1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Khan's 95 Build thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 11:55 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 127 Likes on 105 Posts
Yes, I'm interested in pictures! I would like to see the spare mounted.

New to you dually Byron? Link to a picture?

Old 10-17-2020, 07:59 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by Khan
I'll keep at my truck if you keep at yours! That dually is looking really nice by the way. Sometimes I wish I had an SD truck as it seems most of my "mods" are just updating to the SD stuff.

Has Ike found a home yet or do you still have him?
Thanks my friend. The dually "Betsy Blue" as my daughter named her, has come a long way in a short time. She was mechanically sound and runs really well, but ALL stock....even down to the air filter. There will be more stuff done this weekend. I need to update the thread because I have done more work in the last few weeks just making her a reliable and powerful tow pig. Yes, sadly Ike sold a month ago. That was one truck I was REALLY sad to see drive away, but it went to a good owner who will conitinue to work him and take good care of him.

And yes! You hit the nail on the head. Many of the OBS "upgrades" are SD parts modified or slapped on. Can't blame OBS owners though. The Superduty is just simply one of the best trucks Ford ever made. The OBS trucks are solid too though. I adopted the mentality just to replace OBS parts with OBS parts. I mean, when the stuff wore out, it was 25 years old. That's pretty darn good in my book. I wouldn't own the truck long enough to wear out the new part LOL. But,there are upgrades, like some that you are doing, that definitely improve the trucks as well.

Originally Posted by oldbird1965
Yes, I'm interested in pictures! I would like to see the spare mounted.

New to you dually Byron? Link to a picture?
Yes sir Glenn. We needed more room, so I ended up with a 2wd CCLB Dually....and I LOVE it.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...it-begins.html

Old 10-17-2020, 06:10 PM
Khan
Laughing Gas
Received 197 Likes on 130 Posts
Got the tank in. Unfortunately air is getting in somewhere, most likely the sending unit o ring as my fuel pump isn't happy when it's on the rear tank. Tried purging the air half a dozen times by priming and no luck. The float works, but I'm not totally happy with it, so I'm going to get a bronco float and swap that over to see if I can get it to read a bit more accurate. At 10 gallons, it's reading half way between 1/4 and 1/2 of a tank.

Tomorrow I'm going to drain the tank and pull it back out. Unfortunately getting the tank back in will have to wait a week and a half as I'm going on vacation next week.

Old 10-28-2020, 04:27 PM
Khan
Laughing Gas
Got back from Gatlinburg, TN for a little getaway and relaxation. Never realized how beautiful the Smoky Mountains were, definitely colorful up there with all the leaves changing colors. I can definitely see why people vacation up there all the time. Still too many tourists for my taste though.

We did take a tour on this awesome 1927 Waco Biplane though. Definitely a fun experience. We went ziplining on TN's longest zipline, that is over 1/2 a mile long. However the pictures were lost and we're waiting on another USB to be mailed to us with the pictures....

Now it's time to cleanse all the junk food out, and get back to work on the rig. Going to redo the float in the 38 Gal tank and hopefully get that mounted permanently with the spare and then start ordering parts for a T4 set up.

Old 10-31-2020, 06:43 PM
Edgethis
Lead Driver
Received 398 Likes on 303 Posts
Looks like a nice place to visit. And a nifty looking plane.

Old 10-31-2020, 09:08 PM
97-psd
Logistics Pro
Received 385 Likes on 275 Posts
It is an even better place to live. The tourists are normally in select locations and the locals enjoy some nice peace and quiet.
I am glad you enjoyed your visit!

Old 11-01-2020, 01:30 PM
Khan
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by 97-psd
It is an even better place to live. The tourists are normally in select locations and the locals enjoy some nice peace and quiet.
I am glad you enjoyed your visit!
Wish I knew you were up in Knoxville! Would have loved to check out your rig and buy you a beer. Maybe next year

Old 11-01-2020, 02:51 PM
MJ79
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wish I knew you were up in Knoxville! Would have loved to check out your rig and buy you a beer. Maybe next year
T4 ordered?

Old 11-01-2020, 06:21 PM
Khan
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by MJ79
T4 ordered?
No.

Soon though, looking to get 363/68/.91 installed by the end of Dec. Going to start ordering parts pretty heavily the next few pay checks.. I am still waiting on the sending unit O rings for the 38 gal tank, and ordered a muffler to tone down the drone I have due to short straight piped exhaust.

Old 11-01-2020, 06:34 PM
MJ79
Tuned
No.

Soon though, looking to get 363/68/.91 installed by the end of Dec. Going to start ordering parts pretty heavily the next few pay checks.. I am still waiting on the sending unit O rings for the 38 gal tank, and ordered a muffler to tone down the drone I have due to short straight piped exhaust.
I need to get moving on the 38 gallon tank and a new clutch. Have you decided what kit your going with?

Old 11-01-2020, 06:46 PM
Khan
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by MJ79
I need to get moving on the 38 gallon tank and a new clutch. Have you decided what kit your going with?
From all the research I've done, I've narrowed it down to either CSD or Andrew Arthur's. The AA kit is tempting because he clocks the turbo to bolt up to the stock downpipe. Downside is the turbine is machined from the 4.21 or whatever down to 4" to mate up to the stock exhaust. The compressor side may or may not have to be machined for an elbow and v band clamp as well. This would be using my existing banks pipes and be more expensive than going with CSD.

I do like how the drain is built into the pedestal, and how the supply line is a hard line. Bolting into the stock exhaust is a win win, and the turbo being clocked will give it a straight shot to the intake.

That being said im currently leaning towards the CSD kit, but we'll see..

Old 11-01-2020, 07:18 PM
MJ79
Tuned
From all the research I've done, I've narrowed it down to either CSD or Andrew Arthur's. The AA kit is tempting because he clocks the turbo to bolt up to the stock downpipe. Downside is the turbine is machined from the 4.21 or whatever down to 4" to mate up to the stock exhaust. The compressor side may or may not have to be machined for an elbow and v band clamp as well. This would be using my existing banks pipes and be more expensive than going with CSD.

I do like how the drain is built into the pedestal, and how the supply line is a hard line. Bolting into the stock exhaust is a win win, and the turbo being clocked will give it a straight shot to the intake.

That being said im currently leaning towards the CSD kit, but we'll see..

Not messing with the down pipe is nice. If it hooked up to your intercooler pipes, and isn't a bunch more money might be worth it.

Old 11-01-2020, 07:49 PM
Hit Man X
Lead Driver
Received 1,209 Likes on 986 Posts
Gimme dat Banks IC kit.

Old 11-02-2020, 12:09 AM
FinnishStroker
Cargo Master
Received 783 Likes on 482 Posts

4" 90deg elbow to stock CCV

Extended with piece of stock downpipe

Me too wanted to align the turbo for stock intake and stockish downpipe..😉

Old 11-02-2020, 07:13 AM
Khan
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by FinnishStroker

4" 90deg elbow to stock CCV

Extended with piece of stock downpipe

Me too wanted to align the turbo for stock intake and stockish downpipe..😉
Im still in awe of how slick that set up is. I'm also very jealous of the doghouse on the vans

Quick Reply: Khan's 95 Build thread