2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Remote Access and additional Vehicle security kit!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 05:19 PM
Curt's05
Wiser by FTE

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by fitz2012
Has anyone been able to use this on a 2018? I was told it was not compatible for the 18's. Was just wondering if anyone has tried.
Yes, I just installed/activated on my 2018 6.7 Xlt! Many thanks to the people who post on this forum, and Mel at banner auto mnavarre@bannerauto.com He was very responsive
to my e-mail's. He Ok'ed his link for parts/programming. The a/c was activated , not sure if its auto or last used.

Old 06-20-2018, 07:31 PM
dminnv
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If any 2018 owners are interested, Keven at Fairway Ford can activate the RMU and provide the PIN #. The RMU’s are getting hard to find.. I got the last one Tasca had but they had no interest in activating it for me saying I needed to take to my local dealer. Even though I only bought the alarm module from Fairway Keven had no problem activating the RMU for me. They will get my online parts business from now on due to Keven’s great customer service.

Old 12-17-2018, 03:45 PM
saucemann
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Has anyone successfully added a siren on to VSS system?

Old 02-22-2019, 05:59 PM
pstroke
Junior User
Added to my 2017 F350 King Ranch and works like a champ.

Allie at Banner Ford helped me over the phone and had it done in 5 minutes. It was the first time she had programmed one. Kudos to Banner Ford!

Old 01-17-2020, 04:10 PM
terrilynn1976
New User
New Sim and passcode

Originally Posted by SuperDuty417
For anyone that wants the addition "start, stop, locate, lock, unlock all from your iPhone" and get text and emailed when your SD is being broken into or just bumped have the remote access kit and additional vehicle security kit installed. I have had it on my truck for a couple months and have caught some guys in the parking lot of Home Depot, while I was inside, trying to steal stuff out of the bed of my truck. I was sent a text and immediately walked outside and there they were. *** beating time. I've put a Retrax powerttax MX pro on now, but it's still nice to know that I have the additional equipment keeping my truck and my belongings inside safe. Without this added security, someone can bust a window and the alarm will not sound. Which is ridiculous, but true. All the '18's will have Ford Pass, which is the free, phone application. If you have a '17, go get these two items installed, you can thank me later!
Can I get a new Sim and pin code? I have a 2017 Ford Escape?

Moderator's Note: This post is approved for discussion, as there is greater benefit to meeting the informational interests of all members, under the presumption of good faith, affording every benefit of doubt.

However, readers are cautioned to consider the nature of the questions, and the poster is advised to be prepared for such caution in any responses.

An example of observations leading to skepticism include stating "I have a 2017 Ford Escape" in post, while stating "2019 Escape" in profile.

Such scrutiny is not given to every new member, or every new post; but in certain cases, especially related to remote access to vehicles while lacking the credentials that owners normally have, there is bound to be a second look when a post generates flags (this post was flagged). Hence, the caution.

Old 12-13-2020, 08:44 AM
Whitlock75
New User
Originally Posted by Pocket
It works with the 17 Super Duty. I've installed several already.

The extra antenna is only for the long range fobs. It is not required for the cell phone remote system.

What is required is the security module. That is the only place for the cell phone remote system to plug into.

If your truck currently does not have remote start on the key, then the remote start system on the truck must be activated (usually requires a trip to a dealer for IDS to turn it on, but some folks have figured it out with Forescan). The cell phone module must also be activated and a PIN generated, but that can only be done by a dealer. A few have had luck getting certain dealers to do this over the phone, since the truck technically doesn't have to be at the dealer to activate remote access.
Could you call me and explain exactly how to do this?

Old 12-13-2020, 09:00 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Received 948 Likes on 583 Posts
Originally Posted by Whitlock75
Could you call me and explain exactly how to do this?
I've saved this link for such an occasion where someone might need it, even though I haven't had a use for it in quite some time.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7e...dBeWpTVk0/view

Old 12-13-2020, 09:01 AM
Whitlock75
New User
Originally Posted by NorEasterMA
Slapped this system into my '17 today, activated by Kevin at Fairway Ford in under 5 minutes. It's awesome and now I have "local" remote start on my factory key-fob, and then "remote" lock/unlock/start/stop on my phone from anywhere. Plus, I now have the shock sensor which will send an alert to my phone from anywhere. Very cool stuff.

