Progress ... hanging sheetmetal!! - Page 4 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Progress ... hanging sheetmetal!!

Old 10-07-2011, 09:04 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all
Nice! Pretty soon you'll be driving this rig.

Old 10-08-2011, 05:31 AM
Chicago Fire Patrol
Posting Guru
Chicago Fire Patrol has a great reputation on FTE.Chicago Fire Patrol has a great reputation on FTE.Chicago Fire Patrol has a great reputation on FTE.Chicago Fire Patrol has a great reputation on FTE.
Thanks can't wait to drive it again ... its been over 2 years now.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:53 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Chicago Fire Patrol View Post
Also been working on the interior wood and hope to have it painted in place next week. The truck still had the Lombard Village ID sticker that was placed on the steering column in 1960.

Is that for Lombard, IL?! I used to live there! I'm surprised the truck wasn't painted lavender, every other damn thing in town is. Lombard is the Lilac City, even the garbage trucks were lavender.

How much are you going to disassemble for final paint?

Old 10-08-2011, 10:48 AM
ibuzzard
Gone But Not Forgotten
ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.ibuzzard has a great reputation on FTE.
Ross, lavender seems to be a very popular color among some here in Cali.

Keith,that is really going to be a great rig.The craftsmanship is impeccable, we appreciate your efforts, as well as the plentiful photos/documentation.

Old 10-08-2011, 11:11 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant futurebobbytnm has a brilliant future
This sure is a fun thread to keep tabs on. I think you are doing a great job and I'm glad you're posting pics as you go along.

Keep up the good work!
Bobby

Old 10-08-2011, 02:38 PM
rtcalabrojr
Darksider
rtcalabrojr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cool truck, cant wait to see it all done!

Old 10-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Chicago Fire Patrol
Posting Guru
Chicago Fire Patrol has a great reputation on FTE.Chicago Fire Patrol has a great reputation on FTE.Chicago Fire Patrol has a great reputation on FTE.Chicago Fire Patrol has a great reputation on FTE.
Thanks guys for the nice comments and encouragement!!

Ross, yes it is Lombard IL where the truck was in service from 60-81. Here is a colorized picture I have posted before when it was their ladder truck.

As far as disassembly goes I plan on leaving the all the compartment and the 3 main doors off.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:16 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Post Fiend
ALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputationALBUQ F-1 has a superb reputation
I turned over my calendar to October the other day, here's the pic from it.

Attached Images  
Old 10-08-2011, 08:21 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all51PanelMan is a name known to all
I have that same print, but on a tin sign. That reminds me, I haven't seen it in a while. Must be packed away somewhere.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:18 AM
Chicago Fire Patrol
Posting Guru
Got my 3rd and final door back. My friend had to rebuild the whole door. We had some issues with the fit (not his fault as he built it to the original door specs). We had to take it apart and he will have to do some modifications to it. You can see in the photo it bowed out near the top of the door and it would not close properly. It will be an easy fix for him. Next week we will work on getting all the doors put together and the new window glass installed. Then hanging them. The doors were a major concern of mine during the restoration but now they are almost done.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:23 AM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
Nice..!! You keep pushing me (thanks!).. gotta get back in the shop today..

Sam

Old 10-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Chicago Fire Patrol
Posting Guru
Sam a little at a time and the next thing you know its done!

Old 10-22-2011, 03:31 PM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Chicago Fire Patrol View Post
Sam a little at a time and the next thing you know its done!
guess my pace is wrong.. last time, little at a time took 10 yrs!!..

but I can't wait to see your fire truck finished.. its a beauty already!

Sam

Old 10-29-2011, 10:05 PM
Chicago Fire Patrol
Posting Guru
Got the repaired door back. He remade the top half so its a 2 piece now. We glued it together and have it clamped till Monday. We also got the A-Pillars filled with 1/8 inch sheet metal. Next week the doors will be put together and hung.

Old 10-30-2011, 12:51 PM
bman1080
Freshman User
bman1080 is starting off with a positive reputation.
This looks great! We have a 1955 Ford at my department just sitting. This makes me want to ask Chief to start working on it some.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Progress ... hanging sheetmetal!!

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.