Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My "01" Excursion Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 06:02 PM
mecdac
If it flies, it dies
mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by 01__Excursion View Post
Slowly getting all the parts together for the performance upgrade.
On the list are:
38R, EBV Delete pedestal, High FLow Outlet, bellowed pipes, 180/30 injectors, glow plugs, valve cover gaskets and injector harnesses, PHP Hydra tuner, 910 Valve Springs, and a BTS transmission.
Are you doing "single shot" injectors?

Remans or new?

Tell me more. I love diesel ****.

Old 10-28-2018, 06:13 PM
01__Excursion
Elder User
01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all
Single shot I believe, remans, I'm not under the impression new modified ones are avail. 180/30 From Full Force Diesel. Full Force will also supply and install the Comp 910 springs. I already have a box of cores. BTS (Brian's Truck Shop) will supply and install the modified transmission. All the turbo stuff will come from Diesel O Rings, of which I'll probably install all the turbo stuff so I can say I actually contributed to my own build, LOL. Full Force will install Hydra tunes as well, If I don't care for their tunes, then Brain will put his own tunes on.

Old 10-28-2018, 06:22 PM
mecdac
If it flies, it dies
mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
Not sure what you are trying to accomplish, I think you will be happier with 160cc/80%. SWAMP Diesel in Nashvegas does a 500,000 mile warranty on their remans.

Old 10-28-2018, 06:34 PM
01__Excursion
Elder User
01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all01__Excursion is a name known to all
I'm not sure either, but I've talked to so many people about what size injectors till I'm blue in the face. Ive talked to 1023 Tuning, Brian at BTS, Bill at PHP, Phill at Full Force, and even NicMike. "Everyone" has their own opinion about what works, what doesn't, and their advise. And everyone is justly entitled to their feedback because I had asked for it.
I guess my main reason is due to the previous owner having already installed the MBRP full exhaust, of which I'm not really taking advantage of. He also had a Banks "BigHead" turbo waste-gate actuator installed, which I removed and replaced with a factory one.
160/80 has been thrown around too, please fell free to contribute...

Old 10-31-2018, 11:12 AM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
I'm about to pull the trigger on a set of sticks for my wife's Ex and they will be 160/80's.

From what I remember (scary, very scary going by what I remember...LOL) from a tuner thread in the 7.3L forum, the 80 nozzles were the "optimum" nozzle size for ease of tuning while providing the "best power" on the single shot 160's. The 80's were "better" (obviously subjective, i'll try and find that link for you) than any other size nozzle for the 160's.

Stewart

Old 11-03-2018, 05:49 PM
01__Excursion
Elder User
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
I'm about to pull the trigger on a set of sticks for my wife's Ex and they will be 160/80's.

From what I remember (scary, very scary going by what I remember...LOL) from a tuner thread in the 7.3L forum, the 80 nozzles were the "optimum" nozzle size for ease of tuning while providing the "best power" on the single shot 160's. The 80's were "better" (obviously subjective, i'll try and find that link for you) than any other size nozzle for the 160's.

Stewart
Let me know how they pan out, I'm still a little far out before I get to them. I'm still rounding things up, been side tracked with the headlight upgrade.

Old 11-03-2018, 06:04 PM
01__Excursion
Elder User
Last weekend when I was at the junkyard rounding up the correct headlight plugs, I spotted a 250 Super Duty that still had the tow eyes on the front, rare that we even have a Super Duty on the lot, never mind the tow eyes. I returned a few days later, last Thursday, and pulled them. I've had my sights set on adding the chrome eyes to my truck, hadn't decided if I'd like them or not. I had already looked for a local plater/finisher and spoke to him about my project. In short, new Ford chrome eyes are about $350.00 or more each, I currently have $5.00 per used powder-coat eye, and $40.00 per eye for chrome plating.
I still have my original black ones should I decide the chrome was a bad choice. The chrome job turned out really nice.
Pulled the used ones this Thursday, dropped them off on Friday, picked them up today.

As pulled from the junkyard.

Done from the plater the next day.

