Notices
Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Old 03-19-2015, 06:26 PM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by nmclella View Post
The dude in the McDonald's drive through compliments you on your truck.

"You don't see those around, nice truck"

There are almost no Exs up this way. And being diesel I really stand out. No other half ton diesel SUVs around

My gasser V-10 is a 3/4 ton SUV, just one more way that the V-10 is mightier than the oil burners I guess.

Old 03-19-2015, 07:25 PM
Misky6.0
Post Fiend
Misky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputationMisky6.0 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by LivingLarge View Post
Last time I drove thru Hollywood florida, (February) I thought I was in Quebec City!

The Quebecians are taking over lol
They have a pro-cess for that, eh. I spent a year (in miami!) Supervising some canadian sw guys installing a new communications system for Metro-dade back in '96-97. Sounded like I was watching a hockey game, eh.

You know you drive an excursion when your architect asks why do you need a 30 ft deep garage and 8' tall door...

Old 03-19-2015, 08:54 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
LivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Misky6.0 View Post
You know you drive an excursion when your architect asks why do you need a 30 ft deep garage and 8' tall door...
Yeah this reminds me buy a house outside of an association...

Old 03-19-2015, 09:24 PM
nmclella
Posting Guru
nmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputationnmclella has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by WE3ZS View Post
My gasser V-10 is a 3/4 ton SUV, just one more way that the V-10 is mightier than the oil burners I guess.
Haha you're always on point Tom.

I meant to say my 1/2 ton engine'd SUV

Originally Posted by mecdac View Post
Last time I was in Quebec City, it was quite rare to see anything larger than a minivan.
Stayed in the Chateau Frontenac for a school trip a few years ago. A beautiful city but I don't habla francais too well. Smaller vehicles do seem to be more common up there, a lot more European

Old 03-20-2015, 06:56 AM
mecdac
If it flies, it dies
mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by nmclella View Post

Stayed in the Chateau Frontenac for a school trip a few years ago. A beautiful city but I don't habla francais too well. Smaller vehicles do seem to be more common up there, a lot more European
Is there any other place to stay?

While staying in QC I spent most of my time in the "concierge suite" ...free internet, snacks, beers. The computer was in Francais (of course) and I had a lot of time on my hands so I changed all the language settings to English, American English no less.

I return to the "scene of the crime" a few hours later for refills. I see two hotel employees in a complete meltdown - Sacre bleu, nah, nah casse, sabotage, technique, clavier...

They looked at me and I said, (in German) Kann ich meine E-Mail überprüfen?

Wo ist das badezimmer?

It took them three days to change it back to Francais.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:08 AM
JuanHuevos
I'm still around...mostly
JuanHuevos is a splendid one to beholdJuanHuevos is a splendid one to beholdJuanHuevos is a splendid one to beholdJuanHuevos is a splendid one to beholdJuanHuevos is a splendid one to beholdJuanHuevos is a splendid one to beholdJuanHuevos is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mecdac View Post
Is there any other place to stay? While staying in QC I spent most of my time in the "concierge suite" ...free internet, snacks, beers. The computer was in Francais (of course) and I had a lot of time on my hands so I changed all the language settings to English, American English no less. I return to the "scene of the crime" a few hours later for refills. I see two hotel employees in a complete meltdown - Sacre bleu, nah, nah casse, sabotage, technique, clavier... They looked at me and I said, (in German) Kann ich meine E-Mail überprüfen? Wo ist das badezimmer? It took them three days to change it back to Francais.
German is my go-to non-English language too. I lived there for 4 years. Around here in Texas, there's a lot of Spanish speaking folk. When I'm asked if I speak Spanish I just ask back, ¿Habla Alemana? That's always fun lol

And if you're asking for the badzimmer, the Germans will give you a pretty funny look and be speechless

Old 03-20-2015, 10:16 AM
Apocalypse
Post Fiend
Apocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by JuanHuevos View Post
German is my go-to non-English language too. I lived there for 4 years. Around here in Texas, there's a lot of Spanish speaking folk. When I'm asked if I speak Spanish I just ask back, ¿Habla Alemana? That's always fun lol

And if you're asking for the badzimmer, the Germans will give you a pretty funny look and be speechless
My wife speaks French and I speak a little Korean and a tiny German and I like to play this game (she HATES it) where when we get around some (usually Hispanics) that are only speaking spanish and are doing so only because others are around (like in line at the grocery store) I start looking at them and laughing and speak gibberish in Korean to Wendy. If she's not having a bad day or she feels like they are being a****les then she will talk back in French. It's great, it makes no since at all and we laugh and get to use words we almost never use. My favorite is: "Der Mustang ist ein americanisher vagon" I know I spelled that way wrong, but I can only speak a tiny tiny amount and can't spell any of it

Old 03-20-2015, 12:34 PM
reospw
New User
reospw is starting off with a positive reputation.
You know you are driving an Excursion when the gas attendant filling you up looks under the truck to see if it's leaking out.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:53 PM
Apocalypse
Post Fiend
Apocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputationApocalypse has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by reospw View Post
You know you are driving an Excursion when the gas attendant filling you up looks under the truck to see if it's leaking out.
You must live in NJ... I'm sorry

Old 03-20-2015, 12:55 PM
Apocalypse
Post Fiend
....when even though you drive the biggest and baddest SUV ever made you look for things Ford "did wrong" so you can make it better

Old 03-20-2015, 01:57 PM
Vwags
Elder User
Vwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to beholdVwags is a splendid one to behold
...when you are a little jealous of YOU for getting to drive.

...when you know what it's like being the person everyone wants to be.

Old 03-20-2015, 03:08 PM
74Mav
Senior User
74Mav has a very good reputation on FTE.74Mav has a very good reputation on FTE.74Mav has a very good reputation on FTE.74Mav has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by drillcrutor View Post
you know you drive an Excursion when, you intentionally park next to a suburban just to see how puny they are.....

lets see what others have to say keep it going!!
Today is my first full day with my EX - and I did this, lol.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:08 PM
Apocalypse
Post Fiend
I was bad about parking next to other "suvs" before but now that I have my 4wd I go out of my way to park next to them. My favorite is when a really "nice" one with wheels and a "sweet" paint job parks taking up 4 spaces way out in the middle of no-where at the mall or Target... I park the same way but in front of them and now with the 4wd I'll be high enough to completely block them out Before it was just nice to cover them up a little and make them think twice when looking for their car when they came out of the mall.

Old 03-20-2015, 09:29 PM
ExPACamper
Post Fiend
ExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant futureExPACamper has a brilliant future
...when you search the internet for adapters to go Green.

I found the plug in the bumper, but where do I find an adapter?

Ok, the real post is:

...when you park in the EV charging spot and take a pic in the cold, just to make people on FTE laugh!

Old 03-21-2015, 06:36 AM
Themoose56
Senior User
Themoose56 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
You must live in NJ... I'm sorry
hahahaha the best is when they come up to me and say, "she's thirsty today"....always makes me laugh, I always get out and fill it myself though, and most diesel pumps where I'm at in Jersey are self serve. So I got that going for me. lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: you know you drive an Excursion when.....

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.