Toyhauler modifications thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 09:07 AM
tmilicia
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
We should work on that together Tony. You know the newer XLR's already have more than ours do. They have the blue LED's under the lip of the bathroom sink, in the bedroom headboard, and under the lip around the kitchen island.

Hey, Bob get you your parts and make your appointment yet? If not, keep on him. XLR just released 8 new floor plans and he's more busy than ever. Don't want you to get forgotten.
Yes, that's what I would like to do, put the lighting under the lips of the counters like they're doing now. I'm going to see if they can run me a 12v line into my kitchen island while they have my belly down.

I received my new brake magnet and installed it last night, pretty easy job. The problem with the original magnet was that the wire clips inside the drum came off the arm and the wires got ripped apart. I didn't get my appointment yet, but I texted Bob this morning so he won't forget about me.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:10 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,183 Likes on 568 Posts
They will do that for you. They did all kinds of stuff like that for me when I was in.

If Bob doesn't get back to you by the end of the week, call him on Friday. The best time of day is between 1-3 in the afternoon.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:04 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
Been a while since I messed around with the camper, but doesn't mean I wasn't stocking up on parts or drawing up ideas...................

Got the kayak rack drawn up this week, got materials and built it today. Just needs some cushion around the wood frame and its good to go. Immediately after setting it in the trailer and loading the kayaks in I realized a mistake. Had I built it higher, I could still have usable storage space underneath. It may get a "lift kit" at some point. Bike rack needs cut down about 2" to make them play nice together yet. But happy with the result overall.

Name:  yakrack_zpsffd2f3yp.jpg
Views: 897
Size:  170.7 KB

Aside from that I've got a pretty good mod list to get done before we head to Florida Dec 26. Hoping to find the time to get it all done, though nothing is really super time consuming...............

Landing gear spring loaded pins
TST TPMS
D&W super slider sewer hose tube
Awning support poles and brackets
Low point drain 1/4 turn valves

Old 11-29-2015, 08:17 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,946 Likes on 1,580 Posts
Nice start on your duties Scott...........

Old 12-13-2015, 07:42 AM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Got a great day yesterday and got almost everything wrapped up on the trailer!

1/4 turn low point drains

Name:  lpd_zpsoqcni99f.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  161.2 KB

D&W sewer hose tube that fits my 15' rhinoflex hose, clear 45 adapter and threaded rhinoflex adapter. Had to screw up the saggy coroplast to make room. Also had to move one of the factory coroplast fasteners......What the hell are they? Socket stripped it, too small to grab with visegrips, finally just knocked it off with a chisel...................I was going to go behind the spare to save dealing with the coroplast, but decided to save that space for a shorter tube for my tote tank hose. I didn't use the center support bracket I bought for it. It did make for a great template for bolt holes though. Tube feels solid, but I will probably put it on. Didn't feel like making and painting another crossmember yesterday.

Name:  hosetube2_zpsku1qe7db.jpg
Views: 875
Size:  151.2 KB

Name:  hosetube1_zpsqp1dkfjz.jpg
Views: 864
Size:  221.4 KB

Also noticed the rear steps were really moving a lot. Turns out there are brackets welded to the frame and holes in the steps to bolt them to the lower edge of the framerail. FR just never drilled a hole in the frame bracket. 10 minutes to track down the bolts and drill 2 holes and the steps are rock solid now! Fronts are the same but don't rock. Will probably drill the holes and bolt it anyway.

Name:  steps_zpsstg6dexj.jpg
Views: 859
Size:  190.5 KB

Also got the TST 507 tpms installed and trailer tire pressures set. Less than 2 weeks til we head for Florida!

Old 12-13-2015, 08:38 AM
System
Prolocutor
Good work Scott. On mine, half the coroplast fasteners were self tappers. The other half looked identical and even had a socket type head but were actually rivets of some kind. I'm guessing that's what you have. When my rig was back at XLR, I had them use all self tappers instead of rivets so I could remove the belly without having to fight out rivets if needed.

Enjoy your trip to FL. With all the warm weather we're having, I'm wishing I was in ours right about now! I am so inspired I've been working on our trip to the G2G in July. Going to stop at XLR for some repairs and then move up to a campground outside Chicago. I'll stay there a couple of days and pick up my girls at the airport before continuing to Dells. An interesting note for our return trip is some of the service plaza's in OH have RV overnight parking with full hookups for $20. Makes for a more comfy stay than a Walmart lot off the highway with no electric for AC.

Old 12-13-2015, 03:29 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Good work Scott. On mine, half the coroplast fasteners were self tappers. The other half looked identical and even had a socket type head but were actually rivets of some kind. I'm guessing that's what you have. When my rig was back at XLR, I had them use all self tappers instead of rivets so I could remove the belly without having to fight out rivets if needed.

I can buy that. I looked at it today and it appears that where the dealer pulled the corplast off to fix the "extra" hole in the floor they just knocked the heads off them too, then reinstalled with self tappers. I'm in full agreement with you about the serviceability of the self tappers.

Enjoy your trip to FL. With all the warm weather we're having, I'm wishing I was in ours right about now! I am so inspired I've been working on our trip to the G2G in July.

We will...................Just got a call from my buddy who was towing hs trailer down alongside us.............................He and his wife are bailing. Guess it'll be 4 of us! Funny it was his idea. Dells, very, very doubtful for us.

An interesting note for our return trip is some of the service plaza's in OH have RV overnight parking with full hookups for $20. Makes for a more comfy stay than a Walmart lot off the highway with no electric for AC.

Something nice in Ohio? Holy ****!

Old 12-13-2015, 03:53 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice work Scott!

Old 12-15-2015, 06:17 AM
System
Prolocutor
To bad on Dells. It's going to be a great trip!

Old 12-15-2015, 07:31 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
To bad on Dells. It's going to be a great trip!

I would love to go. This year will likely be too difficult. More on that soon enough.

Old 12-15-2015, 07:34 PM
System
Prolocutor
Do you know if it's a boy or girl yet?

Old 12-15-2015, 07:48 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Do you know if it's a boy or girl yet?

LOL. WAAAAY to soon to know. Really still too soon to even be talking about it. Fingers crossed though.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:56 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Ferguson65
LOL. WAAAAY to soon to know. Really still too soon to even be talking about it. Fingers crossed though.
Have fun!!!!

I'm out on the GTG with the camper... It's staying put here in AZ as I leased this spot for the year. We may end up with a Park Model eventually..
Meanwhile, I am looking into moving a full sized Washer & Dryer into the Garage section of the camper - which means I will loose my little work-shop.
Not to worry though - I can build a non-permanent small shed (not to exceed 120 square feet and 8' height) on the lot.

I bought a small enclosed trailer for the SxS to haul that back home in the spring and we will also use it on the longer rides here where we will tow out into the mountains and start from there..

Old 12-16-2015, 10:03 AM
dlibson
Hotshot
We had washer/dryer in ours Randy. Grabbed water at the sink and through the cabinet and wall. Ran drain to the curb side and caught the tank there...

Old 12-16-2015, 10:24 AM
System
Prolocutor
Just a washer/dryer FYI. The factory installed hookups bypass the tanks and go straight to the outlet to avoid filling the grey too quickly or overfilling and backing up.

Quick Reply: Toyhauler modifications thread