What have you done to your truck today? - Page 12 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

What have you done to your truck today?

Old 11-20-2010, 12:59 AM
fishbone1
Freshman User
fishbone1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Called it bad names when it suddenly died ta 35mph on the way to work tonight. It restarted though???

Old 11-20-2010, 12:59 AM
dyingtolive
Elder User
dyingtolive is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The past three days, I've done nothing but work on the truck.
Wednesday, I did a Duraspark II conversion.
Yesterday, I replaced the water pump.
Today, I removed all the unnecessary wires from the engine bay, and pulled the computer out of the truck. And I also drained and flushed the radiator, and filled it with coolant and water because yesterday, I put straight water in it until I could make sure it didn't leak anywhere.

Tomorrow- possibly painting the valve cover. I have a 300 I6. I was thinking of painting the whole cover blue, and then going back and painting the Ford emblem on the cover white. Ideas? Suggestions?

Old 11-20-2010, 01:07 AM
pintoches
Postmaster
pintoches has a good reputation on FTE.pintoches has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by phurst View Post
Pulled my air cleaner off, scrubbed it, wire brushed it and painted it. I was bored

What paint did you use? I like the way that turned out!

Old 11-20-2010, 12:16 PM
phurst
Senior User
phurst is starting off with a positive reputation.
It's several coats of Rustoleum primer and then several coats of Rusoleum Metallic Finish Silver. I have no idea on durability, just did it on a whim. If it doesn't hold up, I may strip it and just polish the darn thing. I like this look though. Chrome is a little too flashy for me. This is a nice balance.

Old 11-20-2010, 04:18 PM
TheKirbyMan
Posting Guru
TheKirbyMan has a good reputation on FTE.TheKirbyMan has a good reputation on FTE.
All this week I've been using my truck to move firewood over to my church for a bonfire. With the way it holds 2nd for so long, I guess it must have a shift kit in it. It didn't used to shift this way, til after I took a 100-mile trip. I guess something got unclogged? I drained the trans fluid from the C6 when I changed the filter and pan gasket (didn't drain the TC), and it still shifts this way.

Today if I have a chance I'm going to change the oil. Shell Rotella T 15w40 and either a Wix or Motorcraft filter. It's way past time to change it!

Old 11-20-2010, 06:01 PM
CamoLaw
Senior User
CamoLaw is starting off with a positive reputation.
Changed the oil, replaced the spark plugs, and unsuccessfully attempted to discover why my tail lights aren't working.

Truck still wont start after the carb rebuild except with starting fluid.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Freaksh0w
Elder User
Freaksh0w is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hauled a load of wood. Truck got the easy part. I had to split it.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:51 PM
Fordzilla80
Postmaster
Fordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to allFordzilla80 is a name known to all
I'm still neglecting it.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:11 PM
ctubutis
ctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputation
Combined from three postings

Went to a junkyard for a few hours and almost have all the interior components stripped out
of a cab I hope to pick up next Friday.

Attached Images   

Last edited by ctubutis; 11-20-2010 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Just to see how this works
Old 11-20-2010, 08:12 PM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Rogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to behold
I actually drove mine across town (the big city, actually) to pickup a trailer, that I then brought back to my small town, and loaded a car on it.
Tomorrow, the car is going across the big city and back, on the trailer, behind the ol' truck.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:57 PM
dyingtolive
Elder User
Didn't get to paint my valve covers today. Tomorrow doesn't look too promising either. However, I did take the truck to get a load of firewood today. Man, I'm loving that DSII ignition.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:18 PM
ctubutis
ctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputation
Hey, dyingtolive,

Could you fill out the rest of your profile so we can see where you're from? User CP -> lots of
settings in the LH column.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:32 PM
dyingtolive
Elder User
Got it filled out. Now, I'm just waiting for my signature to become available, and I'll fill that out too. haha.

In case it doesn't show for some reason, I live in McDonough, GA, but I'm originally from Douglasville, GA. Born at FT. Campbell, KY though.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:53 PM
ctubutis
I don't display avatars or signatures so I wouldn't notice that.

Thanks for fillin' out your location!

-chris

Old 11-20-2010, 09:55 PM
dohc_chump
This space for rent...
dohc_chump has a great reputation on FTE.dohc_chump has a great reputation on FTE.dohc_chump has a great reputation on FTE.dohc_chump has a great reputation on FTE.dohc_chump has a great reputation on FTE.dohc_chump has a great reputation on FTE.
finally installed my axle pivot bushings. i also brought home the left i-beam so i could do the rest of the work inside... it's getting cold and fast.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What have you done to your truck today?

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.