2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2020-2022 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2020, 08:57 AM
ZooDad
Received 615 Likes on 357 Posts
Originally Posted by fleming23
First, i'm not new to Forscan, I've made several changes in the past. That said, is anyone having issues with Forscan not recognizing their 2020s? I was going to update my fuel tank size this morning and it says vehicle not recognized, contact developers.
no issues with my original ScanTool MX

Old 07-08-2020, 08:35 AM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by ZooDad
Air Suspension control - on/off

Keith

Air suspension???

Old 07-08-2020, 10:20 AM
Timc1974
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First, i'm not new to Forscan, I've made several changes in the past. That said, is anyone having issues with Forscan not recognizing their 2020s? I was going to update my fuel tank size this morning and it says vehicle not recognized, contact developers.
Are you running the most recent version of FORScan? You might need an update. I’ve done a few 2020s and had no issues

Old 07-08-2020, 10:25 AM
fleming23
Tuned
Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by Timc1974
Are you running the most recent version of FORScan? You might need an update. I’ve done a few 2020s and had no issues
Yes, everything is up to date. It appears, based on hours of reading, that the dell bluetooth connection can have issues. I have a bluetooth dongle on order to try, otherwise I'll get a USB adapter.

When I did the update just after purchasing the truck it was on an older HP I no longer own. I've never had issues like most post about on here and have updated 4 different vehicles at this point. We will see if the USB dongle fixes my issue with the adapter.

Old 07-08-2020, 10:38 AM
ZooDad
Originally Posted by porthole
Air suspension???
Duane,
i know right maybe some kind of future feature. We would most likely see something on the F150 before the super Duty.
Keith

Old 07-08-2020, 11:51 AM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Duane,
i know right maybe some kind of future feature. We would most likely see something on the F150 before the super Duty.
Keith
Would be great if Ford offered it like the Ram's 3500.

Old 07-09-2020, 03:44 AM
Timc1974
New User
Yes, everything is up to date. It appears, based on hours of reading, that the dell bluetooth connection can have issues. I have a bluetooth dongle on order to try, otherwise I'll get a USB adapter.

When I did the update just after purchasing the truck it was on an older HP I no longer own. I've never had issues like most post about on here and have updated 4 different vehicles at this point. We will see if the USB dongle fixes my issue with the adapter.
Did you check the connection settings tab in forscan. I had issues last week for some reason I had to make a setting change for it to recognize by usb adaptor. Not sure if it was caused by a recent update of not. I forget the change but there was a block I had to switch to “auto”.

Old 07-10-2020, 09:42 AM
fleming23
Tuned
Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts
Updated to a 60 gallon tank per the updated code changes. It provided 939 miles of DTE, which seems a good bit short as I was getting the same with my 55 gallon in my 2017. 5 extra gallons and better economy should have sent the DTE well over 1k, but none the less, better than before.

Also, regarding the connection issue. An external bluetooth dongle fixed the problem, it was indeed something related to the Dell Intel Bluetooth device (which I disabled temporarily in device manager).

Old 07-10-2020, 03:38 PM
Y2KW57
Received 3,440 Likes on 1,805 Posts
Moderator's Note:

Your patience and understanding is requested for the next 24 hours, in an effort to accomplish some thread maintenance, during an initial attempt at moving all 2020+ Forscan posts from the original Forscan sticky thread into the 2020 Forscan thread, for the intermediate solution of creating two sticky Forscan threads, one for the 2017-2019, and the other for 2020+.

This is considered an intermediate solution to a present problem, that will not likely be sustainable as subsequent generations of Super Duties are introduced, each with changes affecting Forscan users. An ultimate goal of creating a useful library of Forscan solutions and hacks, with indications as to what is workable for each genre of model years, might be attainable, but the way forward toward that end is best informed by practical experience managing the two genres we now have, hence the temporary solution of creating two sticky threads, where what is most useful to members might emerge over time in use, further honed by feedback from you.

Feel free to PM your FORScan thread suggestions to @Karl4Cat , on how FTE can make the FORScan information you come here to seek, and to contribute, more accessible, presentable, and useful to you.

