Manitoba / Saskatchewan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fomoko1

No topic thread,,, Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Corner Gas
Lead Driver
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Happy Thursday evening everyone, hope you have good day tomorrow.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:25 PM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Just got back from Jordan's game. They won the high school championship, 12-8. Have a great night all.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:27 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,132 Likes on 1,683 Posts
TGIF gang, I always enjoy clearing snow for that random person I see shoveling a mountain in their driveway, they're so greatful
I like paying it forward........ God made me do it .....

Old 11-07-2014, 06:47 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Morning all... Was a windy night outside. Temps are slightly up for the morning and most of the day then down to some near double negatives next week.

TJ, I've known/seen some people that could screw up mowing a square lawn...

Gerry, I'm with you on helping out others. I'm not on for compensating someones laziness though. I will help those who need and appreciate it, expecting and accepting nothing in return. For those who are simply too lazy to take care of themselves when they are able, they are the ones who should pay. When we lived in town I would take care of all the elderly neighbors around me, often coming home with some fresh baked goodies or my one favorite neighbor would have me in for a shot of whiskey before letting me leave.

Have a great day everyone!!! Friday already!!

Old 11-07-2014, 07:43 AM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Happy Friday mornin'all. 3 deg and raining here. Have a great day, and even better weekend guy's.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:06 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,344 Likes on 1,104 Posts
Looks like we`re in for a blast of winter soon, hopefully it doesn`t get too bad before my son can move into his new home on the farm here in a couple of weeks.
Originally Posted by 96sherm
Snowed nearly all day yesterday but the ground must have been warm enough that nothing stuck too badly. The wind was down so even in the slippery snow we managed to get 5 sheets of roof metal on in a couple hours.
We`ve had a few dustings of snow but mostly rain showers so the ground is pretty wet no and when it freezes it`ll be a mess.
You`re a pretty brave guy to be roofing under those conditions Sherm!
Originally Posted by Corner Gas
Happy Thursday evening everyone, hope you have good day tomorrow.
Back at you Colin, stay warm!
Originally Posted by yamagrant
Just got back from Jordan's game. They won the high school championship, 12-8. Have a great night all.
Congratulations to Jordan and his team.
Originally Posted by GIGGER
TGIF gang, I always enjoy clearing snow for that random person I see shoveling a mountain in their driveway, they're so greatful
I like paying it forward........ God made me do it .....
That`s awesome Gerry.
Originally Posted by tjcprop
Hard to keep good employees when they dont know how many hours they can expect.
Not any idiot can successfully operate a snow business.
I found that snow removal is too hit and miss, some yrs it`s impossible to keep up at times after t here day blizzard and in other yrs there is no snow.

Old 11-08-2014, 06:29 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend

Gerry, I'm with you on helping out others. I'm not on for compensating someones laziness though. I will help those who need and appreciate it, expecting and accepting nothing in return. For those who are simply too lazy to take care of themselves when they are able, they are the ones who should pay. When we lived in town I would take care of all the elderly neighbors around me, often coming home with some fresh baked goodies or my one favorite neighbor would have me in for a shot of whiskey before letting me leave.

Great story Sherm, I would trade plowing for a cake any day, lol.......

Thx Morris, paying it forward is easy eh.......

Old 11-08-2014, 06:35 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Morning all... Chilly one here this am.

Rodeo tonight, hoping its better than the last one we went to 4 years ago.

Have a great day!!!

Old 11-08-2014, 06:46 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Are you watching or competing in the rodeo Sherm........

Old 11-08-2014, 08:03 AM
tjcprop
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning all... Was a windy night outside. Temps are slightly up for the morning and most of the day then down to some near double negatives next week.

TJ, I've known/seen some people that could screw up mowing a square lawn...

The first area plowed on my route is our laneway or back alley. All the neighbours share our laneway have thanked me with dessert and a few with small cash amounts. We are lucky that right across the one exit off our laneway (exit nearest my house) is a park where the snow is piled. Have repeatedly ask the City and City is cool with this.

What I dislike is when I shovel a path to wives Jeep parked on the street. When she leaves some A-hole will park blocking said path. Not parking to either side of path but directly in front. So I go outside and snow throw that vehicle in.

Old 11-08-2014, 08:37 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by GIGGER
Are you watching or competing in the rodeo Sherm........
Planning on being a spectator. Unless its a poor show, then I may be forced to take a ride to get our money's worth...

Originally Posted by tjcprop
The first area plowed on my route is our laneway or back alley. All the neighbours share our laneway have thanked me with dessert and a few with small cash amounts. We are lucky that right across the one exit off our laneway (exit nearest my house) is a park where the snow is piled. Have repeatedly ask the City and City is cool with this.

What I dislike is when I shovel a path to wives Jeep parked on the street. When she leaves some A-hole will park blocking said path. Not parking to either side of path but directly in front. So I go outside and snow throw that vehicle in.
Do you have a skid steer or something to remove snow once its gotten piled/pushed to the limit? I used to use my quad to plow snow but found it a nuisance after a month or so because I would run out of room to push it. I like my PTO blower for this on the farm, I can blow it about 40-60' depending on the type of snow...

Old 11-08-2014, 08:47 AM
tjcprop
Elder User
Planning on being a spectator. Unless its a poor show, then I may be forced to take a ride to get our money's worth...

Do you have a skid steer or something to remove snow once its gotten piled/pushed to the limit? I used to use my quad to plow snow but found it a nuisance after a month or so because I would run out of room to push it. I like my PTO blower for this on the farm, I can blow it about 40-60' depending on the type of snow...
Never run out of room while plowing the laneway. The park has plenty of room. Driveways on the other hand are more tricky. Actually ran out of room to pile snow. No skid steer as of yet. Thats on my wish list!!!!

Old 11-08-2014, 10:04 AM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Happy Saturday mornin'all. My neighbor is partner's in a landscaping company, and when the snow is bad he sends a loader to do his driveway and mine. In the summer, I do the weed control on his yard. I gotta take Jordan for his 2nd try for his driver's license at 10:30. Have a great day guy's.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:32 AM
tjcprop
Elder User
Originally Posted by yamagrant
Happy Saturday mornin'all. My neighbor is partner's in a landscaping company, and when the snow is bad he sends a loader to do his driveway and mine. In the summer, I do the weed control on his yard. I gotta take Jordan for his 2nd try for his driver's license at 10:30. Have a great day guy's.
Seems like everyone in Peg fails the test the first time. Not sure why when its an easy test. Proves my point which I will keep to myself to avoid an argument.

Old 11-08-2014, 12:34 PM
yamagrant
Lead Driver
Well Jordan got an automatic fail. He Went into a turning lane only, when the instructor told him to go straight. For his next test, I'm changing his name to Abdulla.

Quick Reply: No topic thread,,, Part 2