Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 revealed!

 
  #136  
Old 03-06-2019, 10:44 AM
smokewagun
smokewagun is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: N. Illinois
Posts: 1,300
smokewagun has a good reputation on FTE.smokewagun has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by SixtyPilot View Post


I am personally really excited about it looking more like a 150. I love everything about my 150 aside from itís over the road towing capability.
I agree. But why Ford canít come up with a modern looking truck is beyond me. The funky tail light shape was the first step out of the playhouse. Then they stumbled. Just now, for 2020, Ford has come up with interesting wheels instead of those that look like punched plate steel, or repainted previous trim wheels. Okay, Iíll give in... the Super Duty Limited wheels look good. Frankly, the only nice F-150 wheel was the 2015-2017 20Ē chrome. GM and the Goat may look space-aged, but at least buyers feel they are getting something new.
 
  #137  
Old 03-06-2019, 10:46 AM
someday
someday is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: midwest
Posts: 1,300
someday is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by MBaldo View Post
Glad I bought a 2019. Don't want my Super Duty to look anything like an F150.
i already have to do a double take since 17+ super duties and 15+ 150s have the same cab. back in the day 150-350 were identical.

Originally Posted by Y2KW57 View Post
You mean like 7.3 mpg?
gen 3 6.7 mpg powerstroke

where is that v8 7.3l badge located?
 
  #138  
Old 03-06-2019, 11:07 AM
delorenzomp
delorenzomp is offline
Elder User
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 738
delorenzomp is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by smokewagun View Post


I agree. But why Ford canít come up with a modern looking truck is beyond me. The funky tail light shape was the first step out of the playhouse. Then they stumbled. Just now, for 2020, Ford has come up with interesting wheels instead of those that look like punched plate steel, or repainted previous trim wheels. Okay, Iíll give in... the Super Duty Limited wheels look good. Frankly, the only nice F-150 wheel was the 2015-2017 20Ē chrome. GM and the Goat may look space-aged, but at least buyers feel they are getting something new.
I respectfully disagree, Ford is designing trucks, three cube ( engine, cab, cargo) trucks. I hope they keep it up, otherwise theyíll have three-quarter and one-ton Rancheros.
 
  #139  
Old 03-06-2019, 11:17 AM
Scorpion67
Scorpion67 is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 501
Scorpion67 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.


Originally Posted by someday View Post
where is that v8 7.3l badge located?
 
  #140  
Old 03-06-2019, 11:22 AM
smokewagun
smokewagun is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: N. Illinois
Posts: 1,300
smokewagun has a good reputation on FTE.smokewagun has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by delorenzomp View Post


I respectfully disagree, Ford is designing trucks, three cube ( engine, cab, cargo) trucks. I hope they keep it up, otherwise theyíll have three-quarter and one-ton Rancheros.
Based upon the 30+ year old death wobble, I think you are safe. Ford May be at the top, but on some things, they just donít move fast. I suspect the current sheetmetal is safe for at least another 13 years. The grilles, tail lights, and side vents are another story.
 
  #141  
Old 03-06-2019, 11:26 AM
someday
someday is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: midwest
Posts: 1,300
someday is starting off with a positive reputation.
i wonder if the pickups will get the same badge and where? might look a little funky by the headlight
 
  #142  
Old 03-07-2019, 02:08 AM
Scorpion67
Scorpion67 is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 501
Scorpion67 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.


Another small piece of information regarding the 7.3. The redline is now 5,250 rpm (compared to the 6.2ís 6,000 rpm).
 
  #143  
Old 03-07-2019, 05:32 AM
bryced15's Avatar
bryced15
bryced15 is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lenoir City, TN
Posts: 111
bryced15 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.bryced15 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Scorpion67 View Post


Another small piece of information regarding the 7.3. The redline is now 5,250 rpm (compared to the 6.2ís 6,000 rpm).
I also find it interesting that it looks like youíll be able to get the 8Ē lcd instrument cluster in a work truck trim on that 650/750. Donít know if thatís an XL or XLT but either way... I hope that these things are going to be available on the 250-450 XL & XLT...

 
  #144  
Old 03-07-2019, 05:52 AM
h20camper's Avatar
h20camper
h20camper is online now
Posting Guru
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Lost in the Ozone....
Posts: 1,682
h20camper is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.h20camper is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Could that image be from a E series of some sort or do the 650/750 trucks have rear ac blowers? Note the front and rear fan controls.
 
  #145  
Old 03-07-2019, 09:22 AM
Scorpion67
Scorpion67 is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 501
Scorpion67 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by h20camper View Post
Could that image be from a E series of some sort or do the 650/750 trucks have rear ac blowers? Note the front and rear fan controls.
itís from an E-450. Rear for the RV part I would assume.
 
  #146  
Old 03-07-2019, 09:23 AM
Scorpion67
Scorpion67 is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 501
Scorpion67 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by bryced15 View Post

I also find it interesting that it looks like youíll be able to get the 8Ē lcd instrument cluster in a work truck trim on that 650/750. Donít know if thatís an XL or XLT but either way... I hope that these things are going to be available on the 250-450 XL & XLT...

You can get the 12Ē screen on the Ram Tradesman, so I assume Ford will follow.
 
  #147  
Old 03-07-2019, 09:25 AM
glrret's Avatar
glrret
glrret is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Maine
Posts: 479
glrret is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.glrret is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Any word on when the 2020 F450, F550 Chassis Cabs will be available to order?
 
  #148  
Old 03-07-2019, 10:08 AM
someday
someday is offline
Posting Guru
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: midwest
Posts: 1,300
someday is starting off with a positive reputation.
august 2, same as pickups
 
  #149  
Old 03-07-2019, 11:20 AM
glrret's Avatar
glrret
glrret is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Maine
Posts: 479
glrret is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.glrret is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I wonder if waiting for the 10 speed transmission will be worth the wait. Will the increase in MPG be that significant.
 
  #150  
Old 03-07-2019, 11:36 AM
Scorpion67
Scorpion67 is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 501
Scorpion67 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by glrret View Post
I wonder if waiting for the 10 speed transmission will be worth the wait. Will the increase in MPG be that significant.
maybe marginal increase. But the acceleration, quick response to the demand of power, and the grade shifting will be significant improvement.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.