Thanks for your patience, as some posts get shifted around a bit. There are a lot of posts, so it will take some time to get the period correct Forscan posts into their proper place.

Old 07-10-2020, 04:45 PM
StrikeQ
New User
So been trying to use FORScan to update tire size for speedo correction. I can get that to work, but I can't get rid of the wrench icon. Done the Relearn PCM a bunch. I've tried various different tire sizes and all act the same. I can go back to default size and relearn PCM and the wrench goes away. I don't see any TCM Relearn option.

2020 F350 XLT SRW CCLB

Old 07-10-2020, 11:15 PM
ZooDad
Originally Posted by StrikeQ
So been trying to use FORScan to update tire size for speedo correction. I can get that to work, but I can't get rid of the wrench icon. Done the Relearn PCM a bunch. I've tried various different tire sizes and all act the same. I can go back to default size and relearn PCM and the wrench goes away. I don't see any TCM Relearn option.

2020 F350 XLT SRW CCLB
what size tire are you switching from and to

What DTC are you getting

ZooDad

Old 07-10-2020, 11:33 PM
StrikeQ
New User
what size tire are you switching from and to

What DTC are you getting

ZooDad
Went from the stock 275/70/18 to Nitto 35x12.5x20 getting the 610a or w/e that default one is. I just got back from driving it around after doing some more changes and managed to get it working. Not quite 100% accurate but within <1MPH and odometer a lot closer to GPS readouts. My tires are 34.76" diameter according to specs, which would be ~2774mm circumference, though I'm only sitting at 2680 in the plain text setting, 2560 was the default.

This is my first foray into FORScan, and what fixed it was running the TCM relearn as well. I first hooked my tablet up to the truck when the adapter came in to make sure I could connect and looked through some settings yesterday. Waited til today when I had time to make changes. Every time I would connect I'd load the profile it made the first day. Found in one of the many threads I've read about telling it not to use a saved profile so it'll rescan modules. That did the trick and it found a bunch more, including the TCM. Which allowed me to run the TCM relearn.

So for now everything seems good. So far only turned on the DPF Filter and updated Tire size.

Old 07-11-2020, 12:18 AM
ZooDad
Originally Posted by StrikeQ
Went from the stock 275/70/18 to Nitto 35x12.5x20 getting the 610a or w/e that default one is. I just got back from driving it around after doing some more changes and managed to get it working. Not quite 100% accurate but within <1MPH and odometer a lot closer to GPS readouts. My tires are 34.76" diameter according to specs, which would be ~2774mm circumference, though I'm only sitting at 2680 in the plain text setting, 2560 was the default.

This is my first foray into FORScan, and what fixed it was running the TCM relearn as well. I first hooked my tablet up to the truck when the adapter came in to make sure I could connect and looked through some settings yesterday. Waited til today when I had time to make changes. Every time I would connect I'd load the profile it made the first day. Found in one of the many threads I've read about telling it not to use a saved profile so it'll rescan modules. That did the trick and it found a bunch more, including the TCM. Which allowed me to run the TCM relearn.

So for now everything seems good. So far only turned on the DPF Filter and updated Tire size.
Glad to hear you go it.
I never use the “specs”. I use a gps. And do the math for RPM/speed to get the exact tire size on the truck. Then make adjustments from there

ZooDad

Old 07-11-2020, 03:16 PM
Parapilot
New User
Ipc v pcm

Big news for 2020 60 gallon fuel tank upgrade guys. I had Ron-Hill and sharkhunt do some testing and they got positive results.

So after researching about 20-25 different trucks and AsBuilt comparisons I found one difference.

so The normal IPC change.
IPC 720-03-01 xxxX XXxx xxx

Make the same change in AsBuilt In the PCM
PCM 7E0-01-04 xxxX XXxx xxxx

Thanks to the ForScan Team for shooting me this info

I have updated the spreadsheet

Have a great and safe weekend.

ZooDad
you mentioned that you had to change the truck from reading the pcm to ipc
how do you do that with forscan
(very new to this forscan stuff)
thanks for all the help and info