2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Remote Access and additional Vehicle security kit!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 02:10 PM
gobig
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by klassic
I'm a little curious on how the "encounter" played out. ??
Same here...

Old 02-20-2017, 02:11 PM
oklarado
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SuperDuty417
A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe, just like the American, but without a gun!
An American is someone who can make a canoe out of your head, with a gun of course lol.

The following users liked this post:
Old 02-20-2017, 03:51 PM
SuperDuty417
Freshman User
Originally Posted by oklarado
An American is someone who can make a canoe out of your head, with a gun of course lol.
You an Okie oklaredo? No prod, just simply wondering!

Old 02-21-2017, 09:33 AM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
If you turn it up all the way be prepare for it to go off when a squirrel farts on roof of your garage. Mine goes off when a vehcile drives by faster then 20kph or when a diesel starts next to it. It's not set at most sensitive either.

My main reference is to GPS as it will be unplugged soon as they get in I would think.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:46 AM
SuperDuty417
Freshman User
That's great!

Originally Posted by Sleepyguy
If you turn it up all the way be prepare for it to go off when a squirrel farts on roof of your garage. Mine goes off when a vehcile drives by faster then 20kph or when a diesel starts next to it. It's not set at most sensitive either.

My main reference is to GPS as it will be unplugged soon as they get in I would think.
I only wish mine was that sensitive. I don't see that being an issue! On the latter, if someone is gaining entry to your vehicle only to pursue grand theft auto, then having an extra security package is really not its intended preventative purpose. If they want the truck, and are intelligent enough to hot wire or hack the system then all this really doesn't matter. The only thing that can help recover but not stop the thiefs would be an external gps tracking device. In my opinion, if you are driving the new SD, then you should have quality insurance. Point being, most times you don't want to recover what you'll find. Just pay the deductible and go get yourself another new SD truck!

Old 02-21-2017, 10:33 AM
bowler304
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got mine from eBay and it was 300.00 for everything. I haven't installed it yet but will now. Yearly cost for the service is 60.00 from what I have ready.

I want to know if I can set it up to do WiFi in the truck like the 18's will come with soon. That would be great technology to have in a truck that pulls my TT all the time.

Old 02-25-2017, 02:52 PM
gobig
Junior User
FT42-19A361-A and DL3z-19A390-B

just got mine in the mail...are the instructions the same as the 2016 Super duty?

Old 02-25-2017, 09:31 PM
gobig
Junior User
I installed it and went to the dealer for the pin. It works well (lock, unlock, etc), but I'm not getting the emails and text messages for the alerts.

Did others have this issue of not getting the emails and text messages?

Old 02-25-2017, 10:01 PM
DJ Cobb
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by gobig
I installed it and went to the dealer for the pin. It works well (lock, unlock, etc), but I'm not getting the emails and text messages for the alerts.

I used the App to set up a text message alert, but it seems with a 'warning' beep from the truck, that I do not receive an alert text. I haven't deliberately set off the alarm yet. Maybe I will try it tomorrow.

Old 02-25-2017, 11:29 PM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by gobig

You have to turn it on in the app. You select either text or email. One or the other, not both.

I selected text because it's quicker. Usually get an alert within 5 seconds of the alarm going off. My email.... well it depends on the fetch on the iPhone, sometimes it's several minutes before it pulls email.

Old 02-25-2017, 11:30 PM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by DJ Cobb
I used the App to set up a text message alert, but it seems with a 'warning' beep from the truck, that I do not receive an alert text. I haven't deliberately set off the alarm yet. Maybe I will try it tomorrow.
Roll down the window, lock with your key Fob. Wait 30 seconds, then hit the steering wheel with your hand with medium contact. Should set off the alarm, and a text to follow if the app is configured correctly.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:24 AM
grpark20
Junior User
I am having a hard time finding info on this...is this simply the $198 for the access kit, dealer fee to pin it, and $60 annual fee if you only want the start, lock unlock feature? That is all I am looking to do from my cell phone. Also, the part numbers did not seem to work for me on fordparts.com...

Last edited by grpark20; 02-26-2017 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-26-2017, 09:07 AM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by grpark20
I am having a hard time finding info on this...is this simply the $198 for the access kit, dealer fee to pin it, and $60 annual fee if you only want the start, lock unlock feature? That is all I am looking to do from my cell phone. Also, the part numbers did not seem to work for me on fordparts.com...
Gobig made a small typo. Here's the correct part numbers.

FT4Z-19A361-A and DL3Z-19A390-B

You can find them on accessories.ford.com

Also the annual fee is $49, not $60.

Old 02-26-2017, 12:06 PM
grpark20
Junior User
Originally Posted by Pocket
Gobig made a small typo. Here's the correct part numbers.

FT4Z-19A361-A and DL3Z-19A390-B

You can find them on accessories.ford.com

Also the annual fee is $49, not $60.
Thanks for the info. Only the first part number worked and if went to the security system. The second part number was listed as not available for a 2017 Super Duty...I'll have to make a trip to the dealer to find out the real deal. Has anyone actually installed the second part number only for the cell phone access for the start,lock, unlock. I just don't believe it is just $200, dealer fee and then $49 annually. Earlier in the post it was referenced that additional antennas where needed but unsure if that is for the security or just remote access.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:10 PM
Pocket
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by grpark20
Thanks for the info. Only the first part number worked and if went to the security system. The second part number was listed as not available for a 2017 Super Duty...I'll have to make a trip to the dealer to find out the real deal. Has anyone actually installed the second part number only for the cell phone access for the start,lock, unlock. I just don't believe it is just $200, dealer fee and then $49 annually. Earlier in the post it was referenced that additional antennas where needed but unsure if that is for the security or just remote access.
It works with the 17 Super Duty. I've installed several already.

The extra antenna is only for the long range fobs. It is not required for the cell phone remote system.

What is required is the security module. That is the only place for the cell phone remote system to plug into.

If your truck currently does not have remote start on the key, then the remote start system on the truck must be activated (usually requires a trip to a dealer for IDS to turn it on, but some folks have figured it out with Forescan). The cell phone module must also be activated and a PIN generated, but that can only be done by a dealer. A few have had luck getting certain dealers to do this over the phone, since the truck technically doesn't have to be at the dealer to activate remote access.

Quick Reply: Remote Access and additional Vehicle security kit!