Manitoba / Saskatchewan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fomoko1

No topic thread,,, Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 07:21 PM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The SPCA visits tear me apart too Morris... I wish I had more time for more pooches.

Us talking about selling our sleds, Collin goes and buys another... I gotta start farming Just kidding bud!!

Old 01-19-2015, 07:27 PM
Corner Gas
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
What can I say, got to keep the wife happy. Lol she went most of last winter without a sled.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:50 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,353 Likes on 1,112 Posts
I had my fill and more of chicken pen cleaning as a kid with no other possible choice.
I love your new family wheels, momma would certainly like one too but with the few miles she makes it`s not practical since we take my F150 almost everywhere we go.
Nice work on your 56 John! This is an old picture of mine along with it`s bigger brother.
nothing like a skid steer to move pianos, that one of the few things I have yet to do with my Bobcat. Where did the player piano go, same place?
Glad to hear that Matthew is feeling better.
I`m glad we`re out of the -20°C range here, mostly just below freezing. Hopefully your area warms up soon too.
I dread visits to the SPCA too Sherm, I would bring home as many as possible but we all know that not practical or fair to the animals. I was pleasantly surprised that they weren`t over crowded with dogs but they did have a lot of cats and kittens looking for home. Last fall they were over crowded so they dropped adoption fees to help find more homes for them, happily it worked great.

Attached Images  
Old 01-19-2015, 08:17 PM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by 56panelford

Well I got it on the frame this morning. Going to let the ice and snow melt before I start tearing the front suspension of it.
ATTA BOY JOHN! I don't know how I missed that. How'd the lift work? was it steady? Looks like ya got a low tire on the front Keep up the good work. Got my headers, u-joint flange, and engine lift plate today. My alt & P/S brackets will be in by the weekend. I'll ceramic coat the headers this weekend. I found the Heater box and core in the shed on the weekend, along with all the headlite goodies. Good lookin truck's Morris. Do you work on the 56 in the winter?

Old 01-19-2015, 08:53 PM
Fomoko1
Originally Posted by yamagrant
ATTA BOY JOHN! I don't know how I missed that. How'd the lift work? was it steady? Looks like ya got a low tire on the front Keep up the good work. Got my headers, u-joint flange, and engine lift plate today. My alt & P/S brackets will be in by the weekend. I'll ceramic coat the headers this weekend. I found the Heater box and core in the shed on the weekend, along with all the headlite goodies. Good lookin truck's Morris. Do you work on the 56 in the winter?
Nice up dates on your trucks John and Grant.
Sadly this 56 M100 has been sitting in my friend`s garage/shop for about 4 yrs now waiting for final body work and paint, he`s been busy with life, a career change plus a few health issues.

Old 01-20-2015, 05:56 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Morning Fellas...I'm sure loving this weather. Here's hoping it stays like this until March then warms up

Morris we used to take the Super Duty whenever we went places as a family. The Explorer has replaced that in similar style, but I find it much more comfortable. The driver cockpit is much smaller than the Super Duty, but the ride quality surpasses it by far. I'm considering selling my Cummins turd and getting a used F150...

Happy wife, happy life eh Collin!!

Grant, those tires on John's truck are special restoration tires. The flat bottoms make it so you don't need tire blocks to stop it from rolling around in the shop. When it comes time to do the inaugural flight, he will rotate them so the round part is down and drive away

Have a great day guys!!

Old 01-20-2015, 07:49 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,132 Likes on 2,656 Posts
Originally Posted by yamagrant
The lift worked good, just glad the frame didn't sit any higher or I would have had to remove the doors. That tire had to be inflated 2 times to roll it in the shop. I have it on skates now and pushed to the side so the panel can be indoors. Will be removing the old suspension shortly.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:50 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Sorry forgot to say hello to everyone You all have a good day.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:01 AM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Happy Tuesday mornin'all. Restoration tires? You may just have something there Sherm. Do you have a color in mind John? How about the wheels? Have a great day guy's.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:09 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Sherm nailed it on the tires Thinking of dark metallic green and smoothie rims but as usual that may change a dozen times before I paint it a dark metallic green and put smoothie rims on it When talking yesterday with the new guy at the wreckers he said any aluminum rim is $40 and steel rim $20. I'll pick up a set of rollers with the axle most likely steel because not sure of the back spacing.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:11 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Morning Fellas...Happy Hump Day to you all...

Today is leg day. I've always enjoyed working out and spending time in the gym, this year I've decided to compete in a bodybuilding competition. My legs are my worst part. Being a bit longer in the leg means I have to work them extra hard to get some results. Typically I end up using the handrail to drag myself up the stairs out of the gym to the vehicle... Today I'm thinking I will need to be carried. A common misconception is that working out is the hardest part to bodybuilding. The hardest part is the nutrition, eating enough of the right things, and the mind-muscle connection...blah, blah, blah...

Seen a sweet '84 F150 on kijiji... Its sold now...and not to me. Darn it.

Have a great day everyone!! January is on its way out...

Old 01-21-2015, 08:12 AM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Happy Hump day Mornin'all. Have a great day guy's.

Old 01-21-2015, 08:56 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by 96sherm
Morning Fellas...Happy Hump Day to you all...

Today is leg day. I've always enjoyed working out and spending time in the gym, this year I've decided to compete in a bodybuilding competition. My legs are my worst part. Being a bit longer in the leg means I have to work them extra hard to get some results. Typically I end up using the handrail to drag myself up the stairs out of the gym to the vehicle... Today I'm thinking I will need to be carried. A common misconception is that working out is the hardest part to bodybuilding. The hardest part is the nutrition, eating enough of the right things, and the mind-muscle connection...blah, blah, blah...

Seen a sweet '84 F150 on kijiji... Its sold now...and not to me. Darn it.

Have a great day everyone!! January is on its way out...

Lol, I've got the eating part all worked out, it's the work out thing I have the problem with
Good morning everyone

Old 01-21-2015, 10:53 AM
Fomoko1
Good morning/day folks.
Another local semi accident: Multiple crashes close Highway 7 east of Kindersley, Sask. | Globalnews.ca
I'm lovin` this weather, with January slipping by there`s no bad weather in sight yet.
I liked driving my 05 Super Duty on road trips but my Ranger was so much easier to buzz around town with. I like your plan of selling your Cummins and replacing it with a used F150.
I like your lift better than the one I had John, mine worked but yours looks a lot slicker.

Old 01-21-2015, 12:43 PM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Thanks Morris, it was very well balanced but if I had to lift it any higher I probably would have had to remove the doors although I still had 1 more notch to extend it.

Quick Reply: No topic thread,,, Part 2