Budget LED headlights - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Budget LED headlights

Old 01-17-2018, 07:19 PM
soonerstroker
New User
soonerstroker is starting off with a positive reputation.
Very easy install. The only OEM bulb that gave me a problem to remove was the top driver's side. Besides that I was done in 30 minutes.

Old 01-17-2018, 08:31 PM
seth350
Freshman User
seth350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Anyone got pics?

Old 01-17-2018, 10:16 PM
diamondbackmike2004
Senior User
diamondbackmike2004 is starting off with a positive reputation.
whatever you do DO NOT BUY from www .headlightexperts . com

Old 01-18-2018, 07:19 AM
Poncho450
Posting Guru
Poncho450 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Poncho450 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by mikemorales View Post
went with the fanless model as well. yup, purchased 2 pair and should make for an interesting Saturday project. thanks again
That's what I've had in the truck for about a month, fanless. No problems at all to this point. And it didn't put too much of a dent in the checkbook.
At least if you have problems like you did with the other brand, Amazon has always been good about returns/exchanges/refunds the few times I've needed to.

so i wanna give these beamtechs a try. leaning towards the fan less model or is that older model and the fan one newer? i read on some online reviews about how the fan models can cause interference with the radio.how difficult is removing the halogens if i just remove the air dam and washer tube instead of removing the grill?
I've done it both ways - grille/headlight removal and removing the washer tank filler neck and the air intake snorkel. The second way is faster.
But I broke the little push in fastener that holds the washer tank neck. Luckily I keep an assortment of those on hand so I had one to replace it.
If you do the grille removal, one bolt between the bumper and the fender is a bear to get at. I managed to do it with a 1/4 inch drive extension.

Make sure you post back after you've installed them and tried them out. Just because I like them doesn't mean that you will. It'll give other guys some more information to work with if they're considering the change.

Old 01-18-2018, 09:36 AM
mikemorales
Senior User
mikemorales is starting off with a positive reputation.
i definitely will post some pics and just give some very short term about them.

Old 01-20-2018, 10:27 AM
jsavelli
Senior User
jsavelli is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just got mine getting ready to install. Has anyone had to make adjustments w tool provided?

Old 01-20-2018, 10:47 AM
GoDuke1
Senior User
GoDuke1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ordered some of these and they arrive today! Hopefully no issues.

Old 01-20-2018, 11:02 AM
mikemorales
Senior User
Mine are supposed to be delivered today as well. Update me on how yalls install went...Id yall dont mind.

Old 01-20-2018, 11:47 AM
Poncho450
Posting Guru
Poncho450 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Poncho450 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by jsavelli View Post
Just got mine getting ready to install. Has anyone had to make adjustments w tool provided?
I did with one bulb out of the 4. But looking back, it was more likely my fault that I didn't continue rotating the bulb and trying different positions during the initial install. Mostly because I was going by feel and couldn't see what I was doing that well.
Make sure that the LED chips are facing left and right (side to side) and not cocked even a little bit. That can mess up your light pattern is what I understand.
Another reminder that was probably stated before but worth mentioning again because it looks like a couple guys are doing it today - make sure the red gasket comes out with the factory bulbs. It'd be a bitch or impossible to get the light to seat in correctly if both the factory seal and the seal on the new bulb were there.

Old 01-20-2018, 12:32 PM
jsavelli
Senior User

Done and reverse. Listen to poncho. I put on w red gaskets n very tight. Til I noticed when one fell off how easy it was to twist on.

Old 01-20-2018, 12:42 PM
jsavelli
Senior User
Reverse is hard to see due to sunlight but no mo yellow

Old 01-20-2018, 01:51 PM
soonerstroker
New User
soonerstroker is starting off with a positive reputation.
Anyone have any good suggestions for front parking lights and rear brake lights? So far everything has worked as advertised for me and I just want to do them all.

Old 01-20-2018, 03:47 PM
GoDuke1
Senior User
GoDuke1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mine are supposed to be delivered today as well. Update me on how yalls install went...Id yall dont mind.
Got them installed this afternoon. I went the "remove the grill" method. Only broke 1 clip on the grill getting it off, no big deal. Getting the headlamp assemblies out and back in took holding my mouth right... but I got them back in. The bulbs were in there pretty good and tight. Make sure you get the gaskets off as 3 of the 4 came off on mine. Installation of the LEDs was a no brainer. Mine didn't need any adjustments out of the box.

Even taking off the grill, this was a 1 out of 5 wrench install. Now I have to wait until it gets dark to check everything out

Old 01-20-2018, 06:19 PM
seth350
Freshman User
seth350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looking good guys.

Should be getting dark for most of you guys, so chop chop with the night pics. J/k lol

Old 01-20-2018, 07:11 PM
mikemorales
Senior User
Well, I finally got them installed. Removed the snorkel and tube to get to them. Notes... had to remove the battery to get to the drivers side. Passenger side went smoothly , drivers side top light put up a knuckle grinding curse out loud fight but the pliers tip helped out and did the trick.ill post pics once it gets dark.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Budget LED headlights

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.