Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2021, 10:29 PM
z31freakify
Hotshot
Received 1,212 Likes on 833 Posts
I was just coming from servicing 2 of our man lifts on Carlsbad NM
A look at Guadalupe mtns and salt flats near it. Rare too see this much water fill the lake up, but the colors in these pictures don't do it justice, in person looks awesome, the turquoise is really prominent when there was no clouds.

The following 5 users liked this post by z31freakify:
Old 08-18-2021, 10:44 PM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,183 Likes on 670 Posts
Originally Posted by ArmyLifer
Sad to say, I did them all 🤦‍♂️
What no shooting the apple off the head with the arrows? We did the others as well, and some others that were so dumb I won't mention

Originally Posted by F350towing
I was surprised how small the jounce bumper is.

it’s about 2-1/2 inches in height
Thank you! Looks like the size I was expecting but when you're holding these bags in your hands you think they would be bigger than they are after seeing pictures online

Originally Posted by z31freakify
A look at Guadalupe mtns and salt flats near it.
Man all the times I drove that stretch and I thought it was just a heat wave haze or mirage out there. Never seen moisture or standing water from the road there

The following users liked this post:
Old 08-19-2021, 03:33 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,584 Likes on 2,907 Posts
We don't have a lot of property, but we have several hundred trees on our property. I have felled a few trees over the past few years that were becoming problems, but they have all been in a clear path of coming down and not a risk to anyone or anything. But, I need to bring down a 75' oak that is about 3' - 3.5' in diameter at the trunk and I am thinking an arborist rope would be useful hooked to the tractor. This would aid in bringing it down and laying a certain direction in an effort to keep a structure standing upright and not crushed.

I did not realize there were so many types of arborist ropes... Nylon, polyester, polypropylene, UH molecular, etc... Then you get into the weave of the rope like double braided, diamond braided, triple strand twisted, etc...

I am looking at a 1/2" - 3/4" diameter rope with a strength of at least 7,500 lbs and would prefer something up near or past 10,000 lbs.

Even with those "must meet" requirements in mind, the choices are seemingly endless. Companies like Blue Ox are said to be reputable and made in the USA, places like Rope.com has several options and then other places like Sgt. Knots look promising too. I will NOT be selecting a rope from Amazon unless it is from a reseller like Blue Ox or something as I just cannot trust those products. Buying something from Amazon like a pair of scissors is fine, but not a rope used to fell trees where someone's life could depend on it.

Money is not a concern, but I don't want to go overboard on the rope choice. This is not something that I will use often, maybe once a year or so to aid in felling trees. Quality, the right diameter, and safety are paramount. It is a good idea to have an arborist rope on hand for future projects and felling to go along with the other equipment I already have on hand.

So, if anyone has any suggestions or lessons learned about a rope for felling trees they care to share with me publicly here or privately via PM, I am all ears. I am looking for advice on material/type of rope, brand, diameter, weave and/or anything else you feel may be useful. I will be ordering a rope in the next few days as I want this 75 ft oak out of the way by the end of this month.

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-19-2021, 07:24 PM
Khan
Laughing Gas
Received 197 Likes on 130 Posts
A look at Guadalupe mtns and salt flats near it. Rare too see this much water fill the lake up, but the colors in these pictures don't do it justice, in person looks awesome, the turquoise is really prominent when there was no clouds.

Adam,

I was just texting another FTE'r about these pics. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

Old 08-19-2021, 07:40 PM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,183 Likes on 670 Posts
Had to wait on some road hogs yesterday

Beep beep!

The following 3 users liked this post by Wes444:
Old 08-19-2021, 11:37 PM
Brian Hanks
Fleet Mechanic
Received 479 Likes on 241 Posts
Running some errands at the new property and ran across this.

the interior was custom with lots of wood grain, wood center console, wood trim on steering whee. All of it including seats looked like very low use. Was a nice ride.

Old 08-20-2021, 07:03 AM
FordTruckNoob
Identifies as He/Him/Noob
Received 3,032 Likes on 2,002 Posts

That's like a scene out of Rogue One.

