Budget LED headlights - Page 5 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Budget LED headlights

Old 01-20-2018, 07:11 PM
jsavelli
Senior User
jsavelli is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ok. Just check mine all out. Question...I can't remember if the upper white lites above rear window go in in reverse. If so mine do not

Old 01-20-2018, 07:28 PM
mikemorales
Senior User
mikemorales is starting off with a positive reputation.
Before with the Mori fogs.
After
After with beamtechs
Before

Old 01-20-2018, 08:32 PM
seth350
Freshman User
seth350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looks really nice mike. How does the down road visibility compare between the stock bulbs and the beamtechs?

Old 01-20-2018, 08:32 PM
GoDuke1
Senior User
GoDuke1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sorry no pics but, the light output is (no pun intended) night and day from the stock halogens. Nice bright white light now. No flickering, no error codes, DRLs work. So far very pleased and the price can't be beat! Fog lights are next!

Old 01-20-2018, 08:40 PM
barry1me
Senior User
barry1me is starting off with a positive reputation.
how do the aftermarket LED lights compare to the Lariat LED headlights

Old 01-20-2018, 08:42 PM
mikemorales
Senior User
In my opinion, I say they’re brighter than stocks. Had my wife check them out and she agrees with me as well. Haven’t seen any flicker. Highs are horrible but so we’re the stock so I’m ok with that. Happy with these so far.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:47 PM
mikemorales
Senior User
I say the output is excellent for the price.

Old 01-20-2018, 08:48 PM
seth350
Freshman User
seth350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
That is good to hear. Maybe it’s just my peepers but my trucks lights just don’t light up the road very well. Very little difference between low and high beam.

My other concern would be if new LED lights would be too bright and blind other drivers.

Old 01-20-2018, 09:05 PM
Blwnsmoke
Posting Guru
Blwnsmoke is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Blwnsmoke is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Great video to show how many LED bulbs are crap.

https://youtu.be/SQF5ESBHLrw

Old 01-20-2018, 10:05 PM
jsavelli
Senior User
When starting truck w lights on I get a flicker while cranking and initial startup. After start no issues. Anyone else....is it normal?

Old 01-21-2018, 08:53 AM
Poncho450
Posting Guru
Poncho450 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Poncho450 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by jsavelli View Post
When starting truck w lights on I get a flicker while cranking and initial startup. After start no issues. Anyone else....is it normal?
I'd say it's normal. It's probably just the draw that the starter is putting on the electrical system. Mine does it too. I'll bet if we'd been paying attention that they did it with the factory halogens also.
I never had my lights on auto or had DRL activated in FORScan when I had the halogens, so I wouldn't have seen any flicker when the starter was cranking.

As far as high/low beam difference - I can see where it throws the light further down the road. It's just not as intense as the low beam. That was also the case in my experience with the stock halogens and a supposedly better Sylvania halogen. These Beamtech are much better than those 2. Can't compare 'em to factory LED because I've never owned or ridden in a truck with them. But for $74 for all 4 bulbs I'm happy as hell with them.

Originally Posted by seth350 View Post
My other concern would be if new LED lights would be too bright and blind other drivers.
In the month or so I've had the Beamtech installed, I've been flashed exactly one time. If it ever becomes a concern, the lights could be adjusted downward a bit.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:08 AM
Poncho450
Posting Guru
Poncho450 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Poncho450 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Blwnsmoke View Post
Great video to show how many LED bulbs are crap.

https://youtu.be/SQF5ESBHLrw
Obviously an advertisement for Headlight Revolution. Probably not the most objective opinion.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:15 AM
Blwnsmoke
Posting Guru
Blwnsmoke is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Blwnsmoke is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Poncho450 View Post
Obviously an advertisement for Headlight Revolution. Probably not the most objective opinion.
Don't care who is advertising what. They showed 15 pairs and you can see it with your own eyes on all the different beam patterns. Some of those are just horrible.

It just goes to show what results are when putting a bulb in a housing that isn't designed for that bulb.

Old 01-21-2018, 09:26 AM
jsavelli
Senior User
Originally Posted by Poncho450 View Post
poncho. Thx for helping w leds they look great... keep it up...question...on start up I get a flicker then when truck turns over then they stay on. Have you noticed that?

Old 01-21-2018, 09:38 AM
Poncho450
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Blwnsmoke View Post
Don't care who is advertising what. They showed 15 pairs and you can see it with your own eyes on all the different beam patterns. Some of those are just horrible.

It just goes to show what results are when putting a bulb in a housing that isn't designed for that bulb.
Several guys here have had problems with their products. Several have no problems with them.
I used their LED reverse lights myself. They work as they should, but HR isn't as forthcoming about what they have on hand to ship and what's backordered as they should be. I waited 10 days with no tracking information or updates. When I contacted them my bulbs had "just come in and will ship today". Others got the same reply when they inquired. HR is now off my list of places to buy.
I don't care what they're advertising either. How hard is it for them to manipulate what gets put on a YouTube video to put their stuff in the most favorable view?
I'm happy with what I bought and it's a hell of a lot cheaper than HR.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Budget LED headlights

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.