Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

What Have YOU Done To Your Truck Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2021, 02:59 PM
Henk de Boer
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanx for the tip! I won't use Rustoleum!

Do you know Raptor?
https://www.raptorliner.eu/?gclid=Cj...kaAmkXEALw_wcB.
Or does anyone here know this stuff?

Old 04-12-2021, 04:29 PM
Its_Green
Tuned
Received 84 Likes on 53 Posts
Got it registered and insured. Just need to get is driveable now.

Old 04-12-2021, 07:03 PM
SlikWillie
Cargo Master
Received 619 Likes on 362 Posts
Originally Posted by Henk de Boer

Do you know Raptor?
I've only seen it advertised. And of course, they're going to say it's the best stuff on the market in their advertisement. I also had bad luck with "Chassis Saver". It went on beautifully but has been flacking off in the last three years.

Old 04-12-2021, 09:08 PM
symonds86
Laughing Gas
Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
I also renewed my insurance, haven't touched the poor truck I a month. Hopefully the nice weather will get me goin again really only lack ordering custom aluminum driveshaft and ordering the tuner and letting the tuner tune tune it.
​​​

Old 04-13-2021, 12:59 AM
77 HOS
More Turbo
Received 167 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by Henk de Boer

Do you know Raptor?
Ive used raptor. It looks great and feels great.
inside the cab and the bed.
cab was easy. Bed I spent hours and hours scraping an old rubberized coating with rust under it from trapped water. It was all beat up. I assume it was rustoleum.
anyway.... It hardens to a plastic like hard shell feel like line x. Its not nearly as tough. And since hard stuff slides. Any hard edges it dosent take much more that paint to chip, it wont scratch like paint but if you took a flat screwdriver you could gouge it unlike the commercial products like line x
It also took one full kit to do the inside if the truck cab and one and half to do the bed. I'm 3 kits in at 100 a pop think have 2 bottles left. May do the bottom body line down with it. I'll get some pics

More done today
Finished carb rebuild sonic machine removed anodizing so painted the bowls to cover the ugly. Painted calipers and master. Still needs clear

Old 04-13-2021, 01:43 AM
77 HOS
More Turbo
Received 167 Likes on 121 Posts
One more raptor tip. They give you rollers to use, their junk crap and begin to fall apart in minutes of use.
Been a while but when I did the cab I remember I knew I was going to do the bed so mid project on the cab i went and purchased another kit knowing id use it but i needed the rollers to finish the cab inside. I tried everything else i had and nothing worked with the right texture except dabbing it with a brush.
when i went to do the bed I searched for weeks ans came up with this from home depot or lowes I cant remember. It was expensive for a roller not sure what its made of but it does not break down at all and leaves good rexture, just like raptor rollers do for 15 seconds.
only a little piece left, was a normal size roller and I cut with saw into two 3 inch rollers. This was leftover. I could have done it with just one but it dries within hour and it wasnt worth cleaning for second coat
excuse mess inside no seat or shifters. In middle of build. Only got little pic of tailgate and no chips gouge pics due to bed is full of parts. And cardboard liner so I would not scratch it up.

Could spray it too they sell a gun.

Old 04-13-2021, 04:57 PM
black & blue 78/9
Laughing Gas
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Towing

Yesterday Monday Was towing this through the residentual area of Ashville NC. Tow from Petosky Mi to Ashville.. Hilly and curvy. Too heavy?

Unloaded. Well for the most part.

Old 04-13-2021, 06:15 PM
black & blue 78/9
Laughing Gas
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Unloaded weight. Fuel full, all occupents and luggage loaded.

Old 04-14-2021, 05:02 PM
Henk de Boer
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 77 HOS
One more raptor tip. They give you rollers to use, their junk crap and begin to fall apart in minutes of use.
Been a while but when I did the cab I remember I knew I was going to do the bed so mid project on the cab i went and purchased another kit knowing id use it but i needed the rollers to finish the cab inside. I tried everything else i had and nothing worked with the right texture except dabbing it with a brush.
when i went to do the bed I searched for weeks ans came up with this from home depot or lowes I cant remember. It was expensive for a roller not sure what its made of but it does not break down at all and leaves good rexture, just like raptor rollers do for 15 seconds.
only a little piece left, was a normal size roller and I cut with saw into two 3 inch rollers. This was leftover. I could have done it with just one but it dries within hour and it wasnt worth cleaning for second coat
excuse mess inside no seat or shifters. In middle of build. Only got little pic of tailgate and no chips gouge pics due to bed is full of parts. And cardboard liner so I would not scratch it up.

Could spray it too they sell a gun.

Thanx for the tip! Good to know that a roller doesn't work.
You did a great job although the rollers were crap
I think I'm going to spray the bed with the Light Blue colour and Raptor to protect. Or some other Bedliner. I like the colour look more than just plain black.....

Old 04-17-2021, 06:41 PM
First_American_Vehicle
New User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Put in some fresh tail lights.

Not a huge difference but it’s always the little things that stick out to me.

The following users liked this post:
Old 04-26-2021, 12:09 PM
jakeharp
Fleet Mechanic
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Finally got the precision door and window seal kit, took about 2 months to show up, factory to door order only although it was thru JEGS. Got both doors done this weekend, the first took some time with help from some online videos, the wing windows were a PITA, but now both windows are nice and tight, sealed great, no more rattle clank clank when driving down the road, new door panels, waiting on the finger cups for the armrests....pretty happy with the results, will be real nice without the glass banging around. Kit comes with new runners, felt and rubber for both doors, windshield and back window..

New seals, tracks, runners, panel

The following users liked this post:
Old 04-26-2021, 02:01 PM
lasermike
Laughing Gas
Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
It was actually last week but I finally finished plumbing all 3 tanks to the new solenoids I installed last summer.

Now not only can I switch the gauge like normal for a ‘74, I can switch tanks without fumbling for the valve on the floor like a ‘75 and up. The switch has 3 positions, Aux - Main - Saddle. The saddle doesn’t have a sender, I’m ok with that since it’s so easy to switch now.

All of this is powered by the new add-on fuse box on the passenger inner fender.

Michael

Old 04-26-2021, 03:08 PM
meangreen92
Logistics Pro
Received 82 Likes on 73 Posts
Yesterday I reached into the driver's seatbelt retractor and unplugged the wire which runs into it. Now my seatbelt buzzer doesn't sound, but the seatbelt warning light still illuminates for its 'prove out' period. The buzzer actually drags down my starter, believe it or not! I can turn on the headlights with the heater fan on high, and it will crank up no problem. But if that buzzer is sounding, it acts like it has a dead battery or a bad starter. Who knew that that buzzer was such a huge current draw!!
Then I drove it to Home Depot and brought home twelve 2"x3"x8's and two full sheets of drywall laying flat in the bed with the tailgate closed! That and a box of common nails which rode on the seat with me...

Old 04-26-2021, 08:02 PM
John89
Fleet Mechanic
Received 140 Likes on 116 Posts
Ordered some parts for a major job once school lets out.

Rear main is leaking and so is the transmission to transfer case. We are going to go ahead and install a new clutch since it will all be apart.

Not really looking forward to dropping the t-case and transmission, but it is what it is.

I'll post pics once we get started.

Old 05-01-2021, 11:31 AM
bjlmertens
New User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mounted new rims and tires

Took me a while to find rims i liked and could buy in the Netherlands.
but i love them 👍🏻

The following 2 users liked this post by bjlmertens:

Quick Reply: What Have YOU Done To Your Truck Today?