*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 10:57 AM
AllaboutMPG
Logistics Pro
Received 110 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by KubotaOrange76
Morning guys!

Been a rough couple days but doing good.
My sons birthday was 7/24 and we did make it to a planned water park trip in South GA Saturday & Sunday. Kids had a blast, Me and the Wife drank some beer and ate some tolerable food so it wasn't bad.

My Dad lost his battle with Pancreatic cancer Friday 7/23 at 8am. My wife & kids & I were able to spend ALOT quality of time with him up until his final days and made it there to be with him, sister & Mom Thursday evening for the last hours. He was able to maintain a good quality of life right up until nearly the end and I'm thankful the suffering was minimal. He made quite the impact on me and a lot of people through his 74 years.

It wont be in the paper or on social media etc.. so I guess I felt the need to share it here.
I killed this deer last November in a box stand with him and it made his day to get to see the mount a couple weeks ago when I visited. I made sure to get it put up and send a picture to him last week before he passed. The shelves pictures here are filled with family mementos from my wife & I's grandparents tackles boxes, bibles etc.

We will be making BLT's for lunch today with a green tomato he picked from his garden about 2 weeks ago that has turned a beautiful red. He said it was the perfect tomato

Carry on Lets have a good week!
Chris, My condolences as well on the loss of your Dad. My prayers will be for you and your families peace.

Part of life is that we will all eventually pass. The fact that you got a chance to enjoy quality time with him and say goodbye is a blessing. Had a similar situation when my Dad passed. Glad for you for that!!!!

That memorial wall is such a good idea and so well done. Great way to keep the good memories out to be reminded of everyday. Kudos to the wife for thinking of it.

The following 2 users liked this post by AllaboutMPG:
Old 07-26-2021, 11:17 AM
ToolmakerRob
Laughing Gas
Received 156 Likes on 96 Posts
Chris-My condolences on your Father's passing. It is good to see that you spent quality time with him before to make lasting memories. Great job on the memorial wall as well.

Rob

The following 2 users liked this post by ToolmakerRob:
Old 07-26-2021, 11:54 AM
RacinJasonWV
Lead Driver
Received 1,680 Likes on 1,178 Posts
Thank you, and shelving credit goes to wife, she much more colorful than me. I guess should also add my FIL made the Mantle. kind of a cool wall imo
Well to be honest I kinda figured the brain behind that would be the Mrs… at least it is in my house. I’m definitely not as good at the execution of her plans as you are though!

Yes it is a very cool wall. Love the idea! So many memories available to see at all times.

FIL making the mantle is icing on the cake.

Prayers for your family.

The following users liked this post:
Old 07-26-2021, 01:04 PM
FordTruckNoob
Identifies as He/Him/Noob
Received 3,019 Likes on 1,990 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss Chris.

The following 2 users liked this post by FordTruckNoob:
Old 07-26-2021, 02:21 PM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,499 Likes on 970 Posts
Originally Posted by AllaboutMPG
Chris, My condolences as well on the loss of your Dad. My prayers will be for you and your families peace.

Part of life is that we will all eventually pass. The fact that you got a chance to enjoy quality time with him and say goodbye is a blessing. Had a similar situation when my Dad passed. Glad for you for that!!!!

That memorial wall is such a good idea and so well done. Great way to keep the good memories out to be reminded of everyday. Kudos to the wife for thinking of it.
Thank you, And im glad for you as well.

I tend to say when things get tough..."it could always be worse"And as pessimistic and cynical as I am I always look at the positives in situations like this and try to be thankful for them. There are a lot of people who never knew their Dad, or their dad passed when they were 7, not 37, or a million other scenarios! Usually when "you" think you got it bad, someone else out there has it worse and you've got some things to be thankful for.

Originally Posted by ToolmakerRob
Chris-My condolences on your Father's passing. It is good to see that you spent quality time with him before to make lasting memories. Great job on the memorial wall as well.

Rob
Thanks Rob!