Where is Fairway Ford located?

Old 12-13-2020, 09:06 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Where is Fairway Ford located?
Ohio. But that doesn't matter. They can activate anywhere. They've done one for me and I'm on the NY/Canada border. Banner Ford in Louisiana has done one for me in the past.
You show a photo of the the old Remote Access app. I just deleted a bookmark I had for that, but it says that all support for that old app ends on 12/31/20.
http://fordremoteaccess.com/en/

Old 12-13-2020, 09:33 AM
Whitlock75
New User
Is there a system that will take the place of the current one?

Old 12-13-2020, 09:34 AM
Whitlock75
New User
Originally Posted by Poncho450
Ohio. But that doesn't matter. They can activate anywhere. They've done one for me and I'm on the NY/Canada border. Banner Ford in Louisiana has done one for me in the past.
You show a photo of the the old Remote Access app. I just deleted a bookmark I had for that, but it says that all support for that old app ends on 12/31/20.
Ford Custom Accessories | Remote Access

Old 12-13-2020, 09:51 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Probably not from Ford as far as cell phone app starting. Many of the new models have a built in modem and can be started remotely with the FordPass app. But if your truck isn't modem equipped then you're probably out of luck for a Ford option and will have to visit the aftermarket. You might be able to buy Ford modules for key fob starting. But I couldn't say with any accuracy because I haven't the need to check those options out because my truck is modem equipped.
Viper has the SmartStart app for their applications. I had one several years ago and worked at least as good as Ford's app, which is not fantastic by the way. Several on the forum have used 12 Volt Solutions. Reviews seem to be mixed. I'm not sure if they have a phone app option or not, I've never had occasion to check them out.
I have no idea what you have for a truck. If you put it in your signature it'll be there for every post. Very handy for anyone trying to help out when they can look and see immediately what you have.
Also, one quote you used was from a post well over 2 years old. Forum poster Pocket helped me immensely a few times when I was installing remote starts in 2014 and 2016 models. But I haven't seen any posts from him in quite some time.

Old 12-13-2020, 12:29 PM
Curt's05
Wiser by FTE

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
We have some time left;
AT&T will shut down its 3G network in early 2022 as the company shifts its ... Verizon said in a recent filing it is “aggressively refarming 3G bands” for 4G ... to help us, until something happens to one of their loved ones and it ...

Old 12-13-2020, 12:55 PM
TXFORD17
Trailering
Sleep mode

Has anyone had any issues with their remote access going into a “sleep mode”. I’ve tried doing a scheduled start, disconnecting the batteries, disconnecting module, logging off and back on app, deleting it and even tried calling the company that provides the service to it and no dice. They were able to send a signal to my truck and confirmed it’s working but will not work off the app.

Old 12-13-2020, 06:51 PM
displacement4me
More Turbo

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TXFORD17
Has anyone had any issues with their remote access going into a “sleep mode”. I’ve tried doing a scheduled start, disconnecting the batteries, disconnecting module, logging off and back on app, deleting it and even tried calling the company that provides the service to it and no dice. They were able to send a signal to my truck and confirmed it’s working but will not work off the app.
If it’s showing Sleep Mode, you should be able to set a wake-up with enough of an advance to bring it out of sleep mode and allow a remote start through the app, usually a few hours prior.
If it’s in sleep mode and you want to start the vehicle, you need to use the key fob. Once the key is in the ignition and the vehicle is running, it should clear the Sleep Mode icon.

I believe it goes in to Sleep Mode 72 hours of the vehicle being parked/inactive to prevent battery drawdown.

Quick Reply: Remote Access and additional Vehicle security kit!