2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2020-2022 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2020, 01:57 PM
SCMountainMan
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For items that are available to be changed in plain English as well in the as-built files, is there an advantage or disadvantage to doing it in both places or in one place vs the other?

Old 05-06-2020, 02:01 PM
4Seams
Mountain Pass
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SCMountainMan
For items that are available to be changed in plain English as well in the as-built files, is there an advantage or disadvantage to doing it in both places or in one place vs the other?
And on a related note, does changing the values in one place then rewrite the values in the other place? Like if I enable something in the plain english side, and it works, will the as-built side then reflect the new hex values? I guess I could probably look, but I'm still tippy-toeing around with it until I get a better feel for what causes what, etc.

Old 05-06-2020, 02:08 PM
4Seams
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by Riptide31
2020 Tremor/sport pkg F250.
Quick question:
RE-- Enable autoregen checkbox. Went into the non as built file for IPC and there is no listing for auto regen or the like. I then went to the non as built PCM and there were 3 options: 1. Less manual regen initiation. 2. Manual regen initiation 3. Manual regen w/active regen inhibit. I know the spreadsheet says # 3, but since it didnt read the same, wanted to be sure #3 is what I should choose?
Did you end up figuring this out? I'm going to go into the PCM tonight and give #3 a try, but curious if you got it to work. I have a 2020 F350 Lariat Ultimate 6.7 PSD.
EDIT: Got this to work tonight. Went into the IPC (plain english) and found the correct field called "Auto Regeneration Control", which I set to "Enable". Then went to the PCM (plain english) and chose #3 as shown above. This combo worked to enable the checkbox under the "Settings" tab on the instrument cluster, and I was able to select/deselect the box. When deselected, a message popped up saying exhaust regeneration off.

Old 05-06-2020, 02:20 PM
ZooDad
Received 615 Likes on 357 Posts
Originally Posted by 4Seams
And on a related note, does changing the values in one place then rewrite the values in the other place? Like if I enable something in the plain english side, and it works, will the as-built side then reflect the new hex values? I guess I could probably look, but I'm still tippy-toeing around with it until I get a better feel for what causes what, etc.
yes the plain english makes changes on the AsBuilt side

Old 05-06-2020, 11:38 PM
4Seams
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by 4Seams
I haven't seen this one yet so I'll ask...Anybody get the enable auto regen check box to show up and be usable on the 2020s? While in Forscan and connected to the truck today I looked for something that looked like it in the IPC plain english side (per the 2017+ Forscan sheet) and didn't see anything. The 2020 sheet doesn't have it listed, so maybe its not been found yet. Thanks!
Originally Posted by longhaultransport
I did it in Forscan plain English, but I don't remember the section, and the check box appears in the display.
Figured it out, its in the IPC under "Auto Regeneration Control" and then in the PCM under "DPF Manual Regeneration" where you choose option 3 "Manual Regen w/ Active Regen Inhibit".

Old 05-07-2020, 07:07 AM
Nando7057
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfs4evr
New to this FORScan stuff. Went from a 2013 F150 FX4 to a 2020 F250 Tremor 7.3L.

Anyways messed with most everything seen here that I wanted/understood what the change was a week ago and all good. One thing I wanted was windows closed. Tried the as built notes from 2017-2019 sheets with no luck/getting not compatible errors. So decided to adventure on my own.

Found the combo. It took 4 changes all in English.

Global windows close (takes 4 actions)

BCM (English) Global windows close (Remote).
DDM (English) Global windows close (Enabled).
IPC (English) Global windows close (Enabled). This added a check box option in settings/advanced settings/vehicle/windows for closing them.
PDM (English) Global windows close (Enabled). (Do this one and not DDM and only the passenger window closed. Had me scratching my head for a bit.)

I did see some options here and there in the English files about the rear windows but didn't mess with any to see what happens. It would be a rare occasion for the rears to ever be down.

I sure wish there as a way to over ride the mirror spot lights in motion but as far as I can tell/have read the only way to do that is altering the wiring.

Tom
Thank you!!

I gave this a shot and I know have Global Close on the front windows.

I saw a mention of Rear Door Unit within PDM & DDM. There were option to disable and enable. I may give that a try to see if the Rear windows will also open/close globally.