Originally Posted by RacinJasonWV
Well to be honest I kinda figured the brain behind that would be the Mrs… at least it is in my house. I’m definitely not as good at the execution of her plans as you are though!

Yes it is a very cool wall. Love the idea! So many memories available to see at all times.

FIL making the mantle is icing on the cake.

Prayers for your family.
Thanks Jason!! Any you nailed it

Originally Posted by FOODTruckNoob
Sorry to hear of your loss Chris.
Thanks Leonard.

Old 07-26-2021, 03:05 PM
Y2KW57
Received 3,490 Likes on 1,833 Posts
(My father) made quite the impact on me and a lot of people through his 74 years.
This means that while his vessel is no longer here, the contents within his vessel lives on in those people, and remains alive... within you.

The following 5 users liked this post by Y2KW57:
Old 07-26-2021, 06:49 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 144 Likes on 103 Posts
Prays to you and your family Chris. God bless you. Lost my Mom and Dad some time back, a long with my daughter. It never gets any easier.

The following 3 users liked this post by Bonanza35:
Old 07-27-2021, 12:14 PM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 207 Likes on 109 Posts
Chris, I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. It's good to hear, though, that your Dad left a good legacy with you and your family.

The following 2 users liked this post by F250_:
Old 07-27-2021, 03:04 PM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,170 Likes on 664 Posts
Sorry to hear this Chris. Glad you were able to be there thru the very last. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight. Hug your family

Originally Posted by Bonanza35
Lost my Mom and Dad some time back, a long with my daughter. It never gets any easier.
Tho it never gets "easier", I would say there is hope. The second by second intensity of the loss does calm down after a lot of time has passed and you will be able to think of other things again for a few minutes at a time

The following 4 users liked this post by Wes444:
Old 07-27-2021, 06:13 PM
rjdj1186
Laughing Gas
Received 67 Likes on 31 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Hold on to those memories, they fade with time if not often revisited.

Old 07-28-2021, 05:06 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,560 Likes on 2,889 Posts
Today was a good day!

Our property neighbor brought there 8 year old grandson over to do some fishing and swimming. He caught 3 good sized bass and then decided that was enough fishing and jumped in to swim a bit.

@KubotaOrange76 I think the pond is ready for little Betty and Lucas to do a bit of fishing when our families have time to get together. We can talk about it on the 7th at the SSJ Ranch and maybe work something out.

Old 07-28-2021, 05:39 PM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
We got our poles ready Sous! See yall soon

Old 07-29-2021, 09:35 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,560 Likes on 2,889 Posts
If anyone has been thinking about refinancing their mortgage, the rates are SILLY low right now. Some offers are below 2% interest rate and below 2% APR based on your credit score. We just started refinancing our home and will be knocking 10 years off the original mortgage term, even after restarting the 30 year maturity length.

If you have been thinking about it, check it out, you might be in luck!

---------------

We got our poles ready Sous! See yall soon
Sounds like a good time! It will be a lot of fun seeing the kiddos get excited about catching a fish or 3.

Old 07-29-2021, 01:56 PM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
Originally Posted by Sous
If anyone has been thinking about refinancing their mortgage, the rates are SILLY low right now. Some offers are below 2% interest rate and below 2% APR based on your credit score. We just started refinancing our home and will be knocking 10 years off the original mortgage term, even after restarting the 30 year maturity length.

If you have been thinking about it, check it out, you might be in luck!

---------------

Sounds like a good time! It will be a lot of fun seeing the kiddos get excited about catching a fish or 3.
The only loan I have out right now is a home equity load to pay for the solar array but when I had a regular mortgage, I refinanced 3 times, starting out at about 6%. The last time, I got a letter in the mail from the mortgage company that basically said that I could save money if I refinanced and all I had to do was sign the bottom of this one page letter and it would be done. I cannot understand why they aren't all that easy.

Old 07-29-2021, 04:18 PM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
makes me very nervous

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***