What have you done to your truck today? - Page 22 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

What have you done to your truck today?

Old 12-18-2010, 10:41 AM
00Boss
Elder User
00Boss is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.00Boss is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I swapped tires and that screwed my whole truck up. Yet another shop on the black list. Put my bullbar back on after gettin cut off twice within 5 minutes.

Old 12-18-2010, 01:35 PM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
jthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud of
Changed out my starter and solenoid switch after the truck running the starter after the truck was started last weekend. Luckily I didn't have to go anywhere and I have a business vehicle. It was 20 degrees out, and I just didn't feel much like fixing it at the time in my fit of rage. Got "genuine" motorcraft parts because they were slightly cheaper than napa. Truck started up fine, but when I stopped and restarted it, the starter seems to be a little loud and runs slightly longer than my turning the key. Thoughts?

Old 12-19-2010, 11:48 AM
GotFord83
Senior User
GotFord83 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by dyingtolive View Post
If you open the glove box and remove the glove box insert, the buzzer should be above the insert, mounted to the bottom of the dash. I'll post a picture of it tomorrow, when the sun's out.
Any chance of posting that much needed pic thanks

Old 12-19-2010, 12:06 PM
ctubutis
ctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by GotFord83 View Post
Any chance of posting that much needed pic thanks
I've got one I can post easily, it's taken from behind the dash, that picture of
the rear axle is what's on the glove box door.

BTW I was somewhat misleading in an earlier post I made here about 80-82
variants, the seat belt buzzer is, in fact, located as was stated above the
glove box door and not closer to the center as I had said earlier, it's the
headlights-on buzzer that's near the radio (if equipped).

In any case, if your truck is 83+, all your buzzers are contained in one unit
(yours should be green, white or black, depending and will have lots more
wires) above the glove box like pictured here:

Old 12-19-2010, 02:26 PM
GotFord83
Senior User
Thanks, mine is a 83, I will take a look at it tonight and see what it looks like

Old 12-19-2010, 02:32 PM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Rogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to behold
Those buzzers can be accessed without removing the insert. There's just enough room in there for someone without huge hands to get their fingers in there, and twist the buzzer out of the slot it's held into. It will then drop down far enough to unplug it.
Putting it back into place almost requires pulling the insert, though.......

Old 12-19-2010, 03:03 PM
GotFord83
Senior User
Been working on the stereo so right now the glove box insert is already out as I just got a new one from LMC

Old 12-19-2010, 06:33 PM
Greyf100
Elder User
Greyf100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
redid the vacuum advance, adjusted timing, reset carb, got the kick down installed and adjusted....idles great, no more pinging, pulls hard all the way to the 5k RPM shift @ WOT.

body work is next, then onto paint...

Old 12-19-2010, 10:16 PM
GotFord83
Senior User
Found it, thanks pulled it out and no more buzzer !!

Old 12-19-2010, 10:59 PM
dyingtolive
Elder User
dyingtolive is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
It's nice not having that annoying buzzer come on every time you open the door with the key in the ignition, isn't it?

Old 12-20-2010, 04:28 AM
Carters86
New User
Carters86 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by jthorngate3 View Post
Changed out my starter and solenoid switch after the truck running the starter after the truck was started last weekend. Luckily I didn't have to go anywhere and I have a business vehicle. It was 20 degrees out, and I just didn't feel much like fixing it at the time in my fit of rage. Got "genuine" motorcraft parts because they were slightly cheaper than napa. Truck started up fine, but when I stopped and restarted it, the starter seems to be a little loud and runs slightly longer than my turning the key. Thoughts?
might need to shim out the starter a bit.. I just used some washers on mine but there are probably spacers actually designed for that =).. either that or take that starter back and get another new one

Sounds like its not able to disengage from the flywheel quick as it should.

(disclaimer: I am not a mechanic)

Old 12-20-2010, 06:48 AM
GotFord83
Senior User
Originally Posted by dyingtolive View Post
It's nice not having that annoying buzzer come on every time you open the door with the key in the ignition, isn't it?
Yea exactly, even better it's nice working on the stereo and not having that loud annoying buzzer come on everytime you want to test something

Old 12-20-2010, 08:07 AM
Anafiel
Posting Guru
Anafiel has a very good reputation on FTE.Anafiel has a very good reputation on FTE.Anafiel has a very good reputation on FTE.Anafiel has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by GotFord83 View Post
Yea exactly, even better it's nice working on the stereo and not having that loud annoying buzzer come on everytime you want to test something
Does your buzzer do "Headlights on"? I'm looking for one of those for my '85 F150. I'll buy it from you if it does...

Old 12-20-2010, 08:15 AM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
jthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Carters86 View Post
might need to shim out the starter a bit.. I just used some washers on mine but there are probably spacers actually designed for that =).. either that or take that starter back and get another new one

Sounds like its not able to disengage from the flywheel quick as it should.

(disclaimer: I am not a mechanic)
I thought the shims were used if you were getting a grinding noise? This isn't a "metal grinding noise", it's just the starter running slightly longer. I do understand what you are saying though.

Old 12-22-2010, 09:51 PM
00Boss
Elder User
00Boss is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.00Boss is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I drove the 1000 miles from Copperas Cove Tx to Firestone Co yesterday and the truck did great. Shes got alot of heart for bein a 25yr old farm truck. My starter runs longer then it should but I think its cause my ignition switch is worn out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What have you done to your truck today?

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.