Old 05-09-2020, 03:39 PM
DL222
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 F350. I have the "DPF Filter %" working but have not been able to get the "Enable Auto-Regen Checkbox" to work. I go to the PCM and make the change form #1 to #3 and it gives me a Service procedure has been interrupted. What am I doing wrong? Has anyone got this to work on a 2020 limited?
Name:  KgpZJuil.jpg
Views: 572
Size:  58.9 KB

Old 05-11-2020, 02:03 PM
Tjjr
Junior User
Anyone else tried the Dpf% on a 2020? I did and it messed up my bed camera. I know it said in the description to change it to certain values but didn’t work.

And the stupid double horn honk didn’t work either. But I was able to change temp above gauges and fog lights with high beems.

Any ideas on Dpf or horn honk?

Old 05-11-2020, 02:25 PM
SCMountainMan
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tjjr
Anyone else tried the Dpf% on a 2020? I did and it messed up my bed camera. I know it said in the description to change it to certain values but didn’t work.

And the stupid double horn honk didn’t work either. But I was able to change temp above gauges and fog lights with high beems.

I did on my 2020 and both worked. Here is what I did.

For the DPF%:
IPC - As Built, DPF % on screen, 720-07-02, Original Value: 0742, 48C1 New Value: 0F42, 48C9. I only changed the "7" to an "F". Don't forget this important note: Some trucks will report a camera error after making this modification. To avoid that, make your update according to the following: If your original default value is 0, change to 8; if 1, change to 9; if 2 then A; if 3 then B; if 4 then C; if 5 then D; if 6 then E, if 7 then F.

For the horn Honk:

BdyCM Module (plain English), Double Honk on leaving cabin, Original Value: Enabled, New Value: Disabled

Old 05-11-2020, 02:48 PM
ZooDad
Received 615 Likes on 357 Posts
Originally Posted by Tjjr

Please post up what you changed from and too.

Old 05-11-2020, 03:06 PM
Tjjr
Junior User
Dpf- was - xxxx 0742 xxxx changed to 0f42

Double Horn was 0101 changed to 0001

I got the Dpf screen to come up and show % but the bed camera was messed up.

And the horn just honked like normal with truck running and key in my pocket.

Old 05-11-2020, 03:15 PM
fleming23
Tuned
Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts
Just a thought, did you remember to hit the write button after making the change?

Old 05-11-2020, 03:19 PM
Tjjr
Junior User
Thanks! Got the horn disabled by looking in the plain English. That worked. Any idea on Dpf?

Originally Posted by SCMountainMan
I did on my 2020 and both worked. Here is what I did.

For the DPF%:
IPC - As Built, DPF % on screen, 720-07-02, Original Value: 0742, 48C1 New Value: 0F42, 48C9. I only changed the "7" to an "F". Don't forget this important note: Some trucks will report a camera error after making this modification. To avoid that, make your update according to the following: If your original default value is 0, change to 8; if 1, change to 9; if 2 then A; if 3 then B; if 4 then C; if 5 then D; if 6 then E, if 7 then F.

For the horn Honk:

BdyCM Module (plain English), Double Honk on leaving cabin, Original Value: Enabled, New Value: Disabled

Old 05-11-2020, 03:25 PM
Rich53
Senior User
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
A lot of people are having the bed camera problem, myself included. There is a separate thread on this. Some, like me, added the DPF screen, and assumed that is the problem, however on mine I have deleted the DPF screen and still a problem. But some are having the issue and never played with FORScan on the truck. One suggestion was lose connection on the camera behind the third brake light, some seemed to fix theirs that way, I pulled it apart, used some electrical contact cleaner on them, put it back together, still have a problem. In most
cases being reported it is intermittent, what are your symptoms?

Old 05-11-2020, 03:38 PM
Tjjr
Junior User
Before I changed it the rear bed camera worked. Added Dpf through forscan and the Dpf% screen appeared. But when I cycled through the camera options the one for the bed was like an 80s tv screen. I could maybe sometimes see the bed but most of the time it was blurry. All over cameras were fine. Changed back and the camera worked. Never had any issues with any of the camera. I got 3,000 miles on my truck.

Quick Reply: 2020-2022 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet