2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Budget LED headlights

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 05:14 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Received 940 Likes on 579 Posts
Originally Posted by jsavelli
just so I'm clear. U swapped out OEM halogens n put these in there place?
Yes sir. So far it's been a very good move.
And yesterday I swapped out the halogen fog lights for some Alla LED. With the LED low beam headlight pattern these fogs don't have as distinct of a pattern. But they were only $36.99 and I mostly installed them so that when the fogs and low beams are on for DRL that they are both the same color. Looks much better now with both sets of lights being white, instead of one white and the other a dingy yellow.

Old 12-31-2017, 06:55 PM
jsavelli
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Poncho450
Yes sir. So far it's been a very good move.
And yesterday I swapped out the halogen fog lights for some Alla LED. With the LED low beam headlight pattern these fogs don't have as distinct of a pattern. But they were only $36.99 and I mostly installed them so that when the fogs and low beams are on for DRL that they are both the same color. Looks much better now with both sets of lights being white, instead of one white and the other a dingy yellow.
I have xl no fogs. Is this plug and play? So I would have to buy 4 total? You left turn signals stock? I just got the raptor upgrade I won if that will still plug into these?

Old 01-01-2018, 07:20 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
I have xl no fogs. Is this plug and play? So I would have to buy 4 total? You left turn signals stock? I just got the raptor upgrade I won if that will still plug into these?
In my case it was plug & play. You buy 4 total. They come in pairs @ $36.99 per 2 bulbs. Each bulb is both high & low beam, you don't have to worry about mixing them up. You DO want to make sure that the LED chips are facing right and left, not up & down when installed. Any deviation will change the light pattern. They're adjustable and can be rotated if needed. I had to adjust 1 out of 4, but I'm beginning to think I should have backed the bulb out and tried another position before locking it into place.
My turn signals are untouched. I also have LED backup light bulbs. No issues with rapid turn signal flash.
I have no idea what your Raptor upgrade entails. Never looked into that for my truck.

Old 01-01-2018, 08:36 AM
cnm_mike
Senior User
What are you using as your backup LEDs?

Old 01-01-2018, 09:32 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by cnm_mike
What are you using as your backup LEDs?
I went with Headlight Revolution. Lights are fine. The company itself is hit or miss for service and having items in stock. My guess is that you can find the same basic LED backup light elsewhere for less money if you looked hard enough.
Some guys got things right away. Some (like me) did not. When I emailed to ask where my lights were after a couple of weeks, I got the same reply that others got. "shipping today. We were out of stock and just got some in."
Some guys had success with the headlights, others did not. I only got the backup lights from them and am satisfied after over a month of use.
But that being said, I won't order from them again just because of the length of time for the order to arrive and the not so timely replies when I wanted to know where the order was.

Old 01-01-2018, 09:41 AM
Millennium264
New User
OEM LED Headlamp Swap

Originally Posted by 37x13.5x24
I replaced the factory halogen headlights with OEM led headlights. Really wanted the C outline led running light. For fogs I went cheap because I had already burned $2000. The auxbeam has a screw which is meant for adjustment but I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make. The auxbeams are prob brighter than the factory low beam lol.
How did you do the LED light swap?

Old 01-01-2018, 01:12 PM
jsavelli
Senior User
In my case it was plug & play. You buy 4 total. They come in pairs @ $36.99 per 2 bulbs. Each bulb is both high & low beam, you don't have to worry about mixing them up. You DO want to make sure that the LED chips are facing right and left, not up & down when installed. Any deviation will change the light pattern. They're adjustable and can be rotated if needed. I had to adjust 1 out of 4, but I'm beginning to think I should have backed the bulb out and tried another position before locking it into place.
My turn signals are untouched. I also have LED backup light bulbs. No issues with rapid turn signal flash.
I have no idea what your Raptor upgrade entails. Never looked into that for my truck.
Nevermind about Raptors they plug into side markers all good there.
So what size is it H13? I have 2017 XL so we should have same halos. Does our OEM plug straight into these? Im new to the LED scene had a 6.0 2006 before this. I have seen all sorts of lights but am looking for down home people that are using specifics. Also looking at reverse/brake and license plate LED replacements.....but sounds like you had some customer service issues???
When you looked for replacements you have to measure size of current halos?

Old 01-01-2018, 01:41 PM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
So what size is it H13? I have 2017 XL so we should have same halos. Does our OEM plug straight into these? Im new to the LED scene had a 6.0 2006 before this. I have seen all sorts of lights but am looking for down home people that are using specifics. Also looking at reverse/brake and license plate LED replacements.....but sounds like you had some customer service issues???
When you looked for replacements you have to measure size of current halos?
Yes on H13. Here's what I bought:
Amazon Amazon
Not sure what you mean by halos. You mean the headlight lens or housing?
The new LED H13 are the exact same plug as factory. Not easy to remove old and install new, but they plug right in.
You either have to remove the grill and headlight assembly or remove the air intake snorkel in front of the battery on the passenger side and the filler neck for the washer fluid tank on the driver side.
Reverse lights are now also LED. As stated somewhere else, I like the lights just fine but the customer service from Headlight Revolution left something to be desired in my case. But others have had good luck buying there, so I guess you never know.
I've done it both ways. The grill removal way is slower.

Old 01-01-2018, 01:47 PM
jsavelli
Senior User
Yes on H13. Here's what I bought:https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Not sure what you mean by halos. You mean the headlight lens or housing?
The new LED H13 are the exact same plug as factory. Not easy to remove old and install new, but they plug right in.
You either have to remove the grill and headlight assembly or remove the air intake snorkel in front of the battery on the passenger side and the filler neck for the washer fluid tank on the driver side.
Reverse lights are now also LED. As stated somewhere else, I like the lights just fine but the customer service from Headlight Revolution left something to be desired in my case. But others have had good luck buying there, so I guess you never know.
I've done it both ways. The grill removal way is slower.
Halo...halogens....
so no led conversion kit just the bulbs....huh?
What about brake and reverse is that same plug and play? thx

Old 01-01-2018, 02:52 PM
urname7698
Cross-Country
Halo...halogens....
so no led conversion kit just the bulbs....huh?
What about brake and reverse is that same plug and play? thx
I replaced the headlights and reverse lights with LEDs and its plug and play. I would imagine the brake lights would be too but I haven't looked for a set yet. I also bought the Amazon LEDs linked in this thread. They are quite good and very easy to install. Easier than the factory bulbs since they have a couple inches of wire on the connector which makes it even easier to plug in

Old 01-01-2018, 04:28 PM
jsavelli
Senior User
Beamtech? For front and reverse?

Old 01-01-2018, 04:29 PM
Chinookman
More Turbo
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
anyone ever watch these vids?

Hey fellas...I found these guys while i was looking to upgrade my tundra.......

what I do like about them are the very detailed R&R of components and explanations....
even if you don't use/buy their items their videos appear to be some of the best I've found for the DIY guys....

Their MO seems to be a detailed breakdown of how to access an item like the headlight and will repeat it for each video. One for the headlamps, turn signals, and the parking light etc. Actually they will do this for upgrading every lamp in your specific vehicle very thorough....

Old 01-01-2018, 04:40 PM
urname7698
Cross-Country
Beamtech? For front and reverse?
Yep Beamtech H13s

Old 01-01-2018, 05:20 PM
ansfdev
Junior User
Anybody replaced the cargo lights that are in the brake light housing with LEDs yet?

Old 01-01-2018, 08:43 PM
jsavelli
Senior User
Originally Posted by urname7698
Yep Beamtech H13s
what type n brand for reverse?

Quick Reply: Budget LED headlights