What have you done to your truck today? - Page 11 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

What have you done to your truck today?

Old 11-17-2010, 05:04 PM
dohc_chump
This space for rent...
dohc_chump has a great reputation on FTE.dohc_chump has a great reputation on FTE.dohc_chump has a great reputation on FTE.dohc_chump has a great reputation on FTE.dohc_chump has a great reputation on FTE.dohc_chump has a great reputation on FTE.
i think i lost about all my steam as far as working on my truck. i finally have all the drop brackets mounted, but need to drill a few holes before i can call that part finished. i still have to replace the inner axle stub u-joints, replace the axle pivot bushings, install new brake pads and rotors, replace the front driveshaft u-joints, swap over a set of warn hubs, and eight trillion other things. i'm sick of not having my '84 to drive but i'm also sick of working on it.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:31 PM
Fordzilla80
Postmaster
Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.
If I was closer, i'd lend ya a hand on the 84. You'll eventually get her done though, and she'll be one heck of a trail rig.

As far as my truck, i've been paying alot more attention to my Ranger than the F100, so I haven't been able to do anything to the F100. I noticed the other day that the rear bumper was sagging, so I will need to get under there sometime and find out why it's sagging.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:50 PM
FordNFishinLover
Posting Guru
FordNFishinLover is starting off with a positive reputation.
Im with ya man. Seems when i just get some progress done something else shows up or i messed it up and have to redo it!

Not to mention that its getting freezing cold out, i work all week, have school all week, and already rarely have time to work on it!

Old 11-17-2010, 09:51 PM
FordNFishinLover
Posting Guru
FordNFishinLover is starting off with a positive reputation.
Btw, Dohc if you dont mind me asking where do you live? I just realized you lived in illinois.

Im in the charleston/mattoon area.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:59 PM
phurst
Senior User
phurst is starting off with a positive reputation.
I spent a while in the cold, wet dirt swapping in a new used starter, then filled her up for the first time since installing a cluster with a trip odometer. Sending unit is shot, so this should give me some idea of what my mileage is, and when to fill up again.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:05 PM
dohc_chump
This space for rent...
dohc_chump has a great reputation on FTE.dohc_chump has a great reputation on FTE.dohc_chump has a great reputation on FTE.dohc_chump has a great reputation on FTE.dohc_chump has a great reputation on FTE.dohc_chump has a great reputation on FTE.
i appreciate the words guys. i just rented a building tonight that i can work in during the winter and use for vehicle storage, so i'm feeling a bit better. i'm going to slap the truck together this weekend to get it rolling again and trailer it out there to finish it up.

FordNFishinLover: i live in the rockford area. i've been out to the mattoon area quite a bit in my life. my brother went to school at eiu and i visited him quite often (college parties were great when i was in high school).

Old 11-17-2010, 11:02 PM
panman65
Senior User
panman65 is starting off with a positive reputation.
spent all day climbing around under the hood of my 82 trying with no luck to find a vac leak and replaced the brake booster and master cylender on my buddies 84 f-150

Old 11-18-2010, 12:13 AM
TheKirbyMan
Posting Guru
TheKirbyMan has a good reputation on FTE.TheKirbyMan has a good reputation on FTE.
Got that little light back in place for the headlight and wiper switch icons this afternoon. Awhile back I removed the factory blue cover and put red lens-repair tape in its place. The icons light up a nice shade of red to match the gauges.

Tomorrow I'm going with a friend to another friend's house to load up a big log...my church youth is having a lock-in and a bonfire Friday night, and I'm providing the firewood. I already took a load of it to the church the other day. We're going in my truck...my friend has an 80s Chevrolet with some hot rod goodies (it's awesome), I wonder how it'd do compared to my truck? He's got a cam, headers, 4bbl carb, etc., I'm mostly bone stock except for what I'm assuming is a shift kit a PO apparently installed.

1st to 2nd shift is normal, but it holds 2nd for a while before dropping to 3rd. It's a bit weird with an empty truck since it feels like I'm riding on the end of the gear, but when I had it loaded full of wood and stuff the other day, it helped get the load moving.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:25 PM
Anafiel
Posting Guru
Anafiel has a very good reputation on FTE.Anafiel has a very good reputation on FTE.Anafiel has a very good reputation on FTE.Anafiel has a very good reputation on FTE.
Had a good day at the JY today. On a whim, I stopped by to see if they had anything that I might pirate, and they had just gotten in a '84 XLT. Ugly thing, but look what I got....

Left and Right power window switches. Both worked great, neither of my old ones did.
Left headlight bezel. Mine was cracked.
Right side body chrome/trim to replace the trim that got left in the woods somewhere...(damn those bushes)
Non-locking glove box latch. Mine was busted.

And then the biggie....!!

My pic is a little blurry, but this panel is in great shape. After I clean off the dust, it'll be perfect. I have the gauge type panel in my truck now, but without the factory tach.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:14 PM
Dorsai
Elder User
Dorsai has a good reputation on FTE.Dorsai has a good reputation on FTE.Dorsai has a good reputation on FTE.
Changed the oil in my '80 F-150. The oil had been in there since 2004, I figured that was long enough.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:33 AM
dohc_chump
This space for rent...
i went to work on my truck today and was met with three cordless drills with dead batteries. i searched high and low for the chargers, but had no luck (they were hiding safe and sound in my house across town). i was forced to pull out the old snap-on air drill that takes eons to drill with... followed by more time wasted looking for the right drill bits. i ended up with a little under an hour of daylight to work with after that and only managed to get two holes drilled. i still have three holes left to go, but at least i'll be better equipped tomorrow.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:59 PM
Dorsai
Elder User
Dorsai has a good reputation on FTE.Dorsai has a good reputation on FTE.Dorsai has a good reputation on FTE.
I started tracking down the oil leaks in my truck, and discovered that none of the bolts on the valve cover were even finger-tight - the only thing holding it in place was thirty years of gunk. I suspect solving the leaks will be a lot easier than I first thought.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:03 PM
desperado_18_2000
Posting Guru
desperado_18_2000 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Still taking apart my parts truck. Got all the mount bolts loose, been pulling the bed, core support, fenders, and hood today. Couple days back I swapped all the interior trim to my truck so that it all matches.

Can't wait til the parts truck is out of the shop and my truck rolls in...

Old 11-19-2010, 11:10 PM
phurst
Senior User
phurst is starting off with a positive reputation.
Pulled my air cleaner off, scrubbed it, wire brushed it and painted it. I was bored

Old 11-20-2010, 12:54 AM
6fifty_f1fifty
Elder User
6fifty_f1fifty is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.6fifty_f1fifty is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Pulled my water pump on the supercab, took the radiator out, drained all the coolant, then re-attached the lower hose and filled it with water to see if it was the problem, water started seeping out the weep hole. 50 bucks later and I got a new water pump and lower hose, and fuel line. Will go about installing them tomorrow.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What have you done to your truck today?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.