2020 revealed! - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2020 revealed!

Old 02-05-2019, 10:00 PM
acelefty
Junior User
acelefty is starting off with a positive reputation.
I sure hope we can buy the in bed 7/12 pin connector and retrofit it to the '17-'19s. I would love a Ford part of that - assuming it's plug and play. Not sure why they didn't do that in '17.

Old 02-06-2019, 02:34 AM
Y2KW57
Postmaster
Y2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputation
Whatever those two little black boxes are on top of the cab, Ford certainly went through a great deal of trouble to constantly hide them from the competition...

Old 02-06-2019, 08:01 AM
Rjpoog1989
New User
Rjpoog1989 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I really need to stay out of these threads. Iím wanting a new truck more and more each day. The 7.3 is about the most perfect motor for me. Iím wanting power to tow my camper, payload of an HD, donít care much about fuel economy.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:58 AM
mtnguy
Senior User
mtnguy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.mtnguy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Fred Dollen View Post
A few interesting nuggets:

- Standard automated emergency braking on XLT trims and up. The hardware required for this is the same for adaptive cruise control, so hopefully that now comes for free.

I hope the automatic emergency braking can be turned off. My collision avoidance alert is set off by a road sign coming into my town, and also set off by a sign coming down the Blue Ridge......both signs are on the outside of curves. I don't want my truck slamming on the brakes every time I encounter something like that. Warn me, but don't slam on the brakes.

Old 02-06-2019, 10:09 AM
SixtyPilot
Freshman User
SixtyPilot is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
I hope the automatic emergency braking can be turned off. My collision avoidance alert is set off by a road sign coming into my town, and also set off by a sign coming down the Blue Ridge......both signs are on the outside of curves. I don't want my truck slamming on the brakes every time I encounter something like that. Warn me, but don't slam on the brakes.
I may be wrong, but I think this is just the safety system where it only applies emergency braking when you apply the Brahe yourself, it just gives the truck the ability to apply more brakes than you input in order to avoid a collision.

Old 02-06-2019, 10:11 AM
flanneljunkie
Senior User
flanneljunkie is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by SixtyPilot View Post

I may be wrong, but I think this is just the safety system where it only applies emergency braking when you apply the Brahe yourself, it just gives the truck the ability to apply more brakes than you input in order to avoid a collision.
Ford states that if the driver doesn't act as it deems necessary, the brakes can be applied automatically.

Old 02-06-2019, 10:17 AM
SixtyPilot
Freshman User
SixtyPilot is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by flanneljunkie View Post
Ford states that if the driver doesn't act as it deems necessary, the brakes can be applied automatically.
I have adaptive cruise. My collision warning goes off often when cruise is not activated. Iíve never had my truck brake without my input.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:06 AM
4Wheelgreg
Senior User
4Wheelgreg is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by wesd View Post
Great, I'm relieved they didn't change the interior much. That's my favorite feature of current truck. But I do like the new speed dial numerals.

I had been convinced I'd buy a 2020 GMC HD, now I might end up with the Ford again. 7.3 or 6.7? It will depend on the numbers and MPG when towing.

Let's hope this is available in July. Whatever truck is on the lot first is what I'll buy.
GM is pulling a fast one with there new 2020 GM Allison 10speed transmission is not really a Allison ... They own the rights to the name and that 10 speed is a GM Transmission ... They are actually putting the 6 speed Allison 1000 thats in the current trucks in there new 4500 and 5500 .
Talk about pulling a fast one .
I hope Fords new 10 speed is based off there current 6 speed which is a really good transmission .

Old 02-06-2019, 11:07 AM
BK39
Senior User
BK39 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by acelefty View Post
I sure hope we can buy the in bed 7/12 pin connector and retrofit it to the '17-'19s. I would love a Ford part of that - assuming it's plug and play. Not sure why they didn't do that in '17.

You can buy an aftermarket one from places like Nichols manuf, it's not a perfect plug and play, there is minor work involved.........they make a camera extension cord too. I put my 7/12 in the bed.

I have adaptive cruise. My collision warning goes off often when cruise is not activated. Iíve never had my truck brake without my input.
It'll brake by itself, mine has done it twice.

Old 02-06-2019, 11:07 AM
stufarmer
Elder User
stufarmer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'd like to see Lariat Super Cab models be eligible for the same options offered in Crew Cabs. LED Lights, Adaptive Cruise etc ..

Old 02-06-2019, 12:36 PM
flanneljunkie
Senior User
flanneljunkie is starting off with a positive reputation.

I have adaptive cruise. My collision warning goes off often when cruise is not activated. I’ve never had my truck brake without my input.
I was speaking of the 2020's braking by themselves. I am unaware of whether or not the 17-19 trucks have automatic braking

I've been in a truck with preloaded braking assist. Went to pass a slow vehicle on a two-lane road, hit the gas hard to get around and was just about in the oncoming lane, then the slow driver turned his left signal on. I quickly moved from the gas to brake (didn't need emergency braking, just wanted to slow down and abort). Well, the truck gave me 100% braking power and sent the truck into a massive nose dive. I was furious. I was under the impression that I was the operator of the vehicle. I am not a fan of a vehicle taking over certain functions based on computer programming.

Old 02-06-2019, 02:33 PM
delorenzomp
Elder User
delorenzomp is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by smokewagun View Post

You must be a younginí. It always used to be release of a new year model the fall of the previous year. This would get us back to the norm. Ford spanked the standard years ago releasing trucks in the spring of the previous year for which they were the model year. Then, ran with it for several generations. Frankly, IMO, it screwed up a bunch of things. It should get back to the original standard.

Remember the 'half years' ? In particular the 70-1/2 Ford Falcon comes to mind...but there were many others...

Old 02-06-2019, 02:38 PM
delorenzomp
Elder User
delorenzomp is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by flanneljunkie View Post
Those just may be what prevents people from putting an F350 SRW through their 7' garage doors. In my case, if the height is the same as the 2019 I test fit, those antennas will prevent me from using my garage.
If they are 'sky sensitive' (as opposed to, say, a CB antenna that needs 'horizontal visibility', why not mount them on the mirror tops ??

Old 02-06-2019, 03:02 PM
Wobblin-Goblin
New User
Wobblin-Goblin is starting off with a positive reputation.
I prefer the look of the current '19s myself.

But that's just me.

Old 02-06-2019, 03:36 PM
skipcox
Senior User
skipcox is starting off with a positive reputation.
Do we know if the 2020 SD has the lane keeping system?

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.