Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 09-02-2017, 09:14 AM
Keabler
Senior User
Keabler is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cool memory. I had similar experience with a souped up old power wagon and a gfs dad. When I have it some gas and spin the tires he proceeded to make me afraid for my life if I ever drove Daphne around like that. On came the uncovering teenaged sweating and trying to act inboard. Good times!

​​​​​​On another note an interesting experience relayed by a friend has been making me think: he had an f250 and changed his pitman arm when he raised it to an offset arm from an F350. He said his turn radius improved dramatically. He said it seemed about half an inch longer than the f250. Wonder if anyone had had a similar experience?

Maybe I'll post it in SD forum, but I'm literally drinking my morning coffee so...

Old 09-02-2017, 10:28 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
That would be interesting to know about the pitman arm. I have not heard of such, but I have also not had to change one out either.

Morning everyone, college gameday is such a beautiful thing. Hope everyone is off to a great weekend!

Old 09-02-2017, 01:43 PM
Hussler
Postmaster
Hussler is a splendid one to beholdHussler is a splendid one to beholdHussler is a splendid one to beholdHussler is a splendid one to beholdHussler is a splendid one to beholdHussler is a splendid one to beholdHussler is a splendid one to behold
Dang Northern California - Southern Oregon forest fires. It's so smoky you can't really get out and do anything. Can't see the local mountains and the Sun is just a dim yellow disk in the sky. Struggling to keep the lawns green. This is getting old fast, well over a month now.

Done venting ...

Old 09-02-2017, 05:28 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.
Weather report last night predicted winds from the SE. Hopefully that will push the smoke out to sea. No offence meant to Charley Tuna.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:26 PM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
BBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant futureBBslider001 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Hussler View Post
Dang Northern California - Southern Oregon forest fires. It's so smoky you can't really get out and do anything. Can't see the local mountains and the Sun is just a dim yellow disk in the sky. Struggling to keep the lawns green. This is getting old fast, well over a month now.

Done venting ...
Jim, I can only imagine. We are getting smoky haze all the way down by me in South Dakota form the Montana fires. I am guessing your situation is way worse since you are much closer to the burn site.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:36 PM
Turbo1994
New User
Turbo1994 is starting off with a positive reputation.
can anybody be of help to me I need to find the stamped vin in the chassis of my ford e450 camper truck 1999 I have the dash and door jam vin but I need the location of the frame stamped vin
cheers

Old 09-03-2017, 05:14 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Turbo1994 View Post
can anybody be of help to me I need to find the stamped vin in the chassis of my ford e450 camper truck 1999 I have the dash and door jam vin but I need the location of the frame stamped vin
cheers
Maybe start a new thread? You'll get more views that way.

Old 09-03-2017, 09:51 AM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a great reputation on FTE.
Was hoping to flush the zf6 and transfer case today, now I'm puzzled on my delimma. EngineOil came in a 5 gal bucket, still have 1 gal left, not enough empty containers to put 4 gal of used oil in, nothing in the house or garage but 1 empty bleach jug to put the rest of the fresh oil in to drain my used oil pan into the 5 gal bucket to drain zf6 & transfer case..... this needs more coffee and after church solution.

along with the girls with guns posts...
Middle daughter when she was 7
Oldest when she was 9

Old 09-04-2017, 09:31 AM
Glowplugger
Elder User
Glowplugger has a very good reputation on FTE.Glowplugger has a very good reputation on FTE.Glowplugger has a very good reputation on FTE.
those are great pics of your girls! I need to get mine back out to the range. We've been fishing more than anything lately. I've kinda fallen out of the shooting spirit.

For that oil, do what I do and drain it in a 1 gallon pail, plug the hole, go dump it in a spot in the backyard that isn't too obvious. Repeat with the other 4 gallons. Grass will grow like crazy there after a year though so get the weedwhacker ready!

Old 09-05-2017, 07:20 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
Good morning gents...woke up to 37* this morning after 80s yesterday. Good time to move cattle. Hope everyone has a great day! This morning came too quick!

Old 09-05-2017, 07:53 AM
Glowplugger
Elder User
Glowplugger has a very good reputation on FTE.Glowplugger has a very good reputation on FTE.Glowplugger has a very good reputation on FTE.
This morning did come too quickly, fall did too. We hardly had a summer this year and now it's down to 52 overnight. Whew!

Guess i better get the welder out and line up some projects. Good note, bread baking weather is right around the corner, ohhhhh yeahhhh!

