2020 revealed! - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2020 revealed!

Old 02-06-2019, 05:37 PM
jackbauersmom
Junior User
jackbauersmom is starting off with a positive reputation.
my wife's 2018 gmc yukon denali has the adaptive cruise and lane keep. we live in northern michigan and the sensors are always dirty in the winter and say adaptive cruise unavailable. also, it has a hard time on hilly roads keeping constant speed. pretty worthless in my opinion. i have also had the vehicle slam the brakes on automatically when trying to pass a semi. for those reasons I did not get it when I ordered my '19 last month. as always, everyone has their own opinion and there seems to be a lot of people on this forum that love adaptive cruise.

Old 02-06-2019, 05:56 PM
17 Oaks
Posting Guru
17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 4Wheelgreg View Post

GM is pulling a fast one with there new 2020 GM Allison 10speed transmission is not really a Allison ... They own the rights to the name and that 10 speed is a GM Transmission ... They are actually putting the 6 speed Allison 1000 thats in the current trucks in there new 4500 and 5500 .
Talk about pulling a fast one .
I hope Fords new 10 speed is based off there current 6 speed which is a really good transmission .

It is and its BIG and LONG.

The motor is Gen 3 structural changes to handle the added torque???? New Turbo, heads and they say improved mpg

What I like is the cold air intakes on the front grill for added performance

Ford Superduty product manager youtube showing off trans, motor cut aways, really KOOL

Old 02-06-2019, 06:07 PM
Y2KW57
Postmaster
Y2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputationY2KW57 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by jackbauersmom View Post
i have also had the vehicle slam the brakes on automatically when trying to pass a semi.
That's scary.

Old 02-07-2019, 10:37 AM
GABAR
Posting Guru
GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.GABAR has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by puddintank View Post

So what are these?
Afterburners.

Old 02-07-2019, 10:42 AM
tony m 6.7
Elder User
tony m 6.7 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by GABAR View Post
Afterburners.
Back to the future!!! Flux capacitor!!

Old 02-07-2019, 10:50 AM
acadianbob
Elder User
acadianbob is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.acadianbob is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
my wife's 2018 gmc yukon denali has the adaptive cruise and lane keep. we live in northern michigan and the sensors are always dirty in the winter and say adaptive cruise unavailable. also, it has a hard time on hilly roads keeping constant speed. pretty worthless in my opinion. i have also had the vehicle slam the brakes on automatically when trying to pass a semi. for those reasons I did not get it when I ordered my '19 last month. as always, everyone has their own opinion and there seems to be a lot of people on this forum that love adaptive cruise.
Agreed. I rented a car with adaptive cruise control and hated it. It grossly over-reacted. In heavier traffic it would brake if someone pulled in even 200 feet ahead. That would catch the car behind off guard because nobody would normally brake that way. Then people get PO'd and pull around you then back back in front; so the car brakes AGAIN. It is a hazard in anything but light traffic. It would keep going slower and slower as people pulled in. And it was not like people were "cutting me off".

Old 02-07-2019, 12:54 PM
ncl
Elder User
ncl is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Stirring the pot!

Are the diesel guys going to complain now that their trucks will be shifting gears to go up a hill with a 10 speed transmission? Granted not the higher rpms of gas but none the less it will be shifting. GASP! I think I threw up in my mouth a bit. Lol. All in good fun here. Tongue in cheek.

Old 02-07-2019, 01:08 PM
tony m 6.7
Elder User
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ncl View Post
Are the diesel guys going to complain now that their trucks will be shifting gears to go up a hill with a 10 speed transmission? Granted not the higher rpms of gas but none the less it will be shifting. GASP! I think I threw up in my mouth a bit. Lol. All in good fun here. Tongue in cheek.
If it's in the sweet spot I'm sure it won't be shifting too much. Not stirring the pot here.......the 6.7 just does what it has to do....with nary a complaint. And yes, all in good fun- we all enjoy chiming in on these forums.

Old 02-07-2019, 01:11 PM
13expedition
Freshman User
13expedition is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by acadianbob View Post
Agreed. I rented a car with adaptive cruise control and hated it. It grossly over-reacted. In heavier traffic it would brake if someone pulled in even 200 feet ahead. That would catch the car behind off guard because nobody would normally brake that way. Then people get PO'd and pull around you then back back in front; so the car brakes AGAIN. It is a hazard in anything but light traffic. It would keep going slower and slower as people pulled in. And it was not like people were "cutting me off".
I'd be curious what it was, I've used this on a MB and it is without a doubt the best option out there. It is nice to set the cruise at 85 or 87 and not had to mess with traffic. I too was a bit hesitant to think it would work but after logging 1,000s of miles I'd go all in. It's also great in stop and go traffic. It does all the work for you.

Old 02-07-2019, 01:17 PM
ncl
Elder User
ncl is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by tony m 6.7 View Post
If it's in the sweet spot I'm sure it won't be shifting too much. Not stirring the pot here.......the 6.7 just does what it has to do....with nary a complaint. And yes, all in good fun- we all enjoy chiming in on these forums.

Agreed. It will be interesting to drive these new trucks to see how smooth they will be. Gas or diesel. One thing I think Ford should have done is add the paddle shifter on steering wheel like some are doing with the Raptor wheel. I wonder how the Ram 8speed is manually shifted having a dial like it does. Or is manual shifting a non issue with 8 and 10 speeds.

Old 02-07-2019, 01:18 PM
smokewagun
Posting Guru
smokewagun has a good reputation on FTE.smokewagun has a good reputation on FTE.
Dont get ahead of yourself. 😆
Im watching the 3.0L Powerstroke in the F150 closely. Latest towing test showed the 3.5L and 5.0L pulling 5,500# up a stiff grade. Both shifted if I remember correctly to 7th and 6th respectively. The 3.0L stayed in 10th. MPGs were 11, 10, and 15 respectively. Maybe the 6.7L will shift with 15k in tow, but Im betting it wont be as drastic.

Old 02-07-2019, 01:26 PM
jackbauersmom
Junior User
jackbauersmom is starting off with a positive reputation.
Agreed. It will be interesting to drive these new trucks to see how smooth they will be. Gas or diesel. One thing I think Ford should have done is add the paddle shifter on steering wheel like some are doing with the Raptor wheel. I wonder how the Ram 8speed is manually shifted having a dial like it does. Or is manual shifting a non issue with 8 and 10 speeds.
I had a ram 1500 with the rotary shifter and the manual shift were just + and - buttons on the steering wheel. I never got used to the stupid rotary shifter. also, it was the first year for that transmission and it could never decide what gear to be in. so glad to be rid of that truck.

Old 02-07-2019, 01:31 PM
tony m 6.7
Elder User
I really like the idea of the paddle shifters, NCL. It would be so much easier to enjoy all that torque by being able to "row" the gears once in a while rather than working the button on the shift stalk.

Old 02-07-2019, 02:16 PM
MooManChu
Junior User
MooManChu is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by T diesel View Post
I like the improvements however those autofold mirrors better have a manual override. Up north here I find I have to leave the mirrors out when we get freezing rain and a cold spell (in that order). They'll be replacing alot of mirrors under warranty up here if that feature can't be disabled.

I bought my truck with 25K out of Ontario, Canada and I'm on my second set of mirrors.

Old 02-07-2019, 03:39 PM
George C
Senior User
George C is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Agree. The ACC is great with very low amounts of traffic on wide open interstates. Terrible, almost unsafe in traffic areas.
Lane Keep? My wife has it. We hate it and turn it off.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.