Toyhauler modifications thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 10:26 AM
dlibson
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, only use the tank if on full hook ups. Randy's smart enough for that one!

Old 12-16-2015, 10:46 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,199 Likes on 573 Posts
Dave, what I meant was that the OEM installs don't even have the washer drain going into the tank at all. It just goes straight to the 3" outlet after the sewer valves. So, you'd need to be on full hookups with your hose attached for sure.

Old 12-16-2015, 11:05 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,005 Likes on 1,601 Posts
Just run a drain hose under the neighbor's rig in the middle of the night......

Old 12-16-2015, 11:31 AM
dlibson
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Dave, what I meant was that the OEM installs don't even have the washer drain going into the tank at all. It just goes straight to the 3" outlet after the sewer valves. So, you'd need to be on full hookups with your hose attached for sure.
I know. I was just saying the same thing basically. Tank or not, full hook ups needed!

I like Roy's idea the best though! LOL

Old 12-16-2015, 01:18 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Thanks Dave...

Actually, I was planning on running the water as you had. I also thought I would dump into the rear grey water tank (there are two on this rig) as the grey is always open to the dump valve.. Either way - tieing up in the dump plumbing vs. going into the grey tank - if the slinky is not hooked up, the exhaust water from the washer would either backup into the dump plumbing, or if the grey dump valve is open, it would backup into the grey tank - right?
Or
I could just install another 3" dump tube and "Y" into the dump receptacle here at the park..
Easy is not always best though...

Old 12-21-2015, 10:11 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
Got the kayak rack mounts and padding done today. Will see if the padding is tough enough to hold up. Both kayaks are strapped in and ready to go now. Picked up some 3/8 J bolts and ***** from ACE to hold it to the floor. Going to use the same method for the bike rack, which I cut down the final time today so it will play nice with the kayaks. New air compressor is hiding in front of the kayak rack, Flexzilla air hose will be here tomorrow! Think I'm close to ready to go to Florida now!

Name:  yakrackmt1_zpsyz9ncszi.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  345.9 KB

Name:  yakrackmt_zpshzdy3h4m.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  349.0 KB

Old 12-21-2015, 11:42 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

I am taking a wild guess.........Seem that you are a wee bit excited about this trip............

Old 12-22-2015, 06:57 AM
Oldguyfl
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ferguson65
Got the kayak rack mounts and padding done today. Will see if the padding is tough enough to hold up. Both kayaks are strapped in and ready to go now. Picked up some 3/8 J bolts and ***** from ACE to hold it to the floor. Going to use the same method for the bike rack, which I cut down the final time today so it will play nice with the kayaks.
Rather than use that foam, go to the dollar general or walmart and get those pool float noodles.. I cut them to length and slit them on one side. They are great. Also come in two sizes. This padding WILL hold up . Cheap too. A noodle here costs about a buck for a 5' piece.

Old 12-22-2015, 07:25 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Looks plenty sturdy to me Scott... Nice work!

Old 12-28-2015, 09:59 PM
cabindoc
Laughing Gas
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Your giving me too many ideas! STOP. I cant keep up with all these mods...., no really, Nice work Scott.

Old 01-02-2016, 09:22 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by cabindoc
Your giving me too many ideas! STOP. I cant keep up with all these mods...., no really, Nice work Scott.
I'd love to comply, but I keep coming up with more..........did this Christmas Eve before I had to cancel Florida. Much better than the old pins.

Still need to do the tote tank hose holder, and still debating doing the fantastic fan in the bathroom. I'd like to do a slide topper but some other things are keeping it out of the budget right now.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:08 AM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Fantastic Fan is a nice upgrade in the bathroom. Fantastic offer a variety of models and because we can access the fan (lower height) i installed the 3 speed, reversible model.
Nice change, moves quite a bit more air then the tiny little fan and is much quieter.

Old 01-03-2016, 07:45 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by porthole
Fantastic Fan is a nice upgrade in the bathroom. Fantastic offer a variety of models and because we can access the fan (lower height) i installed the 3 speed, reversible model.
Nice change, moves quite a bit more air then the tiny little fan and is much quieter.
Had that one in my Wildcat 5th wheel some years ago......it was Fantastic.....

Really was

Old 01-03-2016, 08:38 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Thanks for the confirmation on that one guys! I do believe I'm going to spring for that. Been doing some research on which model, will be reversible at minimum, probably get the thermostat option too as it's only about $30 more. Though I'm still debating the fancy shiny remote controlled one..............................................

Decided the extra $100 for a rain sensor and remote I really don't need wasn't worth it, since I'm going to put a cover on it. Ordered the 2250 fan (reverse, t stat) and smoke fan cover. Neither were eligible for amazon prime so I had to get my *** in gear. Dropping trailer at dealer Saturday for inspection and a few other things. I'm not crazy about fooling with the roof so I'll have them do it.

Think I've managed to spend my Florida budget.................................Need a break from mods now!

Old 01-05-2016, 07:07 PM
cabindoc
Laughing Gas
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Ferguson65
I'd love to comply, but I keep coming up with more..........did this Christmas Eve before I had to cancel Florida. Much better than the old pins.

Still need to do the tote tank hose holder, and still debating doing the fantastic fan in the bathroom. I'd like to do a slide topper but some other things are keeping it out of the budget right now.
Did you install the diamond plate? How did you install the hose holder underneath? All I see is the coreplas and I know that wont hold crap

Quick Reply: Toyhauler modifications thread