Old 09-05-2017, 08:10 AM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Colorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud ofColorado350 has much to be proud of
The smoke here in CO was Extreme yesterday. I have an Archery Bear & Elk tag, it almost hurt to breathe. Had a bear at 27 yards but it was on the small side so I let it walk. It was interesting watching the bear with the smoke in the air, he was definitely more cautious but not crazy paranoid. Know there's bigger bears in this area, hopefully I'll see something this week.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:13 PM
F250_
Post Fiend
F250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputation
This morning came way too quick for me as well. Spent all weekend filling open grain on the oak kitchen cabinet ends and face frames, sanding smooth, priming, sanding, patching open spots and missed nail holes, re-priming, sanding, base coat, sanding, patching a few small defects, sanding, and another base coat. Still have 2-3 coats of clear top coat to finish the protection layers. All of this was after making a few cabinet repairs and removing a partition from one cabinet to convert it to open shelves. A similar process awaits me for my 40+ raised panel cabinet doors and 20+ drawer fronts which will begin this Friday. The dropping temperatures and low humidity will make this weekend perfect for spraying all the doors and fronts. Before I can start spraying, though, I have to build two drying racks to lay out all the pieces as I get them coated so I can crank it all out with minimal interruptions.

You guys' talk about the fires makes me think of my 21 yo son who just started Basic Fire School at Auburn's Fire Training Academy. In exchange for committing to 6 years with the Auburn FD, they will reimburse him 100% for any 4-year degree at Auburn University! He's been wanting this for a while and is totally thrilled with the program. Right now, he plans to end up somewhere in the midwest as a smoke jumper and wildland firefighter. He worked really hard to get into the Auburn program by volunteering for the past two years at two local FD's, and was the first one chosen as Team Leader in this year's class. It was great seeing him this weekend and hearing about how it's all going for him! I just couldn't help showing a little family pride.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:20 PM
Sous
Moderator and SXE Junkie!
Sous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputationSous has a superb reputation
Mornings in north GA are great during the fall and early spring. Back when I was riding motorcycles I would look forward to the early mornings during this time of year. Nice cool winds, sun rising, etc...

I often see wildfires when we go to north ID and Washington state areas where my wife is from. I remember one time we stopped for a beer refill at a fuel station and the sky was orange and purple from the sun trying to shine through. It sure was cool, but very anxious feeling as well.

Old 09-06-2017, 09:46 AM
BBslider001
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
Mornings in north GA are great during the fall and early spring. Back when I was riding motorcycles I would look forward to the early mornings during this time of year. Nice cool winds, sun rising, etc...

I often see wildfires when we go to north ID and Washington state areas where my wife is from. I remember one time we stopped for a beer refill at a fuel station and the sky was orange and purple from the sun trying to shine through. It sure was cool, but very anxious feeling as well.
Yeah Sounds, N GA is a pretty a nice place to be in the Fall. Enjoy!

Originally Posted by F250_ View Post
This morning came way too quick for me as well. Spent all weekend filling open grain on the oak kitchen cabinet ends and face frames, sanding smooth, priming, sanding, patching open spots and missed nail holes, re-priming, sanding, base coat, sanding, patching a few small defects, sanding, and another base coat. Still have 2-3 coats of clear top coat to finish the protection layers. All of this was after making a few cabinet repairs and removing a partition from one cabinet to convert it to open shelves. A similar process awaits me for my 40+ raised panel cabinet doors and 20+ drawer fronts which will begin this Friday. The dropping temperatures and low humidity will make this weekend perfect for spraying all the doors and fronts. Before I can start spraying, though, I have to build two drying racks to lay out all the pieces as I get them coated so I can crank it all out with minimal interruptions.

You guys' talk about the fires makes me think of my 21 yo son who just started Basic Fire School at Auburn's Fire Training Academy. In exchange for committing to 6 years with the Auburn FD, they will reimburse him 100% for any 4-year degree at Auburn University! He's been wanting this for a while and is totally thrilled with the program. Right now, he plans to end up somewhere in the midwest as a smoke jumper and wildland firefighter. He worked really hard to get into the Auburn program by volunteering for the past two years at two local FD's, and was the first one chosen as Team Leader in this year's class. It was great seeing him this weekend and hearing about how it's all going for him! I just couldn't help showing a little family pride.
That's great family pride to show.

Originally Posted by Colorado350 View Post
The smoke here in CO was Extreme yesterday. I have an Archery Bear & Elk tag, it almost hurt to breathe. Had a bear at 27 yards but it was on the small side so I let it walk. It was interesting watching the bear with the smoke in the air, he was definitely more cautious but not crazy paranoid. Know there's bigger bears in this area, hopefully I'll see something this week.
Be safe and happy hunting! The smoke here in South Dakota has been extremely thick until that morning.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.