Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 revealed!

Old 02-07-2019, 03:57 PM
tony m 6.7
Elder User
tony m 6.7 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The nice thing is that the adaptive feature can be temporarily disabled, I believe. I think it's in settings. The best of both worlds. I've learned over the years that checking off certain options, although we may not particularly care for them, makes the vehicle much easier to resell as some of these options cannot be added on after the fact.

Old 02-07-2019, 04:24 PM
acadianbob
Elder User
acadianbob is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.acadianbob is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by 13expedition View Post
I'd be curious what it was, I've used this on a MB and it is without a doubt the best option out there. It is nice to set the cruise at 85 or 87 and not had to mess with traffic. I too was a bit hesitant to think it would work but after logging 1,000s of miles I'd go all in. It's also great in stop and go traffic. It does all the work for you.
Toyota xxxxxx

Old 02-07-2019, 05:02 PM
hindy
Senior User
hindy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by tony m 6.7 View Post
I really like the idea of the paddle shifters, NCL. It would be so much easier to enjoy all that torque by being able to "row" the gears once in a while rather than working the button on the shift stalk.
My wife's 13 Explorer Sport has them and I use them all the time. Mostly when decending a hill.

Old 02-07-2019, 06:19 PM
Lariatdriver
Senior User
Lariatdriver is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by hindy View Post
My wife's 13 Explorer Sport has them and I use them all the time. Mostly when decending a hill.
Towing heavy in the mountains and hills ....paddle shifters would the best deal. Using the rocker on the gear shift is not the best. Now days the gear selector should be a dial.

You’re right!

Old 02-07-2019, 09:11 PM
AJB-830
Freshman User
AJB-830 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by stufarmer View Post
I'd like to see Lariat Super Cab models be eligible for the same options offered in Crew Cabs. LED Lights, Adaptive Cruise etc ..
Yes, if the LED lighting is available on the Lariat Super Cab, I might finally upgrade my 2002 F250 Lariat Diesel. It would also be nice if you could get the King Ranch in the Super Cab version. Al

Old 02-07-2019, 09:28 PM
someday
Posting Guru
someday is starting off with a positive reputation.
dont hold your breath for an extended cab king ranch

Old 02-07-2019, 09:47 PM
JHForman812
Senior User
JHForman812 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by hindy View Post
I used them in my wifes explorer sport also, I love driving that car its a blast and faster than an suv needs to be lol.

Old 02-07-2019, 10:07 PM
Chris Karsseboom
Senior User
Chris Karsseboom is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by acadianbob View Post
Agreed. I rented a car with adaptive cruise control and hated it. It grossly over-reacted. In heavier traffic it would brake if someone pulled in even 200 feet ahead. That would catch the car behind off guard because nobody would normally brake that way. Then people get PO'd and pull around you then back back in front; so the car brakes AGAIN. It is a hazard in anything but light traffic. It would keep going slower and slower as people pulled in. And it was not like people were "cutting me off".

ford is is better trust me. People donít compare other vehicles with adaptive and think there all the same. Until youíve driven with a supersuty donít judge.

Old 02-07-2019, 11:55 PM
flanneljunkie
Senior User
flanneljunkie is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Chris Karsseboom View Post

ford is is better trust me. People don’t compare other vehicles with adaptive and think there all the same. Until you’ve driven with a supersuty don’t judge.
I drove a loaded 2017 F350 King Ranch across the lower during the summer of 2017. I thought the ACC would be great once I hit the interstates. Very early on, with a 38' gooseneck attached, I was passing a tractor/trailer on a slight grade with a gradual curve to the right. I was passing on the left, and as the nose of the truck got beside the tail end of the trailer, my truck hit the brakes hard. After that, I shut off all of the "driver aids". After that experience, I am totally happy modulating my cruise speed with the + or - button on the steering wheel.

I love the idea of adaptive cruise, the only time I've actually seen it work was in a Volvo VNL. Albeit, it only worked sporadically, as it continuously threw an ACC sensor fault meaning the cruise couldn't be used at all.

Old 02-08-2019, 01:28 AM
Evo1mike
New User
Evo1mike is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
I like the improvements however those autofold mirrors better have a manual override. Up north here I find I have to leave the mirrors out when we get freezing rain and a cold spell (in that order). They'll be replacing alot of mirrors under warranty up here if that feature can't be disabled.

I bought my truck with 25K out of Ontario, Canada and I'm on my second set of mirrors.
I cant remember from the video now but they auto fold on lock/unlock correct? Theres been many times I've had to wait to pull out of a parking spot before folding the mirrors back out as someone parked too close on one side or the other and if the mirror folded out it would hit the other vehicle. The mirror auto folding out when you hit the unlock button would be a huge issue in that case, especially since you wouldn't be able to get into the truck to prevent the mirror from folding out. I see the benefit, but its a pro/con feature. I dont mind pushing the button myself.

Old 02-08-2019, 05:42 AM
smokewagun
Posting Guru
smokewagun has a good reputation on FTE.smokewagun has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Evo1mike View Post
I cant remember from the video now but they auto fold on lock/unlock correct? Theres been many times I've had to wait to pull out of a parking spot before folding the mirrors back out as someone parked too close on one side or the other and if the mirror folded out it would hit the other vehicle. The mirror auto folding out when you hit the unlock button would be a huge issue in that case, especially since you wouldn't be able to get into the truck to prevent the mirror from folding out. I see the benefit, but its a pro/con feature. I dont mind pushing the button myself.
This will be just like the automatic door lock/unlock feature... selectable through the dash screen under vehicle settings. Relax. Youíll just have to be at a stop to access the menu. 😜

Old 02-08-2019, 08:55 AM
hindy
Senior User
hindy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by JHForman812 View Post
I used them in my wifes explorer sport also, I love driving that car its a blast and faster than an suv needs to be lol.
Totally agree! I'm pissed because her Explorer is faster than my 96 Mustang Cobra! Of course I live in CO and the altitude totally kills the number of ponies it makes

Old 02-08-2019, 09:14 AM
davidpacificnw
Elder User
davidpacificnw is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.davidpacificnw is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by mattymax View Post
I am very happy I ordered my 2019. I love the bold front end with the larger bars. The 2020 looks more like an F150.

Not bad by any means. Still very nice.
agree with you. Way too much like an f150.

Old 02-08-2019, 09:29 AM
motocamper
Senior User
motocamper is starting off with a positive reputation.
I hear people not liking the ACC, but it is one of the best options on the truck outside of the 6.7 IMO. I use it religiously while towing our 17k 40' toyhauler. We make a 1100 roundtrip to Orlando quite often. I have never had an issue with the way it works. Different strokes for different folks I guess. That's a nice thing about options you don't have to buy them.

Old 02-08-2019, 10:31 AM
George C
Senior User
George C is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.George C is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by motocamper View Post
I hear people not liking the ACC, but it is one of the best options on the truck outside of the 6.7 IMO. I use it religiously while towing our 17k 40' toyhauler. We make a 1100 roundtrip to Orlando quite often. I have never had an issue with the way it works. Different strokes for different folks I guess. That's a nice thing about options you don't have to buy them.
It takes practice to understand how the ACC recieves itís info, and how to navigate traffic with it.

IMO, itís very dangerous within city beltways, but just awesome on the open road. I will get it again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.