2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Remote Access and additional Vehicle security kit!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 04:01 AM
grpark20
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now we are getting somewhere! Can't understand why someone would need a long range antenna if they can get everything from the satellite in the sky to their cellphone. So what is required is the security module and remote access module, install, and then dealer generated PIN. From there it is set up and pay the annual subscription. Would anyone happen to have instructions on install for a 17 Super Duty that already has remote start? Looking like the actual cost is around $198 for the security module and $384 for the remote access plus the $49 annual subscription if done thru Ford. There is a dealer on Ebay listing everything for $340 including the PIN generation. Just have to figure out exactly where the plug and play is.

Old 02-27-2017, 04:57 AM
NStorm
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is all fantastic, I too am wondering how the Home Depot showdown ended.

Also, if the 18's do in fact come with Ford Pass...what are the chances we will be able to install it on our '17's? According to the smarties in the tech and accessories area (phone number in the accessories catalog) all we are missing is a 4g modem...then Ford Pass would work in its entirety.

Old 02-27-2017, 06:22 AM
gpf2ez
Elder User
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by grpark20
Now we are getting somewhere! Can't understand why someone would need a long range antenna if they can get everything from the satellite in the sky to their cellphone. So what is required is the security module and remote access module, install, and then dealer generated PIN. From there it is set up and pay the annual subscription. Would anyone happen to have instructions on install for a 17 Super Duty that already has remote start? Looking like the actual cost is around $198 for the security module and $384 for the remote access plus the $49 annual subscription if done thru Ford. There is a dealer on Ebay listing everything for $340 including the PIN generation. Just have to figure out exactly where the plug and play is.
I am on mobile so searching sucks but if you look at my post history you will see an earlier thread on this same subject. I posted the PDF to that thread.

Old 02-27-2017, 08:51 AM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Would anyone happen to have instructions on install for a 17 Super Duty that already has remote start?
You don't need print instructions. It's really easy:

Behind the DLC (OBDII port), unplug the connector (make sure the key is NOT in the ignition when you do this).

Plug in the harness that comes with the security module into that DLC connector and click in the new connector. Plug the security module into the harness.

Now plug in the remote access module into the security module.

Zip tie everything up under the dash. I usually put the security module on the large wiring harness under there.

Turn the ignition on for about 3 seconds and then off. Congrats, the module is now learned to the vehicle.

At this point the dealer will need to activate the remote access and generate the PIN.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:10 AM
grpark20
Junior User
Originally Posted by gpf2ez
I am on mobile so searching sucks but if you look at my post history you will see an earlier thread on this same subject. I posted the PDF to that thread.
Thank you! I am all squared away now.

Old 02-27-2017, 01:03 PM
LaydBack
Junior User
I paid $280
15-16 Ford F150 Perimeter Alarm with Smart Phone RemoteStart Access Plug-n-Play

Old 02-27-2017, 06:48 PM
17STROKES
Junior User
Just had mine installed the data plan is $49 per year, my dealer didn't charge anything to install or activate. Added feature that I didn't understand i was getting was when you park your truck and go into a restaurant or shopping center and pull up your maps on your iPhone you will see your location per your phone and you will see your truck in the lot labeled parked car. You will never have a problem finding your car again.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:04 PM
gobig
Junior User
Originally Posted by 17STROKES
Just had mine installed the data plan is $49 per year, my dealer didn't charge anything to install or activate. Added feature that I didn't understand i was getting was when you park your truck and go into a restaurant or shopping center and pull up your maps on your iPhone you will see your location per your phone and you will see your truck in the lot labeled parked car. You will never have a problem finding your car again.
Actually that's not associated with this ap...it's in your iOS ...see Inside iOS 10: Apple Maps will remember where you parked your car

Old 02-27-2017, 10:11 PM
kylant
Fleet Mechanic
Received 108 Likes on 90 Posts
did they generate the PIN for you?

I have asked them questions prior to purchase and they have not responded

Old 02-27-2017, 10:15 PM
danr1707
Senior User
That link says it's not compatible with 2017 SD. Is that just an Ebay thing?

Old 02-27-2017, 10:25 PM
17STROKES
Junior User
Originally Posted by kylant
did they generate the PIN for you?

I have asked them questions prior to purchase and they have not responded
They did everything installed it, set it up and activated it

Old 02-27-2017, 10:27 PM
17STROKES
Junior User
Originally Posted by gobig
Actually that's not associated with this ap...it's in your iOS ...see Inside iOS 10: Apple Maps will remember where you parked your car
Didn't know never had it to show where I parked my car until I had it installed on my truck.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:29 PM
gobig
Junior User
that's where I bought mine.

Old 02-28-2017, 07:48 AM
kylant
Fleet Mechanic
Received 108 Likes on 90 Posts
Originally Posted by gobig
that's where I bought mine.
did they give you the pin?
or how did you go about activating it?

Old 02-28-2017, 11:10 AM
17STROKES
Junior User
They didn't give me any thing there were some access number that came with the remote access, they supplied everything I just pulled it in the shop, went to parts counter picked up the parts counter picked up the parts gave them to the service manager and about a hour later the said its ready to go.

Quick Reply: Remote Access and additional Vehicle security kit!