Notices
North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

Official NCFTE Works Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 03:36 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
ubereal2 has a great reputation on FTE.ubereal2 has a great reputation on FTE.ubereal2 has a great reputation on FTE.ubereal2 has a great reputation on FTE.ubereal2 has a great reputation on FTE.
Thanks Tony. Once I get things fixed, I'll get some of that black wire loom and make things prettier. But for now, it is better than it was.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:57 AM
77mud
Post Fiend
77mud has a very good reputation on FTE.77mud has a very good reputation on FTE.77mud has a very good reputation on FTE.77mud has a very good reputation on FTE.
I spent a few minutes yesterday pulling the alternator off my old 300. Then I spent a bit of time cleaning the mud out of bolting holes on the block/water pump. After that I test fit the alternator on the truck, everything bolted up great. I order a new pulley to switch out the serpentine pulley for a V belt. Other than that I just gotta hook up a few wires and the alternator will be good to go.

Next on the list is to plug the holes for the heater lines and clean that up a little bit. I'm gonna pick up a Comercial 950cca battery from napa since they have one for $90. Then a basic tune up oil change and top off the trans. After that should be ready to wake the sleeping beast.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:03 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
ubereal2 has a great reputation on FTE.ubereal2 has a great reputation on FTE.ubereal2 has a great reputation on FTE.ubereal2 has a great reputation on FTE.ubereal2 has a great reputation on FTE.
Looked like a good way to spend a nice day. I need to do all of the fluids, and plugs, rebuild a leaky carb left rear axle seal, rear brake shoes, all on Ka'Bluey.

Old 01-17-2016, 12:25 PM
77mud
Post Fiend
77mud has a very good reputation on FTE.77mud has a very good reputation on FTE.77mud has a very good reputation on FTE.77mud has a very good reputation on FTE.
Yup..... I've got a couple years worth of abuse to make up for

Old 01-19-2016, 09:08 AM
FordTruckfan89
Posting Guru
FordTruckfan89 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Official NCFTE Works Thread

Originally Posted by ubereal2 View Post
It looks good Dusty, I'd bet that front end is stiffer than what it was. Have you done the rear spring since you've had the truck?
Rear springs seem ok, havent replaced those. The injectors are screwing around, those will be next.

Old 01-21-2016, 03:23 PM
77mud
Post Fiend
Got the new pulley in today for my alternator.

Old 01-21-2016, 04:17 PM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Benztechnc has a great reputation on FTE.Benztechnc has a great reputation on FTE.Benztechnc has a great reputation on FTE.Benztechnc has a great reputation on FTE.
I always like shiny parts on an old engine.

Old 01-21-2016, 05:34 PM
77mud
Post Fiend
I'm sure it won't last long at all....

Old 01-24-2016, 05:57 PM
77mud
Post Fiend
Got the alternator in and wired today, I picked up a belt but it was a little bit to small so I'm gonna swap it out for a longer one some time this week. Other than that the alternator swap is done.

Next on the list will be re welding some brackets on the front end of the jeep, also a re gear on my buddies 78 f250. Then of course some more tinkering on mine.

Old 01-25-2016, 09:35 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Benztechnc has a great reputation on FTE.Benztechnc has a great reputation on FTE.Benztechnc has a great reputation on FTE.Benztechnc has a great reputation on FTE.
I am very familiar with the color engine bay. No matter how much you pressure wash, it never seems to go away.

Old 01-27-2016, 06:36 PM
77mud
Post Fiend
Yea it'll never come completely clean.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:21 PM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Saturday's Project List

1. Wire up a 220 outlet in the shop.
2. Grease the front end of the jeep and locate the drive-line clunk. (suspect it's a wheel bearing)
3. Figure out the wiring for the winch.
4. Brew a batch of Beer.

If anyone is free Saturday and wants to ride out, let me know. I may have some brats or burgers to throw on the grill.

Old 02-17-2016, 06:49 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Benztechnc View Post
1. Wire up a 220 outlet in the shop.
2. Grease the front end of the jeep and locate the drive-line clunk. (suspect it's a wheel bearing)
3. Figure out the wiring for the winch.
4. Brew a batch of Beer.

If anyone is free Saturday and wants to ride out, let me know. I may have some brats or burgers to throw on the grill.

That doesn't sound like a bad day Josh. Maybe I can get some Ka'Bluey parts

Old 02-17-2016, 07:20 AM
Benztechnc
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by ubereal2 View Post
That doesn't sound like a bad day Josh. Maybe I can get some Ka'Bluey parts
Pretty sure I have some wheel cylinders that might fit, maybe some brake lines as well. There's a box of carb parts laying around. Dang Bob, it'll be great to get rid of some of the old f-150 parts I have laying around, make space so I can pick up more junk!

James also said he may be able to make it over this weekend too. I'll make sure I actually have some Brats to throw on the grill for lunch..

Old 02-17-2016, 07:21 AM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
ncheavymetal has much to be proud ofncheavymetal has much to be proud ofncheavymetal has much to be proud ofncheavymetal has much to be proud ofncheavymetal has much to be proud ofncheavymetal has much to be proud ofncheavymetal has much to be proud ofncheavymetal has much to be proud ofncheavymetal has much to be proud of
I'm in for a few hours Saturday. Do I need to bring anything?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official NCFTE Works Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.