Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2021, 04:13 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,584 Likes on 2,907 Posts
Originally Posted by FordTruckNoob
Spent the last few days teaching people how to drive fast around a track. Road America in this case. Here are some views from the paddock.
Leonard, was that a German car (and one Ford truck) event or were there other manufacturers there too?

Originally Posted by Wes444
Well, sick kiddo has me driving around town most the day so far. Now that we're home with prescriptions I can tinker with some stuff. Like my funeral.... If I'm not online for a few weeks it was the wife that did it!

Found an non-working project from fleabay that cost next nothing to practice on with no worry of doing any harm to it...

I can't stop laughing. Wife may kill me tho...
We hope your daughter feels better soon!

Kate and I are excited about the possibility of sending you our family owned 60ish year old Swiss cuckoo clock to tinker with. That would truly be something special to have the clock restored to working condition by a friend instead of a stranger at a shop. I think my mother would like that very much.

100% up to you though sir. What is the worst that happens though, you break it so that it doesn't tell time or make noise? That is the state it is in now...

Old 08-12-2021, 04:14 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by ESwift
Bad storm took out lot of trees locally. Knocked the cell tower out, well at least the repeater pointing too us, if I drive to other side of it I have service. That tower runs my phone and my internet, so I had to backfeed dsl from the camp office back too house for slow but useable internet....
1st world problems are great problems to have my friend!

Good to hear your family and home are safe too!

Old 08-13-2021, 06:44 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 2,041 Likes on 1,209 Posts
Yesterday’s mission was to collect this 500gal propane tank that is about 3/4 full. It would have been quite comical to watch a time lapse of this operation as I’m sure it was as funny as a 3 Stooges skit. It was everything my little tractor had to push that sucker up on the tilted trailer using my big chain fall to winch it at the same time. Anyway, now it’s home and I’ve gotta figure out how to unload it.... Probably gonna get a friend to come by with a bigger machine.

Happy Friday 13th, hope y’all have a good one! Hmmmm, maybe I shouldn’t press my luck and wait until another day to unload this tank....

Old 08-13-2021, 07:37 AM
FordTruckNoob
Identifies as He/Him/Noob
Received 3,030 Likes on 2,000 Posts
Originally Posted by Sous
Leonard, was that a German car (and one Ford truck) event or were there other manufacturers there too?
The event was put on by the Wisconsin chapter of the Audi club but it is open to all marques. Here's the list of vehicles registered for the event.

Old 08-13-2021, 07:39 AM
FordTruckNoob
Originally Posted by SkySkiJason
Yesterday’s mission was to collect this 500gal propane tank that is about 3/4 full. It would have been quite comical to watch a time lapse of this operation as I’m sure it was as funny as a 3 Stooges skit. It was everything my little tractor had to push that sucker up on the tilted trailer using my big chain fall to winch it at the same time. Anyway, now it’s home and I’ve gotta figure out how to unload it.... Probably gonna get a friend to come by with a bigger machine.

Happy Friday 13th, hope y’all have a good one! Hmmmm, maybe I shouldn’t press my luck and wait until another day to unload this tank....
Did you do all that with the "temporary fix" axle in the back?

Old 08-13-2021, 08:29 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Did you do all that with the "temporary fix" axle in the back?
Yes. The temporary axle is fine. Except that it’s a different gear ratio than my front axle AND it’s not limited slip. So, I needed help getting out of the field where the trailer is stored because ‘one wheel drive’ is useless in my life... This happened because right before I got there to get the trailer it rained for 5min.

Fortunately my friend was nearby with his tractor and able to help.

I’m collecting parts to rebuild my broken axle now and I’m grateful that I had this ‘temporary’ axle so I can use my truck in the meantime.

The following users liked this post:
Old 08-13-2021, 08:36 AM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,520 Likes on 981 Posts
Happy friday 13th!

Headed to my Dad's Memorial, as he was born on Friday 13th in December 1946 my mom thought the day was fitting. Cheers!

The following 2 users liked this post by KubotaOrange76:
Old 08-13-2021, 09:37 AM
F350towing
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1,173 Likes on 639 Posts
The winds changed last night and are now bringing us the smoke from the interior forest fires.

It’s currently raining down ashes and the sun has an apocalyptic red glow.

Last edited by F350towing; 08-13-2021 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Added another picture.
Old 08-13-2021, 10:15 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner

Nice trailer! Good to know there are at least 2 trailers like that in the SE region of the country for helping out those in need.

Happy Friday the 13th to you and everyone else as well! I am headed out to change the oil in the truck from Triax Fleet Supreme to T6 and send it off for a UOA. Going to get in touch with our firewood supplier and see if I can pick up a cord today.

Old 08-13-2021, 10:21 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
The event was put on by the Wisconsin chapter of the Audi club but it is open to all marques. Here's the list of vehicles registered for the event.
That is quite a list! Some of my dream cars are on there. Good to hear you had a great time.

Originally Posted by KubotaOrange76
Happy friday 13th!

Headed to my Dad's Memorial, as he was born on Friday 13th in December 1946 my mom thought the day was fitting. Cheers!
Travel safe brother! Don't burn up that 7.3L twin turbo Expedition in the mountains!

We will see you when you get back.

Originally Posted by F350towing
The winds changed last night and are now bringing us the smoke from the interior forest fires.

It’s currently raining down ashes and the sun has an apocalyptic red glow.
Each time we go out west to visit, we try to go during winter or early in the year around April or May. The reason being is that is traditionally when the fires are less threatening.

We were out there a few years ago and there was a fire in the mountain range next to Challis ID. The sun was a dark purple at around 1:00 PM.

Be safe and stay cool!

Old 08-13-2021, 09:23 PM
F350towing
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1,173 Likes on 639 Posts
And to finish the day off.

An apocalyptic sun set.

The following 2 users liked this post by F350towing:
Old 08-14-2021, 06:54 AM
FordTruckNoob
Originally Posted by Sous
That is quite a list! Some of my dream cars are on there. Good to hear you had a great time.

Yup, there was some pretty exotic machinery. What’s scary is is some of most exotic cars were driven by guys with somewhat less experience. Also, not in that list were some racecars that were brought by racer friends of the eventmaster to give rides in to the rest of us plebes. One such car was the former Champion Audi B5 S4.

The following users liked this post:
Old 08-14-2021, 07:56 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts

C'mon man, don't you have a chain hoist and a heavy tree limb?

Old 08-14-2021, 11:27 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter
C'mon man, don't you have a chain hoist and a heavy tree limb?
It took everything my chain hoist had AND the tractor pushing it to get that sucker up on the trailer.

Getting it off was almost the inverse operation and was more terrifying. I told Dawn the worst thing that could happen is the tank that weighs more than the tractor slides down pushing the tractor over and then dragging the tractor with me on it down the hill. It would have taken out my existing propane tank too so this whole mess of tanks spewing propane, running tractor and possibly the truck and trailer could potentially be on fire tumbling to the bottom of the mountain. She helped me anyway (that’s why she’s a keeper!).

It was dicey, but no fires or explosions!!

The following 2 users liked this post by SkySkiJason:
Old 08-14-2021, 12:44 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Putting that temporary 3.73 to work...

As we told you in the past Jason, Dawn is a keeper!

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***