Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project TGM

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 05:30 PM
FordFETruck
Logistics Pro
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
You can but as the engine warms up it'll increase RPM's and require a kick down to the lower speed notches until the choke is completely off,(on mine there's high idle where it starts, then two notches below that. To start off just screw it in a couple turns and go from there, when it first starts the choke should be completely closed then open up to about where it is, makes me think that the new rod is too short haha. Actually, just look up Edelbrock 1406 owners manual online and it tells you exactly how to adjust it lol.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:53 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh i see, yeah i have adjusted that before but not recently. It won't be too hard.

So i am now $850 richer, i sold my blue ranger down at the 76 pitstop place. Some lady and her father came to look at it and after poking around for half an hour or so she said she liked it and we started the paper work. I am almost sad to see it go and will miss driving it but that just means now i don't have to keep worrying about it. I bought it for 800 dumped around 1k into it over time and sold it for 850. I would say i did good.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:55 PM
FordFETruck
Logistics Pro
Good deal on that, can you fill both of my tanks up? haha just kidding.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:56 PM
KingBigJoe
Cargo Master
Question Awesome ?

Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
Oh i see, yeah i have adjusted that before but not recently. It won't be too hard.

So i am now $850 richer, i sold my blue ranger down at the 76 pitstop place. Some lady and her father came to look at it and after poking around for half an hour or so she said she liked it and we started the paper work. I am almost sad to see it go and will miss driving it but that just means now i don't have to keep worrying about it. I bought it for 800 dumped around 1k into it over time and sold it for 850. I would say i did good.
I guess that is good to hear. So, will you be dumping that recently acquired money on TGM ?

Old 12-18-2012, 06:57 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Haha real funny. My tank is first :P But in all seriousness i do have to not spend a lot. Now that i have this money i need to either look for another car or wait till i get a regular job and start looking more. I really want a VW Bug to replace it, even if they are underpowered i have always liked them. Now that the ranger is gone i can focus on other stuff.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:58 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by KingBigJoe
I guess that is good to hear. So, will you be dumping that recently acquired money on TGM ?
Possibly. I do plan to get the fuel tank either full or almost full for this winter. Then maybe throw some rubbing alcohol in to mix with the water. Last year we had a power outage for 6 hours and i almost ran out of gas in traffic on my way to find an open station. Having my mom and little sister flipping out didn't help either.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:00 PM
FordFETruck
Logistics Pro
I was just at the Pacific post office, and while I was in line I saw a real nice condition old bug take off from the City hall hahahahahha

Old 12-18-2012, 07:02 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Pacific has a post office O.o why in the h. e. double hockey sticks am i driving to Auburn to mail packages... Anyways there are a few bugs right off Milwaukee ave but as far as i know none are for sale. I just have to pay more attention when i roll through there.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:05 PM
FordFETruck
Logistics Pro
Pacific has a post office O.o why in the h. e. double hockey sticks am i driving to Auburn to mail packages... Anyways there are a few bugs right off Milwaukee ave but as far as i know none are for sale. I just have to pay more attention when i roll through there.

US Post Office
111 3rd Avenue Southeast
Pacific, WA 98047

Right across the street from the City Hall, and just a hundred feet or so from the Police/Fire station. It's been there for many many years haha.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:12 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I think i have seen that building, i asked my mom and she said they don't ship packages. Oh well. I just never knew that was there i guess.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:13 PM
FordFETruck
Logistics Pro
I think i have seen that building, i asked my mom and she said they don't ship packages. Oh well. I just never knew that was there i guess.
We ship packages to people all the time there, for years and years we have lol

Old 12-18-2012, 07:16 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Oh, well shoot i will have to go there some times when i need to ship something. BTW do you remember what color the bug was? If it was orange i think it is the towns mayor/ex-mayor.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:29 PM
FordFETruck
Logistics Pro
Oh, well shoot i will have to go there some times when i need to ship something. BTW do you remember what color the bug was? If it was orange i think it is the towns mayor/ex-mayor.
It was like a gray/green color.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:30 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Oh also forgot to mention, i think the carb may either be a bit rich or the timing is a bit advanced cause there was a few times it was backfiring through the carb i think when i would let off the gas. I think i need to re-tune and re-time it some day, along with removing the rear wheels and adjusting the brakes so they work properly.

EDIT:
It was like a gray/green color.
Oh never mind then, i haven't seen it. There is one on CL going for 1k but it was hit really hard in the front. I wish i could ge it to fix it but i don't know enough about body work to fix that kind of damage.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:13 AM
FordFETruck
Logistics Pro
Oh also forgot to mention, i think the carb may either be a bit rich or the timing is a bit advanced cause there was a few times it was backfiring through the carb i think when i would let off the gas. I think i need to re-tune and re-time it some day, along with removing the rear wheels and adjusting the brakes so they work properly.

EDIT:
Oh never mind then, i haven't seen it. There is one on CL going for 1k but it was hit really hard in the front. I wish i could ge it to fix it but i don't know enough about body work to fix that kind of damage.
Do you have a vacuum gauge?

Quick Reply: Project TGM