Old 12-14-2018, 04:30 PM
01__Excursion
Elder User
While I've been waiting for the HID headlights to be started by Lightwerkz, I finally became motivated since the truck is down, to pull my steering wheel and send it to Dallas Custom Steering Wheel. The finished pics came in today, and It should be back on the truck next week. Added were, extra padding, single color basting stitch, and the larger thumb rests at the 10 and 2 o'clock positions. The Two-Tone matches the recently recovered seats, and from the pics, I think I'm going to be very happy with the installed product.

Old 12-14-2018, 04:44 PM
my3sonsdad
Junior User
my3sonsdad is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Where did you source the 2-tone seats coverings?

Love the interior lighting addtions...the lack of ambient interior lighting was one of the 1st things that struck me when we picked our recent X purchase.

Old 12-14-2018, 04:48 PM
01__Excursion
Elder User
Originally Posted by my3sonsdad View Post
Where did you source the 2-tone seats coverings?

Love the interior lighting addtions...the lack of ambient interior lighting was one of the 1st things that struck me when we picked our recent X purchase.
All the leather and vinyl was supplied by the upholsterer, I picked out the same Medium Graphite, and some BMW blue from his sample books, brought him all the seats, and he recovered all of them. He DE-constructed my original seats, then made patterns for the new leather.
The headliner was done in blue as well.
I think I added my LED additions in this thread a little bit back.

Old 12-24-2018, 08:29 PM
01__Excursion
Elder User
Still waiting on the projector headlights to be completed and shipped back, so I decided to tackle the splash guards on the front fender liners. half is missing on my drivers side, the passenger side is torn, and both are very dried out by now. I finally found the exact OE masticated rubber material with the embedded cotton strands in the same thickness.
I ordered 2 36" X 36" pieces, this will be enough the expand the coverage for guarding against splashes. I chose to extend down to the frame, and around to the lower fender liner facing the tire.
Once the current piece is trimmed, and as I like it, it will be a template for the other side.

Old 12-24-2018, 11:02 PM
Flyboy1100
Elder User
Flyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to allFlyboy1100 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by 01__Excursion View Post
Still waiting on the projector headlights to be completed and shipped back, so I decided to tackle the splash guards on the front fender liners. half is missing on my drivers side, the passenger side is torn, and both are very dried out by now. I finally found the exact OE masticated rubber material with the embedded cotton strands in the same thickness.
I ordered 2 36" X 36" pieces, this will be enough the expand the coverage for guarding against splashes. I chose to extend down to the frame, and around to the lower fender liner facing the tire.
Once the current piece is trimmed, and as I like it, it will be a template for the other side.

link?? Or where did you source it?

Old 12-25-2018, 06:17 AM
01__Excursion
Elder User
Old 12-25-2018, 03:25 PM
01__Excursion
Elder User
Made a, "big to me", score at the junkyard just after thanksgiving. The rear optional factory rear air deflector was an item that I've been on the hunt for, for some time. This one was already black, but it will need to be re-painted and clear coated. It was painted and cleared the same way as the lift gate handle/trim.
So today, I started the pre-install process and template fabrication. All holes will have to be drilled, including the reverse access holes, about 1', for the mounting screws.

Duct tape added and trimmed to the diameter mounting foot, then pierced with a needle in the center of the threaded hole.

Held in place so I can trace around the mounting feet with a pencil

Outlined with a pencil

Outlined with a pencil

Duct tape templates removed, painters tape applied to the duct tape, sticky side to sticky side, center hole re-pierced.

Finished template brought back to the outline, center holes depressed with a sewing needle, and small hammer

The outline was then cleaned off by wax, leaving the center hole impressions

The outline was then cleaned off by wax, leaving the center hole impressions

This is where I have to leave it for now, I'll pick it back up once I get rubber body plugs to press into the holes drilled to access the mounting screws.

Old 12-27-2018, 09:33 PM
Masterz
Junior User
Masterz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Would love to see standoff pics of the deflector once complete. Google image search is coming up short...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My "01" Excursion Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.