Budget LED headlights - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Budget LED headlights

Old 12-23-2017, 07:49 PM
Poncho450
Posting Guru
Poncho450 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Poncho450 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Budget LED headlights

Got these BEAMTECH lights for $36.99 a pair from Amazon.
Amazon Amazon
Someone with a 2017 F250 gave them a good review so I thought I'd give them a shot for the money.
Installed this afternoon. Took a short 2 mile drive after dark. So far impressed. Nice white light. High & low beams both point where I think they should. Considerably better than factory and the Sylvania LXE that I got a bargain on and tried.
Time and some longer rides will tell if this was a good deal or not. Will keep an eye out for flicker, lens fogging and longevity and that will tell the tale.

Old 12-24-2017, 03:01 PM
FSRBIKER
Junior User
FSRBIKER is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm interested on how these are when you get to drive and test them out. Were these plug and play?

Old 12-24-2017, 05:03 PM
Poncho450
Posting Guru
Poncho450 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Poncho450 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by FSRBIKER View Post
I'm interested on how these are when you get to drive and test them out. Were these plug and play?
Yes, plug & play. I did use the supplied Allen wrench to adjust one bulb so that it faced left/right.
The other 3 went in fine and facing the correct way. The one needing adjustment may have been my impatience/inability to try one position and then move to the next and the next until it was facing the proper way.
As stated, I'm not ready to write a glowing review because they've only got about an hour of dark time use. So far I'm really liking the result. I'm happy with the color and brightness of both high and low beams. The Sylvania LXE that I tried had a very adequate low beam. But I was not impressed with the high beam. Light widely diffused and actually seemed a little worse than the low beams to me.
Time will tell if there are any flickers, shortened life span or fogged lens issues with these BEAMTECH. I'll report back if any of these occur.

Old 12-24-2017, 05:26 PM
Mike189677
Posting Guru
Mike189677 has a very good reputation on FTE.Mike189677 has a very good reputation on FTE.Mike189677 has a very good reputation on FTE.Mike189677 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I have the same lights in my truck but are branded aux beam but they are exactly the same and the same lights super bright led uses for their headlights, and several other company’s are using the same Phillips led chips too with a different heat sink or driver. I’ve had them for a few weeks now but don’t drive my truck every day I’m very happy with them. They have a nice cutoff and a functional high beam unlike many other led headlights. They have a year warranty and for what I paid I’d have no problem buying a new set every year if I had to. The lights with the led chips placed to mimic were the filaments on a halogen bulbs are a game changer as far I’m concerned, it ain’t no hid retrofit but I’m happy with it especially for the cost. If you do this make sure to check the aim of the headlights the way ford tells you to and adjust if necessary mine were aimed according to ford specs and the bulbs lined up perfect in the housing for me and the aim was also still perfect with the leds. Merry Christmas

Old 12-24-2017, 05:42 PM
ansfdev
Junior User
ansfdev is starting off with a positive reputation.
How the heck do you change the headlight bulbs?

There is like zero room to get in there and get them out.....

Old 12-24-2017, 05:43 PM
urname7698
Junior User
urname7698 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just rolled the dice on a pair too.. Seems worth a shot

Old 12-25-2017, 04:06 PM
Poncho450
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ansfdev View Post
How the heck do you change the headlight bulbs?

There is like zero room to get in there and get them out.....
2 ways.
a) Grill removal and then headlight housing removal. There are videos on YouTube.
b) Remove filler neck on washer tank for driver side. Remove snorkel for air breather on the passenger side. Still kinda tight, but much faster than removing grill and headlight housing. I've done it both ways.
Originally Posted by Mike189677 View Post
I have the same lights in my truck but are branded aux beam but they are exactly the same and the same lights super bright led uses for their headlights, and several other company’s are using the same Phillips led chips too with a different heat sink or driver.
Just snooping around Amazon I did notice other brands of LED headlight that I sure thought looked a lot like my Beamtechs. The price wasn't ridiculous. That's what made me decide to give them a whirl.

Old 12-26-2017, 04:21 PM
VoodooRob
Senior User
VoodooRob is starting off with a positive reputation.
Do they (Beamtech) have matching fogs?

Old 12-26-2017, 05:59 PM
ansfdev
Junior User
ansfdev is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Poncho450 View Post
2 ways.
a) Grill removal and then headlight housing removal. There are videos on YouTube.
b) Remove filler neck on washer tank for driver side. Remove snorkel for air breather on the passenger side. Still kinda tight, but much faster than removing grill and headlight housing. I've done it both ways.

Just snooping around Amazon I did notice other brands of LED headlight that I sure thought looked a lot like my Beamtechs. The price wasn't ridiculous. That's what made me decide to give them a whirl.

Thanks for the info!

Old 12-26-2017, 06:12 PM
37x13.5x24
New User
37x13.5x24 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have auxbeam 9005 in my fog lights and they are super bright. Looks like they may blind traffic so I keep them off. Will try to reaim them.

Old 12-26-2017, 06:30 PM
Poncho450
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by VoodooRob View Post
Do they (Beamtech) have matching fogs?
A search for "2017 F250 LED Fog Lights" on Amazon didn't turn up any Beamtech immediately, so I have a set of Alla 1600 lumens per bulb on order.
Amazon Amazon

Old 12-26-2017, 06:34 PM
Poncho450
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 37x13.5x24 View Post
I have auxbeam 9005 in my fog lights and they are super bright. Looks like they may blind traffic so I keep them off. Will try to reaim them.
Can the fogs be aimed? Never had occasion to even check that out.
At any rate I only use fogs in pretty crappy conditions and I try to shut them off for oncoming traffic.
Mine are mostly used for DRL. Kinda goofy seeing nice white LED low beams and the yellowish halogen fogs on at the same time. Hence my purchase of LED fogs.

Old 12-26-2017, 06:38 PM
37x13.5x24
New User
37x13.5x24 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Can the fogs be aimed? Never had occasion to even check that out.
At any rate I only use fogs in pretty crappy conditions and I try to shut them off for oncoming traffic.
Mine are mostly used for DRL. Kinda goofy seeing nice white LED low beams and the yellowish halogen fogs on at the same time. Hence my purchase of LED fogs.
I replaced the factory halogen headlights with OEM led headlights. Really wanted the C outline led running light. For fogs I went cheap because I had already burned $2000. The auxbeam has a screw which is meant for adjustment but I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make. The auxbeams are prob brighter than the factory low beam lol.

Old 12-26-2017, 06:52 PM
Mike189677
Posting Guru
Mike189677 has a very good reputation on FTE.Mike189677 has a very good reputation on FTE.Mike189677 has a very good reputation on FTE.Mike189677 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I would recommend going with the morimoto projector fog lights you can shop around and should be able to find them a bit cheaper instead of the 9005’s in the fogs the 9005 is a higher wattage than the fog light mostly used for a high beam. The bulbs like pancho posted don’t seem to work very well performance wise from what I’ve seen but don’t have much experience with them either, so they might be ok but they will light up the housing but output wise I wouldn’t expect much. https://www.theretrofitsource.com/as...to-xb-led.html

Old 12-30-2017, 08:37 PM
jsavelli
Senior User
jsavelli is starting off with a positive reputation.
2 ways.

just so I'm clear. U swapped out OEM halogens n put these in there place?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Budget LED headlights

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.