pitt and adopted every black/asian baby that walked past her. Can't remember her name to save my life, but she and BBT got into some pretty big hijinks back in the day.
I don't remember her name either....not sure I want to....

And I want to personally thank you for taking up two hours of my morning as I read through your Skippy thread. Nice write-up!

Old 09-19-2017, 10:06 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
BBT and the lumpy walking stick got together during the shooting of "Pushing Tin"... I think. I remember when she was in "Hackers"... she looked pretty sensual. Now she just looks Hollyweird.

Justified was great... until it wasn't. I liked the earlier seasons, then it got very cheesy. The guy that wanted to use a knife in a gun fight was hilarious... didn't see that coming. I got a kick when the villain that once played a role on "Star Trek First Contact" as he chuckled "It's a piggy bank." I also liked and respected that rent-a-cop character. My wife and I cringed at the end of the opening credits... that was one depressing-looking town.

Deadwood.... Absolute classic. My wife and I still call Ian McShane "Swedgin". Molly Parker from "Deadwood" is in "Goliath"... I have problems with every character she plays - but that's good acting for ya. After a lifetime of watching Brad Dourif play the off-kilter bad guy, it was refreshing to see him as a positive and grounded character.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:48 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Just curious before I order and don't want to start a new thread....what are you guys using for front hub replacements? I have read Timkens are best, but then saw some reviews where they are coming form China and some have had bad luck. I am looking on Rockauto, so let me know if you guys have any input. Thanks!

Old 09-19-2017, 05:35 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
For all of you that are now hooked on Goliath, this one is for you...

I find this is best heard at a very loud volume in surround sound.

Old 09-19-2017, 05:39 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Just curious before I order and don't want to start a new thread....what are you guys using for front hub replacements? I have read Timkens are best, but then saw some reviews where they are coming form China and some have had bad luck. I am looking on Rockauto, so let me know if you guys have any input. Thanks!
I will go with Timken, but you are right that there was a thread not long ago where someone said you have to be careful about them because some are being made in Mexico.

Below is the thread I am referencing.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...d-is-best.html

I plan to ask Clay directly if he knows for sure that his are made in USA, if he cannot confirm this I will order from the source below which was linked in the thread above.

Wheel Bearings Inc

Old 09-19-2017, 09:14 PM
z31freakify
Hotshot
Received 1,188 Likes on 816 Posts
Mexico has one of the stictest QC even more so than the USA unfortunately. I have some family members that work for Johson Controls and other "Maquiladoras" which makes wiring harnesses, leather and some other stuff that goes into the Ford pick up line and by the stuff my cousin tells me theres a strict QC that has to go thru a couple of people before being packaged and send out to the US just FYI.
As for bearings Byron i never had problems running the Duralast ones from Vatozone lol... they had lifetime warranty as well.

Old 09-19-2017, 09:34 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Sous

Forgot about Ozark!! That was all time. I have always appreciated Jason Bateman. Looking forward to the next one for sure.

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***