What have you done to your truck today? - Page 18 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

What have you done to your truck today?

Old 12-07-2010, 10:53 PM
GotFord83
Senior User
GotFord83 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Spent the day putting a roll in bedliner in the cab of the truck......came out really good, except the "cold" weather down here in florida is making it a little hard to cure.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:04 AM
6fifty_f1fifty
Elder User
6fifty_f1fifty is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.6fifty_f1fifty is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by TheKirbyMan View Post
Ever notice how PO also describes the emotion usually felt when the PO's handiwork is discovered?
Yep, I usually let that stuff fly too.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Gearfloater
New User
Gearfloater is starting off with a positive reputation.
tested glow plug relay in process of tracing why glow plugs are not working.

Relay checked out, now to test the controller/switch. IF it fails, thinking about just wiring up a temp manual button till I can pony up the 130 bucks, worst case scenario.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:15 PM
TheKirbyMan
Posting Guru
TheKirbyMan has a good reputation on FTE.TheKirbyMan has a good reputation on FTE.
Have you considered checking the junkyard for a working controller/switch? Might be cheaper that way.

I don't know about your local yards, but the one I go to gives everything a six-month warranty. If you bring it back, you can exchange it for something else of equal or lesser value, or they'll give you a credit.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:28 PM
neversosure
Senior User
neversosure is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by ctubutis View Post
My "quick tear down and inspection" resulted in discovery of shoddy work done by a PO
which then resulted in replacement rebuilt heads, replacement block, TMI hypereutectic
pistons, Cloyes roller timing chain, polished crank, Edelbrock Performer 400, Holley 670
Truck Avenger, headers (from a JY, no idea of brand), and all the other parts & components
necessary to build an 80's engine back into a decent performer, all over the course of a
summer.

Be warned.
I hear ya!!! But I built this one, Has maybe 30 1/4 mile runs on it. Just have alot of money into it and I will sleep better at night knowing its right after spinning the thing 7200+ rpms all summer!

Not hard to do just a gasket kit and about 5 hours of time.

Matty

Old 12-09-2010, 08:05 AM
Gearfloater
New User
Gearfloater is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by TheKirbyMan View Post
Have you considered checking the junkyard for a working controller/switch? Might be cheaper that way.

I don't know about your local yards, but the one I go to gives everything a six-month warranty. If you bring it back, you can exchange it for something else of equal or lesser value, or they'll give you a credit.
Thats a option I haven't thought about, thanks for the idea. I know I saw the pricing running around 120 for a brand new one. def. worth a look into if it turns out to be that.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:19 AM
6fifty_f1fifty
Elder User
6fifty_f1fifty is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.6fifty_f1fifty is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Anyone else notice the down time yesterday? Whats up with that? Doesn't FTE know our lives depend on the Crack that this forum is?

Old 12-09-2010, 09:20 PM
00Boss
Elder User
00Boss is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.00Boss is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Haha no I was busy buyin tune up parts so my truck will handle my tx-co trip.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:16 AM
desperado_18_2000
Posting Guru
desperado_18_2000 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Spent the day today pulling my core support out, and removing the engine. Got it all apart in about 3 hours, and now its sitting inside the shop awaiting the next phase. Which of course is removing the old T-18 and getting it ready to swap to an AOD. Goodbye 3k rpm highway and hello increased MPG.

Gonna bolt up a Clifford Intake and some headers this week too, gonna try and snap some pics of the progress if I can get a chance. (Provided my hands aren't too effin greasy) There however will be completed pics!

Old 12-10-2010, 07:58 PM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
jthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 00Boss View Post
Haha no I was busy buyin tune up parts so my truck will handle my tx-co trip.
What are you doing in CO?

Old 12-10-2010, 08:17 PM
00Boss
Elder User
00Boss is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.00Boss is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Born and raised mountain man Yeah! My mom still lives there and Im goin "home" for the holidays.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:24 PM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
jthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud ofjthorngate3 has much to be proud of
Awesome. I grew up in CO myself. Miss it like crazy. Hope to be back there in the next couple years. Where's your mom live, if you don't mind my asking. I grew up just outside of Boulder(damn hippies)

Old 12-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Jerry Hop
Freshman User
Jerry Hop is starting off with a positive reputation.
Your not going to beleive this , I put a set of portawalls on my 1980 full one ton truck , yes I am from the old school.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:45 PM
CamoLaw
Senior User
CamoLaw is starting off with a positive reputation.
Over the past three days, I've done the filling in of the speaker hole project from the stickies, along with completely dismantling all of the other dash panels from my truck and repainting them all to match (a much lighter shade of tan than the "saddle" color from the factory).

I also replaced the a-pillars with non-cracked models from an '84 Crew Cab. They weren't a perfect fit, but I fabricated them to fit a little better than my original factory ones ever did.

Will post pictures soon.

Old 12-11-2010, 12:53 AM
pengintamer
Freshman User
pengintamer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Over the last week I pulled the dash apart and removed the gauge lights filters and installed an intermittent wiper switch and control box. Also threw on 33" bfg km2's.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What have you done to your truck today?

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.