Old 08-20-2021, 08:21 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by Brian Hanks
Running some errands at the new property and ran across this.

the interior was custom with lots of wood grain, wood center console, wood trim on steering whee. All of it including seats looked like very low use. Was a nice ride.
Nice find! I see the badge on the tailgate says "Eclipse Sport Trucks".

I have not seen one of those kits before. I don't know how feasible that ground clearance is for a 4x4 that goes offroad at all, but it appears to work for them. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Looks like the new place has already provided a lot of smiles.

Old 08-20-2021, 02:47 PM
THE FISH BAIT
Mountain Pass
Received 66 Likes on 29 Posts
My funny for the day

My wife likes to drop these little gems on me once in a while. Since I’m only 5’5” she thought this was hilarious.

The following 6 users liked this post by THE FISH BAIT:
AllaboutMPG, ArmyLifer, RacinJasonWV, rjdj1186, Y2KW57, z31freakify and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-20-2021, 04:14 PM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 2,041 Likes on 1,209 Posts
PSA: REMEMBER TO LOCk YOUR DOORS THIS TIME OF YEAR FOLKS!!!!

I thought I was safe because I was driving someone else’s car. Apparently my dogs gave it away? Less than 10min in the parts store and I found this in the front seat when I came out....

Look for another batch of salsa in the food thread. Green beans are getting steamed tonight.

The following 2 users liked this post by SkySkiJason:
Old 08-20-2021, 04:27 PM
Dan V
Lead Driver
Received 610 Likes on 397 Posts
I forgot to lock the doors on my truck....and when I came back their were a pair of Twins tickets on the dash.

Old 08-20-2021, 04:50 PM
F350towing
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1,177 Likes on 642 Posts
You guys obviously live in better neighborhoods than me.

Our stuff goes missing if doors are left unlocked.

One morning leaving for work I found a detachable stereo faceplate laying in my driveway. A quick search on our local crime watch Facebook page and we found the owner. Forgot to lock his door on his truck. He was happy to be reunited and drove away with tunes cranked.

The following 2 users liked this post by F350towing:
Old 08-20-2021, 07:07 PM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 2,041 Likes on 1,209 Posts
I’m happy to live in a place where sketchy people are confronted and harassed. You never know who knows the guy who’s car you’ve decided to look in while he/she went in the store. Unless you’re leaving vegetables, then everyone chuckles. Lol.

Seriously though, it’s still a small enough community that I see someone I know every place I go in town.

I’ll tell my customers I drove their truck to town after doing work on it and they can tell me where all I went because people told them a sketchy bearded guy was driving it.

Old 08-20-2021, 07:46 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Received 119 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by SkySkiJason
PSA: REMEMBER TO LOCk YOUR DOORS THIS TIME OF YEAR FOLKS!!!!

I thought I was safe because I was driving someone else’s car. Apparently my dogs gave it away? Less than 10min in the parts store and I found this in the front seat when I came out....

Look for another batch of salsa in the food thread. Green beans are getting steamed tonight.
I had to read that twice before I figured out what you were trying to say… definitely a sketchy neighborhood if they’re leaving vegetables.
I need to find a community where they leave steaks on your front seat!

The following 2 users liked this post by Colorado350:
Old 08-20-2021, 08:20 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by F350towing
You guys obviously live in better neighborhoods than me.

Our stuff goes missing if doors are left unlocked.

One morning leaving for work I found a detachable stereo faceplate laying in my driveway. A quick search on our local crime watch Facebook page and we found the owner. Forgot to lock his door on his truck. He was happy to be reunited and drove away with tunes cranked.
There are still places where neighbors or property neighbors are friendly, respectful and helpful. The town square is a place for families to gather on the 4th of July, Halloween, etc... You walk into a small family restaurant and you know most of the people in there by name. The police perform traffic duty to let the school buses cross and people wave and thank them. People say thank you, hello, your welcome and hold the door for each other. Where deputies get a wave passing by them on the road and thank them when we see them in public, same for fire and other emergency services.

They are out there, but are getting more and more rare as the days go on.

As for Jason (SSJ), he is easily identified from 100 yards away by anyone that knows him in a somewhat crowded place. It does not surprise me that someone recognized him in a car that he is not usually driving. I would wager a bet that any other FTE'r that knows SSJ would agree with that statement.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***