1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

What have you done to your truck today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Derrick lane
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Four New gas shocks yesterday, fixed flat tire, E brake cables two days ago. In the last week fixed clunking radius arm bushings ,Rotated tires , fuel sending unit , got air cleaner / breather working , fixed door hitting fender, fixed many rattles
Got all outside lights working, New window rubbers a couple weeks ago.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:30 AM
nolan62
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Discovered the Powerjection III EFI system does not work with a DUI distributor. They are not compatable. Pulled it off and returned it to Summit. On the good side the engine runs a lot better now with the carb back on and a 1" spacer! I finally have dash lights and all the outside lights work now. High beam dash light quit working as did the seat belt/door open buzzer. I hate electrical problems.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:14 PM
dyingtolive
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I actually ripped the seat belt/door open buzzer out of the truck. Hearing that buzzing sound every time I opened my door, or left it open to listen to music annoyed the tar out of me.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:44 PM
nolan62
Senior User
Yeah I won't cry if the buzzer never works but I would like my high beam light to work. Probably the 25yo floor switch.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:20 PM
dyingtolive
Elder User
Possibly. Have you checked the bulbs? It could be possible that you have a bad printed circuit, too. I know that when I installed a factory tach on mine, I had to install a new printed circuit, and when I did, none of the lights in the instrument cluster would work, including the high beam light, and brake indicator light. I swapped out the printed circuit and they all started working again.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:37 PM
nolan62
Senior User
I swapped the bulb with one that works, no go. I added a factory tach from the JY but I wired it in separate. It wasn't working at first and I stepped on the switch hard and it came on. It worked after that then stopped a few weeks ago. I'll throw my meter on it and see if it's broke.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:22 PM
beetle
Senior User
Repaired (hopefully) the noise coming from the L/F disk brake that would go away when I applied the brakes. Took it all apart, everything looked good, removed glaze from pads and rotor and adjusted wheel bearings, they had a little too much play.....so far, so good.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by beetle
Repaired (hopefully) the noise coming from the L/F disk brake that would go away when I applied the brakes. Took it all apart, everything looked good, removed glaze from pads and rotor and adjusted wheel bearings, they had a little too much play.....so far, so good.
If the noise was a rattling sound, it's likely just pads fitting a bit loose. The inner pad uses a spring clip, called an anti-rattle clip. The outer pad just snaps into place over the caliper. If it's loose, adjust the 2 smaller tabs be tapping on them with a hammer until the pad is tightly fitting into place.

Old 12-16-2010, 02:40 PM
beetle
Senior User
Thanks for the tip...the noise was a chirping sound, not a rattle. the pads were tight and secure. Still quiet.

Old 12-16-2010, 04:57 PM
dohc_chump
This space for rent...
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Broke the driver's side handle trying to get into my truck. Then I had a small electrical fire under the hood and the starter is now officially junk. Never did get my truck running. Contemplated selling the truck in a fit of rage and then came to my senses. All things point to the new Chevy for bad Ford karma.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:17 PM
alhauger
Senior User
I finally discovered yesterday that the in-tank low pressure fuel pump died on me. Switched over to the rear fuel tank for the first time and she started right up. And the rear fuel gauge works! Today I put about 100 miles of highway / country road driving in it. It seemed to enjoy having it's legs stretched. All in all i'm satisfied.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:41 PM
GotFord83
Senior User
Originally Posted by dyingtolive
I actually ripped the seat belt/door open buzzer out of the truck. Hearing that buzzing sound every time I opened my door, or left it open to listen to music annoyed the tar out of me.
Where is that located I would like to do the same

Old 12-16-2010, 06:01 PM
dyingtolive
Elder User
Originally Posted by GotFord83
Where is that located I would like to do the same
If you open the glove box and remove the glove box insert, the buzzer should be above the insert, mounted to the bottom of the dash. I'll post a picture of it tomorrow, when the sun's out.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:56 PM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by dyingtolive
If you open the glove box and remove the glove box insert, the buzzer should be above the insert, mounted to the bottom of the dash.
Unless you have 80-82 in which case there are two buzzers, both located behind
the center console and neither of which are for the key-in-ignition buzzer (that
feature wasn't added until I believe 83) but are the seat belt warning &
optional headlights-on warning devices.

83+ Ford combined the two buzzers into one unit mounted above the glove box
as described above but there are two variants, one which also includes the
headlights-on buzzer and one which doesn't.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:31 PM
huggyb1972
Tuned
Well I looked for a axle for the front today and yesterday and last week and finally after zillions of calls and internet searches I think I just found the part I needed without giving in and buying a new one. yay

Quick Reply: What have you done to your truck today?